“Great staff, great owners, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Thomson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
“Great staff, great owners, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

The staff in the resturant have always been extremely hospitable. The owners are very honest individuals with an eye for what people want. Since the first time I've been in the resturant everyone has known my name and genuinely cared about me as an individual. This is my favorite food joint ever and I have been all around the world. The price is a kicker though and you may be surprised by how extremely cheap it is.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“I can't get enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

This joint feels like home as soon as you walk in the door! The menu is full of choices, and everything I've ever had has exceeded my expectations! The prices are very reasonable, and every one there is very friendly. I HIGHLY recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paducah, Kentucky
“Discriminatory Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was not satisfied because if a caucasian couple comes in they are treated much better and you will be ignored. My food was cold and was undercooked.

Visited December 2011
Texas City, Texas
“Chef Gordon Ramsey Where Are You?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My family and I recently visited Hogie Joe's while passing through Thompson Georgia, and was shocked at our experience. First off the food took forever to come to the table. It comes back to the kitchen! We ordered an appetizer of the zucchini sticks which were fairly priced. As we continued to wait on our steaks, my husband made a trip to the restroom. On his way to the restroom he expressed concern of a man asleep in the first booth closest to the restroom with a beer next to him. After coming to the table, he explained to us what he saw and another table near informed us that it was only the owner. I'm not quite sure what kind of establishment you are trying to run, but it is giving off the impression that it is nearly a bar. The staff is very friendly which made the only part of the experience worthwhile. The food is overpriced, and the beer is not nearly cold enough. That is our final trip to Hogie Joe's!

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Georgia
“----->>>>EAT AT JOE's<<<<------”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place is a jewel in Thomson, GA. The casual atmospere is wonderfully 'Hometown Georgia', from UGA and Master's Golf memorbilia to the local football team, it is a comfortable place to eat and stay awhile. Eclectic menu! WoW! Great fresh food in large portions. Salads, soups, burgers, prime rib, quesadillas and so much more! Wash it down with a Athens, Ga Terrapin Beer and oohhh so good! If you go during the Fall/Autumn, be sure to check out the beautifully decorated Fall Scarecrows on Main Street.

• Visited October 2011