“Very Nice Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Webster, New York
“Very Nice Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

As usual Hampton Inn did not disappoint but this one was a bit nicer than others. It had a very nice staff, was well maintained and had a great breakfast with a nice manager's reception. The pool was closed but not a big deal for us. Room and lobby were spotless! Close by places to eat with a nice variety.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Berea, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family and I stayed here on our way home from Florida. It is an older hotel with the exterior entrances to the rooms which doesn't really matter to me if an area feels secure as this area did. The room was clean and the furniture was in pretty good shape and looked like a higher grade of furniture with posts on the bed boards. The beds were pretty comfortable and they passed the dreaded bed bug check. Plenty of room in the parking lot. The food selection the next morning was very good and the woman taking care of it stayed very busy and on top of her job taking care of the guests. As things would run out she would have them replaced quckly.
Now, for a few negatives about the place. The evening before the food area smelled as if something was rotting in a trash can there. I don't know if some food had gotten behind something, but, it smelled awful. The next morning I couldn't smell it , but, remembering the night before made me worry how clean the eating area actually was. I was awakened by my family after falling asleep that evening to find that my sons couldn't get a shower because the tub shower engaging lever was not working. I called the front desk and told the boy about it. I didn't want to move all of our stuff that night to a second floor room, so, I asked if there was ANY ground floor room nearby where we could shower. He did have a room two doors away which was a handicap smoking room available and he let us have keys for that room to shower. Now I know after entering that room why I NEVER want to sleep in a smoking room. The smell in the room would about choke you and this is from a guy whose wife used to smoke(in the garage) and who believes that smokers should have rights. So needless to say, we would have to dress up in our old clothes to go down to the smoking room to take showers before dressing up in our clean clothes which retained some of the smoke smell from the room. The staff did ALL they could to accomodate us, but, it was just the situation that was aggravating. Because the staff did what they could, I would give the hotel a "good rating" if there was one available, but, it still wasn't a "very good" or four star experience. They apologized the next morning to me and even gave us a basket with some candy, chips and waters in it. If not for the situation, I would give the place a better rating.

Room Tip: You want ground floor to avoid the stairs to the second level. Request a room on the side away from...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We always stay at Hamptons when travelling to Florida be cause we know what to expect and are usually not dissapoined. This time we were. This is one of the older Hamptons with outside access, similar to Holiday Inns of the 70's. The room was tired - musty and unapealling. Other H ampton amenities were up par. The hotel was difficult to access. The staff was not nearly as friendly as experienced in othe Hamptons (especially in the South). One thing that surprised me was the appearance of a tip jar in the breakfast room. I never saw one of those before. The hotel was kind of pricey fro it's status. Next time I'd go a little furthet and stay in Valdosta.

Room Tip: Don't choose one!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Bend, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Road weary and hungry, my wife and I decided to stay in Tifton Georgia for the night. We decided to try the Hampton Inn. I asked the front desk clerk if she had any vacancy. She replied, "We do. And if you check in now, you'll have time to enjoy a snack with free wine and beer."

"Pardon me," I said. "did you say free beer???"
"Yes," she replied.
I jumped at the opportunity, "We'll stay for the night."

The snacks were great - crackers, cheese, cookies, some sort of delicious chowder, and of course the wine and beer. The complimentary hot breakfast the next morning was equally good.

The room was clean and comfortable. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion were provided. The television had cable (with HBO) and a great picture.

The staff was friendly and attentive. The motel is easy to access off the I-75 and our room was quiet. There was an outdoor swimming pool, but the weather was too cold for a dip.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone either staying in the area for a couple of days or for any travelers needing a good night's rest. The price with a AAA discount was reasonable at $81.90.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Tifton is a tiny hamlet composed of a few fast food joints & hotels somewhere on the road of life ...
This friendly little motel was very clean, and dog/pet friendly. Fridge, breakfast and free wi-fi are included.
We paid $89 - parking lot was well lit too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was traveling south on I-75 and had a difficult time finding this place. It's tucked behind a couple of restaurants and within walking distance of Applebees. The staff are hugely friendly and the breakfast is dandy. Parking is safe and easy. This Hampton has outside entry to your room. The only drawback was the TV. Apparently they did not have satellite and some of the stations were fuzzy.

To find it - exit I-75 and head east on highway 82. Go one or two blocks (depending on exiting from north or south). At the 1st or 2nd stop light, turn right at the Applebees. Hampton is another half block on your right.

Room Tip: No elevator, but only two floors. Quiet side is facing Applebees.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I come to Tifton every week and this is the place to stay. Friendly helpful staff and great rates.Managers reception nightly with beer, wine and munchies, Walk to Logan's Steak House, Applebee's, Crackle Barrel and Chilli's. Clean rooms with fridge and microwaves. Flat screen TV's with lot's of channels.

Room Tip: Stay in the same building as the lobby, it's quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton? Share your experiences!