“Be Sure to Get a Verbal Room Quote” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Online & Save
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tifton
Madisonville, Tennessee
“Be Sure to Get a Verbal Room Quote”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stopped here at midnight on our way to Walt Disney World. There were three parties. The only rooms available were with one king bed, which was not a problem. We slept with our 8 year old between us in the king bed.

The first party checked in & was given the total for the room before handing over the credit card. I was standing just behind him, so I heard what he was paying. I got our room next & was not verbally told the total. I assumed, but shouldn't have, that since the rooms were all the same, I would be paying the same rate. I left to bring in the rest of my party & get to bed. The third party checked in behind me.

The next morning the check out slip was under the door. I told DH that I knew the first party didn't pay that much, and all three parties had the same type room. We were not going to pay for breakfast at the hotel & went to the Cracker Barrel nearby. DH mentioned what we paid for the room and asked if they paid a similar amount. No, they both paid the amount the first party was quoted.

DH called the hotel & they immediately fixed the problem. I don't understand why it was a problem to begin with. The same person checked all three of us in for the same type room.

We were just there for sleep & shower, but the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
mattptucker, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tifton, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Whitney37354,
I am sorry to hear that the check in process was not a pleasurable experience. I am not sure why the rates were not the same and during the check in for you and the two other parties. I hope this does not discourage you from stay with us again and I hope to see you again in your future travels!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lawrenceville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is my first time complaining about this matter. I'm a client that looks for two major things, good food, comfortable beds. The other would be amenities when I'm with my daughter. The indoor heated pool phenomenal. I had requested a bed for the room on the call and reservation, it was not installed yet. We orded dinner from the restaurant and it took a very, very long time for the person to come serve and take order. We waited a long time and asked the food be brought to the room. When the food arrived at the room it was not what was expected. Beef and onions becaume a beef pizza on cardboard. The roasted veggie salad I ordered looked like they put grass clippings with some slice of red pepper on cardboard. The fettucine my sister ordered was also yucky. It was so bad that my daughter refused to eat and my sister and I stopped eating. My daughter and I went to Sonic and got food. Perhaps the genre of the food is supposed to be new style or something but it was far from satisfactory. My sister complained about the bed. I had the trundle and found it suprisingly comfortable. Good Job there. My two biggest concerns about a hotel are the comfort and the food. You missed badly. I stay at Marriot and IHG brand hotels. They have very comfortable beds and real food. I'm not bashing you. I'm a person who travels on business and pleasure. I used Hilton Gardens in El Paso and Mexico in my past. They too had the hard bed problem. I hate complaining about stuff like this. This bugged me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

mattptucker, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tifton, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Joseph P,
It is extremely disappointing to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. The standard that was shown in the restaurant with the food and service is not the Hilton Garden Inn way. I will personally speak with the chefs and servers to inform them of your unfortunate experience. We are always looking for ways to improve our service to our guests. The servers and kitchen staff have specific HGI standards to follow and I will ensure that these are reviewed by them so this type of incident doesn’t happen again. I also apologize for the bedding arrangements, your roll away should have been placed in the room prior to your arrival. I will also address this issue with the houseman crew. Our HGI standards for bed are the garden sleep system and maintenance will be checking each one to make sure they are working properly. Again I apologize that you stay was less than expected. I hope you give us another chance and we hope to see you in the near future!!!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

When traveling back to Michigan we had to take my mom the the Emergency Room in Tifton. The hospital recommended the Hilton Garden Inn for the family to stay the night. When we arrived we were quickly greeted and assisted by staff. The hotel entrance is beautiful and had a restaurant and bar area as you entered. The hotel furnishings were updated and inviting. We did not get to use the indoor pool and hot tub, but saw families heading down to enjoy the facilities. The hotel and staff was a wonderful surprise for our tired family. We will stay here on our future trips to Florida.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased to hear we made a home away from home during your troubling times. Here at the Tifton Hilton Garden Inn we take pride in making sure we make every guest feel welcome. I am glad all of our amenities were helpful to you and your family. We look forward to seeing you during you future travels.
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

After a very long day, driving over 900 miles, dealing with a foot of snow and black ice in Michigan and Ohio, it was a great comfort to arrive at the Hilton Garden Inn. Starting with a confirmation phone call two days prior to my visit asking if there were any special needs or desires to enjoy a very nice nights sleep on my sleep number bed it was a very welcome stay. I will look forward to my next visit and would not consider staying anywhere else in this vicinity.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear fmbOntario,
I am so glad to hear that we made your stay comfortable after a 900 mile drive thru bad weather. It is always nice to hear guest enjoy the little things we do just to make the stay that much better. I am glad our hotel has become your only stop when you are in the area. Again thanks for the awesome review and can’t wait to see you in the future.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Wonderful experience at this hotel. Received a free breakfast coupon because it was our anniversary. Also the bartender made a special drink for me because I was craving a "chocolate minty" after dinner drink. Great service from all the staff, especially Karla who has checked us in before; she made me feel special. Enjoyed hot tub and better than average size indoor pool. First pool with water warm enough for me to swim in (I admit I'm a pansy when it comes to cool pool water). Junior suite was spacious and reasonably priced. Rooms and bathroom clean. Loved the special and clean duvet covered bedding that is typical of all Hilton Garden Inns. Free internet access was appreciated. Only one criticism: Why would a hotel of the Hilton chain use cardboard cups instead of glass glasses.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Heyjudestrips,
Thank you so much again for your kind words. We love to make special days for our guests even more memorable even by the smallest details. We hope to see you real soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

After traveling most of the day we decided to stop for the night in Tifton, GA. This was our first time staying in a Hilton Garden Inn. As we entered the lobby, the greeting was warm and friendly. The lobby was nicely decorated with a warm fire in the fireplace, delicious cookies, hot coffee/tea and very friendly staff. Check in was fast and easy. Front desk staff was great. The room was awesome. Very comfortable bed, nice size room and very clean bathroom. Room had microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot. The on property restaurant and bar were very handy. After traveling in a car for hours the last thing you want to do is get back in the car before it’s time. We had dinner and breakfast at their restaurant. Dinner food was great – not fantastic but great (4 out of 5 stars) I would eat there again. (Oh, we noticed several locals eating at the restaurant. Considering their location with plenty of other restaurant, seeing locals eating there says a lot about the food and staff). Our wait staff was excellent, very friendly young lady. Breakfast was fantastic! Hot cooked to order breakfast at a reasonable price. Breakfast wait staff was very friendly and pleasant. The bar service was a nice touch. We stayed New Year’s Eve so we wanted a drink to celebrate. We were able to get a drink, sit by the fire, watch some football. Then when the game was over we took our drinks to the room. Can’t get any better than that! Oh and the indoor Swimming pool and hot tub was a plus. Very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
mattptucker, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tifton, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
WorldTraveler1618,
I am glad to hear that your first stay in a Hilton Garden Inn was enjoyable and was with us here in Tifton. We always love to hear great feedback from our valued customers. Please consider us again during your future travels thru Tifton.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Perfect stop! Nearby restaurants, clean, swimming pool, hot tub, bar! All you can ask for about $100 a night! Great breakfast set up. Friendly staff. Comfy beds, nice pillows. Only complaint was our room did not get very cold. Will stay again! Great deal!

Stayed December 2013
Dear Elizabeth,
We are glad to hear that our property and its location fit your traveling needs so well. We pride ourselves on having a great and friendly staff to make your stay more enjoyable and like home. Thank you so much for you kind words and remember us again in all you travels pass us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tifton? Share your experiences!