“Southbound I75 - Don't stop here - continue on to Valdosta” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Toronto Canada
“Southbound I75 - Don't stop here - continue on to Valdosta”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We always stay at Hamptons when travelling to Florida be cause we know what to expect and are usually not dissapoined. This time we were. This is one of the older Hamptons with outside access, similar to Holiday Inns of the 70's. The room was tired - musty and unapealling. Other H ampton amenities were up par. The hotel was difficult to access. The staff was not nearly as friendly as experienced in othe Hamptons (especially in the South). One thing that surprised me was the appearance of a tip jar in the breakfast room. I never saw one of those before. The hotel was kind of pricey fro it's status. Next time I'd go a little furthet and stay in Valdosta.

Room Tip: Don't choose one!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Grand Bend, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Road weary and hungry, my wife and I decided to stay in Tifton Georgia for the night. We decided to try the Hampton Inn. I asked the front desk clerk if she had any vacancy. She replied, "We do. And if you check in now, you'll have time to enjoy a snack with free wine and beer."

"Pardon me," I said. "did you say free beer???"
"Yes," she replied.
I jumped at the opportunity, "We'll stay for the night."

The snacks were great - crackers, cheese, cookies, some sort of delicious chowder, and of course the wine and beer. The complimentary hot breakfast the next morning was equally good.

The room was clean and comfortable. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion were provided. The television had cable (with HBO) and a great picture.

The staff was friendly and attentive. The motel is easy to access off the I-75 and our room was quiet. There was an outdoor swimming pool, but the weather was too cold for a dip.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone either staying in the area for a couple of days or for any travelers needing a good night's rest. The price with a AAA discount was reasonable at $81.90.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Tifton is a tiny hamlet composed of a few fast food joints & hotels somewhere on the road of life ...
This friendly little motel was very clean, and dog/pet friendly. Fridge, breakfast and free wi-fi are included.
We paid $89 - parking lot was well lit too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was traveling south on I-75 and had a difficult time finding this place. It's tucked behind a couple of restaurants and within walking distance of Applebees. The staff are hugely friendly and the breakfast is dandy. Parking is safe and easy. This Hampton has outside entry to your room. The only drawback was the TV. Apparently they did not have satellite and some of the stations were fuzzy.

To find it - exit I-75 and head east on highway 82. Go one or two blocks (depending on exiting from north or south). At the 1st or 2nd stop light, turn right at the Applebees. Hampton is another half block on your right.

Room Tip: No elevator, but only two floors. Quiet side is facing Applebees.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I come to Tifton every week and this is the place to stay. Friendly helpful staff and great rates.Managers reception nightly with beer, wine and munchies, Walk to Logan's Steak House, Applebee's, Crackle Barrel and Chilli's. Clean rooms with fridge and microwaves. Flat screen TV's with lot's of channels.

Room Tip: Stay in the same building as the lobby, it's quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Coming back from Orlando, hubby and I were extremely tired and rolled in around 1 am on a Monday morning. The lady at the desk checked us in quickly and even asked if we were AAA members, which we are. Glad to have the discount. We paid with tax, $89.72. A night at this Hampton Inn was worth it! Comfy bed and lush bedding, ULTRA clean room and bathroom, body care ammenities, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, decaf tea bag which I thought was rather nice. This room was decked out better than our room on resort at Disney World! When I woke up, I was rejeuvenated by a hot shower with excellent water pressure. When I meandered down to the lobby for a free breakfast fit for a queen, I noticed a gentleman busy about keeping the parking lot clean and housekeeping hard at it already. The spread for breakfast was amazing! Yoplait yogurt, coffee, juice, biscuits, bacon, western omelets, cinnamon swirled bread, fruit, muffins, milk...WOW!!! I especially liked the binder provided in the room that tells a traveler what he/she needs to know while staying at the Hampton Inn, emergency exits, attractions and best of all a Traveler's Prayer that really expressed care and concern. Can't say enough about it, so I'll stop here. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 217 is close to the vending and ice, away from the stairs and pool. Very quiet room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed at the Days Inn in Valdosta Ga on the way down to Orlando. That was not a good idea. We decided to try a little better place on the way back. The Hampton Inn was clean and comfortable. Just what we wanted for a few hours in between driving. The bed was comfortable and the rate was about $20 more than the Days Inn. The breakfast was great: Waffles, eggs, ham, yogurt/oatmeal/cereal/grits, fresh fruit, danishes, varieties of juices and coffees.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton? Share your experiences!