“untitled” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tifton
Jacksonville, Florida
“untitled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Room was clean. Usually stay in same room every time I go to Tifton.Only problem with the hotel is the price .The price changes week to week and they do not honor the price on the coupons.That is the main complaint I have with them and I have to go to Tifton alot,They have a nice pool and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

While traveling to FL to catch a cruise we had the unfortunate experience of staying at this hotel. This hotel is one of the few in the area that have an indoor heated pool and hot tub. That was our motivation for booking a room at this location. I will say...at least the pool was clean...and the only thing that was clean. Upon arrival we noticed that the hotel was packed to the gills and that almost everyone had dogs on a leash. We thought it was odd that so many people had pets....later we understood.

Upon checking in we could smell that our room was a "pet friendly" room. The odor was obvious but since we booked it on points and not cash we were willing to deal with the smell. Later in the evening, after the kids had visited the pool, we noticed that pet hair was on all of the clothing that we had placed on the bed. Upon looking closer we noticed that the comforters were covered in dog/cat hair! Not one or two....hairs but enough to make a wig for a dog!

We took the comforters off of the bed and placed them in the closet. The sheets were clean enough and we managed the rest of the night.

I spoke to the clerk and head of house keeping when checking out and informed them of the pet hair. They could have cared less. Since the hotel had been packed the night before there were no other rooms available or we would have requested a different room

There is no possible way I would ever recommend anyone staying here...pets or not. I love pets, but good grief....housekeeping....wash or vacuum the comforters once every six months!

Our next night was a Quality Inn in Titusville, FL and was awesome and spotless.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Loudon, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed there back in February, the room was fair, Staff was friendly. Problem, was when I got home I discovered they charged extra on my credit card . I called them, asked why I was being charged an additional 81.91. They told me it was due to damage to bathroom door, that there was a hole in it.. Well, there was no damage to the door when I left it, only hole that we saw was the door stop was missing. Hole where it was suppose to be. They told me that they would refund it back to my credit card, 2 months later, they still have not done so. I have since turned it over to my credit card company. We considered going back there to stay, but I am not into being charged for something that I did not do, and then be lied to about having funds refunded to me. .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean, check in was a breeze, lady at the front counter was very pleasant quite and convenient, no complaints. Great too since its dog friendly. Cant find a better place for a stay over. And the mexican restaurant across the street has amazing food.

• Stayed April 2013
Cobourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room had furniture that looked like it was from the 1950's.... all nicked......it was not so great. The breakfast was just so so........ we had a great time last Nov when we went South.... what happened.... maybe it was the room. not so sure I want to go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed one night at this Quality Inn and we found it to be very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful, room and halls were clean and kept up and the breakfast was more than adequate. We would stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stopped on Sunday, Southbound, because of the pool- Traveling with kids. Good, firm, beds. Pool and hot tub. Very good breakfast; scrambled and boiled eggs, gravy, link sausage with flavor, waffles, etc. We liked it well enough to stop again Wed night northbound. We had a king and a double room each time, adjacent.
It is an older motel, outside access; the lake is visible across the road, but not accessable; the shopping area is, unfortunately, both visible from the road and accessable.
Staff is very helpful, and pleasant.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are closer to the indoor pool; lake side rooms are away from Interstate and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Tifton? Share your experiences!