“Room was excellent, service was excellent, definitely would recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Tifton

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Tifton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Tifton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   579 Old Omega Road, I-75 at Old Omega Road, Exit #61, Tifton, GA 31794   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Tifton
cape coral, fl
“Room was excellent, service was excellent, definitely would recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

After the terrible motel we stayed in last night, we didn't know what to expect when stopping at this one. We were pleasantly surprised to find very clean rooms and Cindy at the front desk was very welcoming and friendly! Not to mention, they didn't even charge for our dog or our son to stay. I definitely recommend this motel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Based on the Trip Advisor reviews, I had high hopes going into this property. I was disappointed. Rooms were only "surface cleaned" and a lot of grunge still was left in the corners of the floor and in the grout. The carpeteing throughout the hotel was full of stains and dirty. For the price -it was OK, but there are a LOT of hotels in this part of Georgia that offer rooms in the $29.00-$49.00 range, and I am sure that there are rooms out there that will exceed this one for the price. Staff was friendly, I will give them that. Hotel was loud, too, lots of kids running the halls as late as 11:00pm and again before 8:00am - granted, that is bad parenting, but it made for a restless night after driving all day.

Do book on-line, though, if you stay here (or at any Motel 6). They always have better rates if you book through the Internet. I saved $6.00 by cancelling my called-in reservation and making in on-line a month later.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

We travel with a cat so our choices for lodging are limited. With Motel 6 it is always hit or miss. This Motel 6 is a nice surprise. The room was a bit small but had everything necessary. It was clean and comfortable. What more do you need? Don't you really prefer your own toiletries to what any hotel provides anyway? Save some money by staying here and you can go out to dinner.
The hotel is on the outskirts of town, but just down the road you can find almost every restaurant you would want.
We will return next year when traveling between north and south.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Graham, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stopped here for 1 night, on the way to Florida. Pulled into the parking lot and booked it on laptop, using their internet, to get better rate than walk in. Staff were very friendly, room was very clean, bed was comfortable. Looks like the room was decorated fairly recently. Good deal at $43.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
River Rouge, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

Nice hotel with interior corridors. Gas station with 24 Hr restaurant right off the property. Easy access off freeway.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2007

Unit was old and worn. It was generally clean but patched to the bathroom floor looked dirty until examined closely. The staff was were friendly and helpful. The carpet was clean but stained. The bedspread had several holes.

• Liked — Staff was very friendly and helpful
  • Disliked — Worn condition
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

On a long road trip, all I was looking for was a clean, comfortable room close to the highway where I could shower and sleep. This was the place to do it!! I don't even know what is in Tifton, but I was travelling from North Georgia Mountains to Orlando and needed a place to sleep between, for cheap. So, I looked at Motel 6 on the internet and booked the clickit rate which I believe is the internet only rate at $39.00 per night. I was pleasantly suprised when I got there.

The area appeared to be safe, with a Waffle King and convenience store accross the lot. It is off the Highway, so some may be bothered by truck noise, but not me, I slept all night! For some reason, they gave us a hadicapped accessible room which is just fine with me because it was on the bottom floor, behind the reception desk. The wheelchair accessible shower was large and worked very well. The bathroom was huge.

The room was spacious for a Motel 6 room. It was clean and did not smell like smoke. (It was a non-smoking room, but some of them can still smell like smoke.) The airconditioner and all the plumbing worked very well. The TV was average if not small, but I was there to sleep, not watch TV. Our beds and pillows were comfortable, the linen and towels clean and adequate. I noticed that the ice and soda machines were centrally located and functioning properly. The front desk clerk was polite and friendly, and check-in took all of 60 seconds. I would stay here again, I'm sure!

• Liked — It was convenient to I75, clean, cheap, fast check-in, and bookable on-line
  • Disliked — The lobby is the only place to get ice or soda
  • Tips/Secrets — Book on the Motel 6 site and get a clickit rate. Check reviews always on TripAdvisor!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Howard Johnson Tifton? Share your experiences!