“Decent stay during Masters” 3 of 5 stars

Scottish Inn Thomson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1847 Washington Road, Hwy 78 & I-20, Thomson, GA 30824   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Jersey
“Decent stay during Masters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

I had the opportunity to go to the Masters tournament for a few of the practice rounds. Originally I was going to stay in Atlanta and drive each morning........I am so glad that I didn't. The ride from Atlanta was approximately 2hrs while the drive from Thomson is only 30 mins. While I did my research to stay in Augusta the prices were really high for the quality of the hotel. While the Scottish Inns are not the Marriott, they were very nice and helpful. They provided free breakfast starting early in the morning (coffee, bagels, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc.). The staff was very friendly which comes in handy at 6 am to have a smiling face to greet you.

We were not looking for anything fancy and if you are the same this hotel will do just fine. I am hoping to be lucky enough to attend the Masters again next year and I will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

This place is a dump.

Maybe OK if you're with a bunch of guys who don't give a darn, but otherwise stay away. I don't mind modest accomodations, but I at least want them clean.

The non-smoking room reeked of smoke.
Taco sauce stains on the walls.
Bloody fingerprints in the bathrooom.
Graffiti on the mirror.
A box spring that had sprung.

We went to Wallmart and picked up Fabreeze and a Glade plug-in so that we could stomach the place---that and we made sure we came back very late.

• Stayed April 2006
cpatel1111, Manager at Scottish Inn Thomson, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Its under new management, and we took over the property in April 2007, we have been making changes, why don't you give us a try again

Travelers are raving about these Thomson hotels

Been to Scottish Inn Thomson? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Scottish Inn Thomson

Address: 1847 Washington Road, Hwy 78 & I-20, Thomson, GA 30824
Location: United States > Georgia > Thomson
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Hotel Class:2 star — Scottish Inn Thomson 2*
56 rooms, inside corridor, provide a safe environment for our guest. Restaurant nearby within walking distance. Local and long distance phone calls free. WIFI free in the rooms. Free ice. Parking free. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Scottish Inn Thomson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Scottish Inn Thomson, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.