“Southern Charm at the Paxton House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1884 Paxton House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thomasville
1884 Paxton House Inn
You added 1884 Paxton House Inn to your Saves list
445 Remington Avenue, Thomasville, GA 31792   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Thomasville B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Southern Charm at the Paxton House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I have made regular visits to Thomasville, our hometown, to visit our aging parents for many years. One of the highlights of our trips is staying at the lovely Paxton House Inn. The accommodations are beautiful and always shiny and clean. We feel like we're at home in this beautiful inn. Susie has become like family to us and always makes every effort to meet our every need. The morning breakfasts are healthy and delicious, always including the freshest seasonal fruits. The landscaping is breathtaking and well groomed. Visiting the Paxton House is like stepping back in time to the days when luxury and charm were part of the daily southern lifestyle. We highly recommend the Paxton House for a relaxing, southern vacation in a quaint little town.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed at the Paxton House with another couple on a weekend visit to Thomasville. We stayed upstairs in the Garden Cottage and were totally pleased with out accomodatiions, even though, as Susie pointed out, "they were the cheapest ones..."

Susie is great - will make sure everything is perfect. And, she'll make you smile a lot. Big hint: Read your confirmation before you arrive - we parked in the wrong place and tried to enter through the wrong door!

Hot, home cooked breakfast was different every morning, and always really good. Susie has a great staff helping her out.

You can't go wrong here - I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Thomasville.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Niceville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have traveled all around the world, and will always look at our first Paxton House visit as an experience we will never forget---in fact, we are already planning a return trip! The house and its decor are reminiscent of a time gone by. We enjoyed the equisite details of many of the antiques and fixtures, as well as the architecture of the house itself. Miss Susie, though, made the experience even more authentic, as her personality resonated through the whole property. A stay at the Paxton House is an experience you truly don't want to miss!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This Bed & Breakfast is still the most beautiful, well maintained and friendly accomodation we have ever found. Since the first time we met Susie Sherrod she has been like a favorite relative. I have stayed at her B & B many times with friends as well as my husband. She has great accomodations for a weekend shopping trip with the ladies or for a romantic weekend with your husband. No other Bed abd Breakfast has the personality and warmth of The 1884 Paxton House Inn. Dee Brown

Room Tip: The Carriage House or Grand Suite is a favorite with my husband. The Peach Suite is ideal for a girl...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at B&B's all over the south and this is by far THE BEST! Not only is it clean and beautiful, it's comfortable and you feel like you're at home. Miss Susie has not missed one detail in making her guests feel welcomed. The house is gorgeous and you feel like you're stepping back in time. You can relax on the porches and enjoy the perfectly manicured grounds. Don't hesitate for a minute to stay here... you would miss a gem.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I was traveling for business and arrived around 8pm. Although I was exhausted from driving 4 plus hours, I drove up to the Paxton house and smiled. The grounds are well maintained with ample space to sit on porches in the front and back. Inside, the house is impressively decorated with antiques and decorative plates.

I brought my 79 year old mother with me, so the Peach Suite was perfect (only drawback was the tub/shower that she could not get in, and the stairs were narrow and steap, but she could climb them). However, the Paxton House has other rooms which include stall showers. They also have a Garden/Carriage Houses, which I understand have accommodations for older/disabled travelers. I preferred being in the main house.

The French toast breakfast with fruit was sumptuous. We enjoyed talking to the two women, who run the B & B about travel and the history of the mansion.

Because I had to be at the courthouse at 10am, I forgot to ask about checkout, which is at 11am. I know it was an inconvience, but they let us stay until after 1pm, because of my circumstances and this was greatly appreciated.

If I return to Thomasville, I want to visit the Plantation house nearby for a tour.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

This is real deal in southern hospitality. Susie and Wanda are true gems and made us feel like family at hello. The accommodations were wonderful and the home is beautiful.
Breakfast in the morning was the best - don't miss this great addition.
Step back in time and go downtown were we found more friendly people, great antiques, food, jewlrey and gift stores. Wonderful history in this area.
Only one thing wrong Susie & Wanda now have me hooked on the fried green tomatoes at "Richards" (another great place) and I live 6 hours away. I can't wait to come back to visit.
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to 1884 Paxton House Inn? Share your experiences!