“Friendly and nice.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Thomasville
Springfield, Illinois
“Friendly and nice.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Driving back up North after a week in Florida, my wife and I decided to visit friends in the area. I am glad we stayed here. The front desk girl could not have been nicer, The hotel had a odd smell which we attributed to new carpet, perhaps. It looked recently remodeled(?). Not a bad smell, just some faint hint. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a bit better than your normal "buffet".....better selection anyway. We did not spend much time there as we left early to head home...gas station next door. I would stay again....saw some of their competitors on the way outta town....even though this was not the cheapest, glad we chose it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My son lives in Thomasville with his wife and my granddaughter. I have stayed at many places in Thomasville from B&B's to other hotels in the area. What I have found, is for the price this hotel offers clean rooms, flat screen TV, free breakfast and all the staff very friendly. With Thomasville being a small town there location is good. They have a LongHorn steak house almost within walking distance. So hats off to the owner of this Holiday Inn for employing great people and keeping the hotel clean.

Room Tip: The king suite is a good room to choose. Sofa, and frig included.
Goose Creek, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We (myself, my mom and my brother) came to Thomasville for a funeral. The location is decent. Outside is clean and well kept. The lady at check in was very nice. Our room was mostly clean- sheets/bed seemed clean. The bathroom was ok- some hair in the shower and old pink-type mildew in/around the shower. The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way and there was no type of vent or fan in the bathroom. Lots of noise through the walls- people opening and closing doors, running down the halls. Didn't have the option to have a do not disturb sign on our door. The free breakfast was decent- clean area, hot food and the lady attending the area was very nice & helpful. I would probably try the Best Western across the street just to see if it was any better.

Room Tip: rooms at either end of hallways are further away from elevator and pool and therefore maybe a little...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear FishandHike,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is nice to know that you found our rooms to be well kept and comfortable. However, please accept my apologies if the noise levels were a disappointment and if the maintenance in the bathroom facility were sub par. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, we appreciate your review and our apologies for the shortcomings experienced.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
ATLANTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Since I've never stayed at this hotel, I wanted to check the room prior to making a decision. I asked at the front desk if it would be possible see a room and was provided a key. When I came back to the front desk, I had several questions about the hotel which Francis patiently answered. I was a little surprised to learn the "rack rate" was over a hundred dollars a night. Fortunately, with my government ID the rate was reduced. When she discovered I was a Platinum Club Member she offered to upgrade my room. Francis did a wonderful job of making me feel like a special guest. Her friendly, pleasant, and attentive attitude convinced me I was making the right decision to stay at this hotel.

The hotel was very attractive. The room was clean and well decorated. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast in the morning had a good variety. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel especially if Francis is taking care of you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were originally booked at the Comfort Inn (Never, Never Stay There!!!). It was Parent's Weekend at FSU and we were going to see our daughter. We arrived at the Comfort Inn and it was absolutely disgusting so at 10:00 PM we started calling around for another room. Frances at HI Express was WONDERFUL. We got the last room there and she gave us a great price on it. She saved our weekend as I was ready to head home if we couldn't find a room. The staff there is friendly and attentive to guest's needs. The hotel appears to be recently renovated and was very clean. The only complaint I would have is that our iron didn't work properly and they didn't have another (hotel was fully booked so I suppose that is the reason). I would definitely stay here again! The staff definitely delivers superior customer service!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This was my third visit to the hotel. I stayed in a mini-suite on the third floor. The AC in the hall was not working and my room was very warm. The room eventually cooled off at around 10:00 with the temp set at 60 degrees. I told the girl at the front dest who replied that the maintenance man had gone home for the day and wouldn't be back until morning. My first 2 stays here were fine. I will probably stay elsewhere on my next trip based on the lack of consideration for my basic comfort.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kavita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
First of all, I would want to apologize for inconvenience you have faced here. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the AC maintenance issues faced in the room and hallway. I have taken the necessary steps to fix the problem fixed that you faced. I encourage you to give us one more chance and if you decide to do so please personally let me know so I can make sure you stay and room meets your travel needs.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you the improvements made.

Kavita Patel
The South
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I was with a traveling companion who paid for the room, but I stayed here. The bedside lights were out, the bathroom fan would not stop running, and the air conditioning didn't keep the room pleasant. The breakfast was pretty good. Hotel keeper, keep an eye out for needed repairs before guests check in! By the way, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Thomasville a few years ago and it was wonderful. I have stayed in orher Hampton Inns and have never had a problem there.

• Stayed July 2013
Kavita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
First of all, I would want to apologize for inconvenience you have faced here. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the service received not being at par with your expectations and with the maintenance issues in the room. I encourage you to give us one more chance and if you decide to do so please personally let me know so I can make sure you stay and room meets your travel needs.

Kavita Patel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville? Share your experiences!