“Excellent hotel, great breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tifton
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent hotel, great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here twice in the last year while driving to florida and will absolutely stay again in the future. Great prices, comfortable beds, wonderful free breakfast, free parking. Very clean and very comfortable, can't say enough good things about this place!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We only stayed here one night. The room was comfortable. However, after midnight, the people in the neighboring room were laughing and talking loudly, enough to wake us up. So, beware, the walls are a little thin. Sometimes we will turn on the thermostat fan to cover noise but there was not a fan option. The water pressure and drain in the shower were good. We liked the curved curtain rod and waterpik shower head but there was not a fan to clear the steam. The counter by the sink was big. There was a long mirror outside the bathroom.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I chose this property because it is pet friendly. We needed a convenient overnight stop on our way to & from Tennessee. We found it to be a great choice. Check in was quick and easy (we had made online reservations for both nights) The staff couldn't have been nicer. The young lady working the breakfast service went above and beyond in making sure guests had what they needed. The rooms & bathrooms were very clean. Located just off Interstate 75 with plenty of restaurant choices (fast food and table service) nearby.
The only negative thing was that due to the fact that the weather was warm for winter, we didn't need the a/c or the heat which meant that noise was easier to hear- from the hallway & neighboring rooms. Keeping the a/c fan running solves this.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed here because we were looking for a hotel that would allow us to keep our dog in the room. We did not know what to expect, but this place was immaculate! The hotel seems to have been built in the last five years, so the place is still spotless and there hasn't been time for the decor to becom outdated. The continental breakfast was nice as well.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I always look for hotels with inside corridors first when traveling as I believe them to be safer for me and my family. I didn't have a reservation and arrived with my daughter around 7pm and was greeted with a friendly smile and room for the night faster than I could pull out my credit card. The entire hotel facility is non-smoking and as a non-smoker the $200 smoking penalty didn't phase me nor apply! It is a pleasure to walk into a room and have no evidence of smoking as in some older hotels. The room was clean, fresh, and bright. The pillows were a little softer than I like but smelled fresh and clean. The room A/C is controlled by a wall thermostat but doesn't have a fan only option. The A/C starting and stopping in the room was loud so this may wake light sleepers. I recommend a box fan to cover the noise of the room unit.
Breakfast in the morning was the best I have ever had from a "free" hotel breakfast. Freshly made waffles by a staff person brought to my table while I drank my coffee! Hot sausage, scrambled eggs and potato hash in addition to the bagels, pastries, yogurt and cereal. Even hot oatmeal rounded off the selection. I enjoyed the coffee with flavored creamers and juice offerings that included apple and orange. A free USA Today paper to go with your breakfast for a relaxing start to your day! The hotel was close to a host of restaurants right off I-75 with no road noise coming into the room.

Room Tip: Set the room A/C cooler than normal as the sheets and bed spread combo are very warm. The second fl...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Southeast Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Usually, on our annual jaunt down to Florida from Michigan, we stay at the Hampton Inn in Tifton. However, the problems with this particular Hampton Inn are that it is two floors with outside entrances and no elevator. We are never there early enough to get a first floor room so we have to trudge up the stairs luggage in hand. In addition, this appears to be quite an old property, and although they keep the rooms up, the layout is dated, with a bathroom hardly big enough to fit one body in. So, this year we decided to try the Country inn and Suites in Tifton, We stopped at a rest stop in Georgia on I-75 and picked up a discount hotel booklet for the Country Inn with a Sunday night special of $59 (we stayed there the night of Dec 18, 2011). The place is nicely layed out. It is four stories with all inside entrances and an elevator. The rooms were very clean, and nicely appointed. Very comfortable beds. My wife's test for a faciltity is to check out the bathroom and see if there is mold or mildew around the bathtub. Happy to report it was spotless. There are places with bigger and more luxurious rooms but if you would want a clean comfortable place to stay, with the typical motel breakfast included, I would recommend this place. Also, you save $20-30 over the Tifton Hampton Inn. This was our first stay at a Country Inn and Suites and based on this experience we will be trying other Country Inn and Suites when we travel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Carlton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I just returned from visiting friends in Tifton, Georgia, where I stayed at Country Inn and Suites for one night. I just can't say enough good about this hotel. The rooms, as well as the hotel itself, are spotless. I'm very picky, but there is nothing wrong to report about it. Front desk was friendly, room was spacious (king with sitting area), and bathroom was shining clean and well-stocked. The sitting area had two comfortable chairs with an ottoman, and there was a 42" flat screen TV as well. I heard no noise from neighbors and felt completely safe. This was my first time at a Country Inn, but you can bet I'll be trying others as I travel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!