“Great hotel. If i was in this area again i would stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Tifton

You added Howard Johnson Tifton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Tifton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   579 Old Omega Road, I-75 at Old Omega Road, Exit #61, Tifton, GA 31794   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tifton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sleepy Hollow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

After over 700 miles of driving, my husband and I were looking for an inexpensive but clean, comfortable place to stay. We booked this hotel from our Wyndham Rewards site and got a Queen, nonsmoking room for under $50. (,AARP)
The desk clerk, Charice, was very welcoming. Our room was on the second floor, next to the elevator, therefore it was oddly shaped, but clean, comfortable and quiet.
The room had a new, flat screen television with many channels; a coffeemaker, microwave, and refrigerator. There were plenty of outlets and good lighting.
The continental breakfast was pretty small..so we just got coffee and left.
Would not hesitate recommending this hotel if you are just looking for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We appreciate your kind words. So nice to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We hope to see you soon on your next trip through Tifton.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently made a reservation at Motel 6 in Tifton, GA. Then I got an email stating that it was sold and I should double check my reservation. I did that and found out that they changed the name by the owner and they couldn't even find my reservation. I would not recommend that you reserve here as people don't change names for no reason at all and the fact that they couldn't find my reservation means they have problems.

Room Tip: I smell trouble.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Was a little sceptical but very tired. Was very impressed nice tv great big shower, high ceilings. Bedding could use improvement as bottom sheet is not fitted. Some staing along floor board but I thought it exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

On the way back from our recent trip to Florida we stopped in Tifton to catch some shut-eye and break up our drive. The only good thing I have to say about this hotel is they front desk staff were pleasant and always had a smile.

Given we had paid just ten dollars more for our stay at a Super 8 on the drive down I was disappointed by my stay at this property. This Motel 6 has definitely seen some use and it shows. Bed was alright but not super comfy. Only one pillow per person provided and no shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom was a but of a surprise. The TV is an old tube-style and while we didn't test it out the claim of cable channels was displayed on a placard sitting on the bedside table.

THE bedside table. Only one side of the bed had a table with lights mounted high above the bed. I was able to turn off my "reading" lamp by stretching but I can see where others would find this inconvenient.

The room and bath were both relatively clean but that was marred by just how basic the room is.

I'm not sure I feel I got what I paid for with the rate being only ten dollars lower than my previous stay in Macon at a different chain. I do know I won't be stopping here again unless some major renovation is done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a nice motel, good place to stop. No breakfast so had to get it at the restaurant nearby. Also no tissues, but this is a cheaper motel. But the room was really nice and the tv channel selection was good

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Saint Petersburg, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stopped at the Motel 6 in Tifton both going to and coming from a quick trip to move furniture from a quickly sold house. We arrived after 11 on the way up due to a long story of delays. We were warmly greeted by the late working dog lover at the desk. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Good coffee in the AM. On our return trip we had a little more time and were able to relax. Again friendly staff, clean rooms, dog friendly. Great prices. There is good food available across the parking lot at the truck stop. We got breakfast sandwiches, on real bread, for $3 each. Better than fast food stops. JC

Room Tip: If you don't have pets you might ask to be in a room not next to one that does.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Tifton? Share your experiences!