“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Tifton

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Tifton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Tifton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   579 Old Omega Road, I-75 at Old Omega Road, Exit #61, Tifton, GA 31794   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Tifton
Saint Joseph, Tennessee
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed overnight and the room was quite a surprise. Yes it is an older hotel but the service was excellent ant that wonderful triangle tub was great! When you see skilled workers staying there then it has to be a decent place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Howard31794, Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate the compliments and we enjoyed having you. We are glad that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and we hope to see you again when your traveling through Tifton Ga.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Winter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been here 2 times, both rooms are very nice and clean. There is a restaurant next door, but the food is not good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you many more times in the future when your traveling through Tifton Ga. We are glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback very much.
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Needed a place to stay on our drive to Florida. This was perfect. Cost $50, was right off the interstate, clean, and free breakfast. No, it is not a fancy hotel, but it is a really nice place to stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Howard Johnson in Tifton Ga. We hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

All the spreads in Rm 202, 203 & 205 had nasty stains. The attendant told me to bring them downstairs and she would exchange for clean ones which I did. I asked for a plug for the tub as none of the tubs had plugs and you can see what she gave me. I did not take a bath as it did not look clean enough. The TV in Rm 202 did not work so we moved to Rm 205 with a working TV. Blanket was ripped and there was a hair (not mine which is blonde) on the bed. I had made the arrangements for my family and I was very embarrassed for my daughter and grandson. We were on our way to Disney for their birthdays. When I complained upon returning home, the manager said I should have left and asked for a refund -- problem was, I prepaid through priceline. Owner refused to give me a refund because I "enjoyed" the amenities of the room and breakfast bar -- well, won't be doing that again. No more Howard Johnsons and no more Priceline for me!! Photos are attached and speak for themselves.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Although this guest wasn't happy with their stay, we do have guest that compliments us very much on their stay. I sorry this guest had a bad experience with us. Our rooms are small but we don't have large rooms like the bigger brand Hotels do. Basic room with bed, bathroom and TV. We do wash the spreads and other linens in the room every time the rooms are rented, as far as the stains goes on the spreads, we spray them with stain remover but sometimes the stains won't come out. But that doesn't mean they are not clean.
Once again I do apologize this guest had a bad experience with us.
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My co-worker warned me but I told her that I had read that the hotel had been refurbished. Well, if where we stayed was refurbished, I'd hate to see it before. The price was good, but NOT worth it at all. Pay a little more because it will be worth it. My sister did not even want to use the toilet. The beds were not comfortable and although the rooms stated they were non-smoking, the halls wreaked with the smell of cigarettes. The entrance and hallways smelled old. It did not smell clean or vacuumed. The young lady that checked us in was pleasant, but I rated it average because of the rest of the experience there, which includes housekeeping. I have to admit the location is excellent, but if you have pets and smoke, maybe it wouldn't matter, but I don't have either and would not stay there again. Next time, if that was the only hotel available and super cheap, I'd rather sleep in my car and use the facilities at a rest stop.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Wow... I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and we do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guest. I can only offer my apologies at this time that we failed.
PADEN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. Both ladies were extremely friendly. Our room was nicer than I expected. The room was very clean. Large bathroom. Coffee pot in room. Nice flat screen TV. Overall great experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Thanks for letting others know your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Howard Johnson Tifton? Share your experiences!