“Fun place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Buffalo, New York
“Fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

A little " Off the "beaten path" but easy to find. Seafood Alfredo was full of shrimp, scallops and mushrooms and was delicious. Service was friendly and excellent. Inside or outside tables available. Desserts looked wonderful but we were too full.

Visited April 2013

“Great food! Great music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had been to Tubbys before but never reviewed it. Delicious shrimp. Will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“Honey dip was so good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to go here after spending about an hour at Bonadventure. It was easy to find and had a beach laidback feel. There was a live band on the deck that looks out over the river through a coupe of buildings, but you can sit in rocking chairs and relax. Food was good, not great. Like I mentioned, if you like a sweet dip ask for some honey dip with your fried item. We had it with the fried potatoes they fix, but I am sure they would be so good with chicken fingers.

Visited March 2013
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Hospitality Plus in an informal setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great stop if you're transiting the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway or jump off I-95 at Savannah and make the effort to get to Thunderbolt. THE FRESHEST catch of the day listed by vessel and captain on the chalk board. You'll probably be greeted by the owner, himself, on arrival who will undoubtedly offer you the hospitality of the house. That tell you anything? Friendliest wait staff in the State of Georgia, bar none. Great food, reasonable prices, dine inside or out. The free buffet on Super Bowl Sunday was the most elaborate we've ever seen. Kudos to the providers. It's just a big hop, skip, and a jump from Hilton Head Island, so if you're there, get in the car and drive down US17 to Savannah. Between you and me, I think it's better than anything at HHI, anyway. It's not white tablecloth....it's better!

Visited February 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Not sure how this place got rated so high”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here on St. Patty's weekend because everywhere else was ridiculously crowded and they did not seem too crowded with over half of the parking lot empty. Once navigating through the drunkards hovering around the entrance there was no hostess to be found. I flagged down a server and asked where to sit, she replied that we could sit anywhere, so we decided to go upstairs on the deck. Once up there we waited 10 minutes and no one had come over to greet us, one sever came and went to a table next to mine and didn't bother to come over and say anything to us until she had attended to the other table several times. Once she came over to our table I thought that this meant that we would finally be getting some service, but I was wrong. She informed us that we had to be put on a waiting list in order to sit on the deck, even though I was told downstairs that we could sit anywhere that we wanted. There were also 3 empty tables open on the deck and it didn't seem like anyone was waiting on them. So after this we went back downstairs and found a hostess, who was not there before, and she informed us that there would be a wait because we had a party of 4. Not sure why there was a wait because I counted at least 8 tables that were open and there was nobody waiting on them. After this we decided to return to the bar area and I found the same sever and asked where we could sit once again and she said that she meant to say the "bar area" and not the whole restaurant, that would of been helpful the 30 minutes we spent trying to sit down. So we found a table on the opposite side of the bar and sat down, there was only one other table sitting in this section also. Several severs came and went to the table next to ours until finally I got up and asked them how they got service. The guests at that table then informed the sever that we were sitting behind them and needed to be served, so after 45 minutes drink orders had finally been taken. After which we were informed that the usual menu would not be severed and that there was a limited menu and a buffet that was available. The only reason I did not leave at this point was because I had not eaten all day and there were basically other restaurant options. I then ordered the bacon cheeseburger and the rest of the table ordered the buffet. The buffet advertised that it had oysters and shrimp but there was neither of those, nothing like paying $23 for a buffet that doesn't even have what is advertised! When the burger came, it was dry and they bun was so toasted that it was hard. The buffet required that extra plates be brought to the table, but they were only brought after we requested them and had to flag down the sever, same with the drink refills. This place was a horrible experience.I have worked in several restaurants in my time and I know how things can go wrong and I am understanding, but the service at this place was completely unacceptable. Especially with half the restaurant empty, there is no reason this poor service. Next year will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013