“Dirty but quiet...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Thomasville
Merritt Island, FL
“Dirty but quiet...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Upon arriving, the first thing I noticed was a peculiar odor in the lobby. It's the smell of decay that old, unkempt buildings get over the years. Although the staff at this motel are nice, the building itself has seen better days.

The room was very dirty. Lots of rust in the bathroom, dust inside the vents, a bad odor from the mini-fridge and coffee stains in and on the coffee machine. The furniture has a certain institutional quality one usually associates with garage sales, complete with missing handles on the dresser and dark, tattered carpet. A telephone wire ran out our room, through the door, and into the connecting room. One look at the bed and I was happy I brought along a can of Lysol. I wish I had a Tyvek bunny suit.

Other than the cheap AAA rate, there is nothing to recommend about this motel.

In short, this place looks like the kind of place that rents rooms by the hour, if you catch my drift.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelinthomasvillega, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I Travel a lot and I have had the opportunity to stay in Thomasville Georgia at The Quality Inn. locate on US 19 And I tell you it was worth it. They are great, Traveling all morning when I walk in the people at the front desk always and I mean always have a big smile and they make you feel so welcome. I stay often and we have become friends they know me by name the rooms are well kept the facility is well kept neat and clean i will and would recommend this place to everyone travel through Thomasville Georgia if you feel tired stop by The Quality Inn and get a good night rest . Quality is worth it is not expensive. the atmosphere is great give it a try.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sandy Springs, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed in a HUGE suite that is basically two adjoining rooms, with one room being a normal hotel room and the other turned into a large living room. Worked great with my 3 year old. I did find a few dead roaches.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the suite assigned to you worked well with your three year old.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of dead roaches and instructed to look into the matter and attend to any necessary extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center. We look forward to welcoming you back.

West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have been to may hotels but this hotel by far is the worst hotel I have stayed in ever! We arrived to the hotel very late after driving for more that 6 hours. First I will start with this example that made it sooo TERRIBLE; we had to look at 3 different rooms in the hotel to make sure it was a little decent but the SMELL in ALL 3 rooms made us want to turn back around & go back where we came from.. (2) The small fridge look as if it was brought in the 80's that hasn't been cleaned since then. (3) The Smell that I mentioned earlier, we believe was actually coming from the carpet that needed to be taken up. (4) The iron was attached to the ironing board which made it diffcult to operate. (5) We really didn't feel comfortable in the bed it was hard to sleep in but before we could sleep we ironed the bed, sheets & pillows down for fear of bed bugs. The only thing that made the stay ok was the bathrooms were clean! Other than that the stay was TERRIBLE and I will never tell anyone to stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Thomasville hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The rooms were clean, the food was good, the staff were excellent

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Harrison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

A great place to overnight in Thomasville GA. When the extremely nice desk clerk said "We have ham & grits for breakfast", I was hooked. A nicely appointed franchise motel with extra good staff. Thanks to the kind lady, we didn't miss the BIG oak tree downtown.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

This was by far the worst Event planning hotel experience I have ever had. I have planned over 200 events across the country and have never had such a bad experiene. The cleanliness of the hotel was terrible and the service weas the worst I have ever seen. If you are looking ot hold a meeting inthe Thomasville area DO NOT use this hotel. I had nothing but problems in all areas.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center for your recent event in our area.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management was approached about your report that you had experienced nothing but problems in all areas. We discussed what could be done to best eliminate these problems and be more helpful to you and others in the future.

I hope that the next time you have an event in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center? Share your experiences!