“Friendliest service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendliest service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I recently had an afternoon meeting in Tifton and decided to stay the night before continuing on to my next destination. I just wish I could have brought this hotel with me. The property itself is standard Fairfield Inn (no frills, but always clean and comfortable rooms along with a decent continental breakfast), however, the service set the place apart from the rest. From the moment I checked in, until the moment I checked out, everyone had a smile on their face. The lady who checked me in gave be a heartfelt "Welcome!" and thanked be for my loyalty. (I am a Marriott Rewards elite member.) I forgot to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, so come 9:00 AM the housekeeper came into the room while I was sleeping. She profusely apologized and left me a very kind note under the door. At breakfast, the attendant asked me if she could get me more juice or something else to eat. I say all of this to let you know that these people know how to treat you. Be it genuine southern hospitality or just good business practice, it is great to see this level of service at a budget hotel chain! I would certainly stay here again. Heck, I'd even go out of my way to stay here if I were in the general area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed in newer Fairfield Inn the day before so it seemed this Fairfield Inn is getting a little outdated and old and did not have squeeky clean look that I had seen the day before. But again, I was at the brand new Fairfield Inn so i must not be objective. Front desk person was so curteous and this hotel welcomed us with cookies. no one told us, but it must be manager's reception was going on in the breakfast area. I saw some drinks and finger foods. My 10 months old baby slept good in the Graco portable crib. They gave us fitting sheet and blanket for the crib. this is the first time we have received actual crib sheet and blanket with portable crib even if I have not asked for it. The brand name for the shampoo and conditioner in the Fairfield is Pantene so I was happy to have good product that works for my hair. The pool was outdoor, but it was very clean. I saw the pool is cleaned in the morning too. There are no indoor pool, but you can have access to Courtyard next door for it. Overall, I enjoyed this stay.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We were on our back from Florida and there was a wreck on the interstate.
Stayed at the Fairfield spur of the moment. Very nice room.
Price was $133.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

This was our second stay at this Fairfield and second time we have written a review on this hotel. We stayed 10/19/07. The hotel was just as clean and nice as our first visit. We learned from previous experience and reserved a queen queen room. This was a good move as room was larger.

Only complaint is the room smelled like cigarettes. In defense of the hotel, the builing is 100% smoke free. The hotel can't keep an eye on every guest. It was strong and febreeze did not help. The breakfast had several selections including boiled eggs and meat biscuits. We had not noticed that before.

One tip. We booked the room two weeks in advance for $99 and signed up for Marriott e-alerts. Every week we receive an e-mail with the specials. A few days before we left, the rooms at this Fairfield were advertised at $79. We called reservations and they gave us the $79 rate without arguement. Sign up for the alerts!

Next time we spend the night in Tifton, we will certainly stay here.

• Liked — Cleanliness and convenience.
  • Disliked — Room smelled like cigarettes.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2007

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Tifton for two nights while in town for a conference. The hotel was clean, the staff courteous and the location quite convenient to local attractions, restaurants, etc. Elements of the room are a bit outdated, but it was, as I said, very clean and that speaks volumes for me! If in the Tifton area again, this would be my first choice for an overnight stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness and location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

My two year old son and I stayed here for one night while we were driving home to Florida. We stayed in a king room, which was very small, but it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

My wife and I along with friends have stayed in this hotel numerous times over the past several years. We have no complaints. This is a great place to stay. The parking lot is even well lighted. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — cleanliness and ammenities
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton? Share your experiences!