“Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   196 South Virginia Avenue, I-75 Exit 62, Tifton, GA 31794   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tifton
GreenLeadersGold level
Roswell, Georgia
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had stayed at Microtel many times but had a very bad experience in Philadelphia but wrote it off as being Philadelphia :). I had stayed at this hotel in Tifton several times and had the owner telling me how difficult it was to try and cut costs. Interesting conversation as every business is having to do this. I did not give this much thought until my last visit. I checked in late at night and went to my room. I went to my room and went into the bathroom to wash up. I noticed the towels were dirty where someone had used them and left dirt on the towels. I thought maybe the maid had messed up and failed to change them out. I took them to the desk and the clerk gave me a fresh set. I went back to my room and pulled the bed down to discover the sheets had been slept on. I gathered my things and went to the desk and told the clerk the room was filthy and I want a full refund as I was leaving. He told me they did not do that once I had check in. I said fine I was leaving anyway since his hotel was unsanitary and I would call the health department in the morning. I was immediately given my refund and was on my way. Their reaction to my health department statement proved they were intentional about not cleaning the rooms. This is an unhealthy facility and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: There is no good room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

hello ive been at the mircotel suites for about an week in tifton,ga its been such an amazing experience the manager preeti is so very nice she goes out of her way to make u feel welcomed i would definitely recommend if ur in the tifton ga area to stay here or at least pay them a visit when thinking of your travel and stay plans the rooms are very clean not a noisey place either very quietly and safe place to sleep iwould definitely stay here again if i come back this way or vechicle breaks down this wouldbe my first choice thnks preeti for your welcoming me and your generosity:-}

Room Tip: suites are nice and comfortable with a great window view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SARASOTA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We looked up the cost of the Microtel in Tifton on the way there. It was $54. When we got there the desk clerk said $68. I informed him of what I found and he gave me the room for $49. Now, my feeling is that there are $49 rooms and there are $68 rooms. We got the $49 room and it was awful. Will never visit that place again. It smelled so bad

Room Tip: Go next door.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TiftonMicroteltifton, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review about our property. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. There are different rates that are associated with the different types of rooms such as the Suites, Two Queens and the Single Queen. We also run promotions where you may qualify for a discount for advanced reservations and this was the case when you called. We also try to choose the best option for you and since you asked for the least expensive room we assumed you would we satisfied with a Single queen room, which is very basic with basic amenities but very clean and is mostly used by travelers that only need a place to sleep and shower with out having to pay very high rates for extra amenities that they do not use and our courtesy call log does not show any problems reported during those calls. I apologize again for any inconvenience and we would be happy to serve you in the future.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton? Share your experiences!