“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flat Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swainsboro
You added Flat Creek Lodge to your Saves list
367 Bishop Chapel Church Road, Swainsboro, GA 30401   |
atlanta
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved our visit over the July 4 weekend. This place is a great value. Resort style room in the style of a cabin; beautiful views. Well worth the money.We did not hunt or fish; but enjoyed the swimming pond and spa. Yes, the service is quirky, but the staff is friendly and eager to please-- a shout out to Coral for her great service. Yes, the food is hit and miss, but the complimentary breakfast was delicious: omelets and fresh fruit in the dining room; and coffee outside your room in the morning. wifi can be spotty in places, but it is available in the game room, along with Direct TV and a pool table. Cell phone service is spotty everywhere. Reserve a golf cart when you book, and enjoy a quiet, relaxed vacation. I would love to go back; and recommend Flat Creek Lodge to anyone looking for a laid back getaway or planning a corporate retreat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge and not in the cottages so cannot comment on those accommodations.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CathyFCL, General Manager at Flat Creek Lodge, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hey there! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Lodge! We're glad that you enjoyed your Independence Day weekend with us. We look forward to seeing y'all again soon!

Flat Creek Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

So much more to see than the web shares. We stayed the weekend and loved it. True no tv in the lodge room, but their is a game room with TV's at every corner. The lodge room isn't a 5 but everything else is a 5! We woke up to coffee setting out on a table on the porch over looking the lake, all we had to do is sit and rock sipping coffee. The staff was accommodating more than the Ritz. Outstanding chef, everything was prefect. I even had lobster one evening. This is a great value, if your a man that likes hunting and fishing this is geared more for you, but there is message, pedicures, sauna, hot tub for the ladies, just let them make arrangements before you arrive. Thanks to all the staff-- we enjoyed your company and service. The Austin's

Room Tip: Rustic rooms, standard beds no kings in lodge rooms on the small side. Opt for cottages for more r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CathyFCL, General Manager at Flat Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi Fyellis!

Thanks so much for your kind review. The lodge is somewhere to truly get away from it all, and we're glad that you had a wonderful stay with us! We appreciate your comments about the staff - our goal is to provide five star service!

We hope to see you again soon!

Best,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

No wi-fi or phone service??? I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I had a good time. It was great to put down the electronics and enjoy my family. We stayed at the cottages. We went fishing and drove the golf carts to the lake and saw the cows. If you are looking to really get away...this is a nice place to stay with a great staff. Thanks Kaylee, Kaylee from the spa, Heather and my main man Curt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi there! I'm so glad that you were able to really 'unplug' during your time at Flat Creek! We love being able to provide our guests with an experience that is relaxing and memorable. I will give your kudos to the staff and we hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Dublin, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Made reservation, but arrived and found that the main dining area had been reserved for a party. They seated us in a separate building, requiring our server to bring our food from one building to the other outside. By the time the last 2 in our party of 6 had been served the first 2 had finished eating. The crab legs were over cooked and dry($40 per person!) and the scallops were too salty. When we received our check, there was a $39 over charge. Our server, though very nice and attentive, was new and left my management to sink or swim in taking care of us. I have no complaint about her whatsoever. I do fault management for being so ill prepared for the large party in the main dining area that they couldn't take care of the rest of their guests. I hope they made a good profit on the party because they won't get my business again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your time at the Lodge. We recently opened up additional dining hours and are fortunate to have had a wonderful response, but it also has left us understaffed. We aim to be able to accommodate all our guests and are in the process of getting more staff on board.

I appreciate your compliments to your server, and I will pass that along.

Again, we apologize that your experience here did not meet your expectations, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Best,
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

5 Star + Lodge, meals and staff in a country setting. The Managers (Jeff & Cathy) make you feel like a member of the family immediately upon arrival. Leave your worries behind as this is a great place to recharge your batteries...Best night's rest I have had in years with the birds chirping and the lodge room accomodations were perfect....Meals at the restaurant were exceptional...Resort type acitivites availab,e without feeling the need to be formal... Skeet, trap, fishing, hunting (in season), walking around the property, billiards, spa and game room.....No shortage of acitivites or just sit on the porch and enjoy nature....Don't miss their Award Winning Cheeses produced at the onsite dairy... Perfect place for team building, corporate outings, family reunions, weddings or just some time away with our without the family..... Unbelievable !!!

Room Tip: Lodge rooms are sufficient for a couple, families might choose their Lake Cottages for more room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CathyFCL, General Manager at Flat Creek Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi! Thanks so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to explore during your visit. We love connecting with our guests, and we are so glad that you've discovered us. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

A long way out of the way for OK accommodations and below average food-on New Year's Eve! Chef said they ran out of pancakes at breakfast. The property is pretty, Kathy the manager was very helpful. Jeff was very good. The menu said Wagyu Kobe beef for New Year's Dinner. Tasted like every other prime rib I've ever had and it the butternut squash and asparagus were cold cold.

• Stayed December 2012
CathyFCL, General Manager at Flat Creek Lodge, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Randy & Sandy,
Thank you for celebrating New Year's Eve with us down here at the Lodge. I am sorry that the food in the dining room did not meet your expectations. I'm delighted to hear that you found the property pretty and appreciate your accolades about the staff. We hope your year is starting off well and thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Lodge.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We discovered this romantic rustic get-away through Groupon. This is place is not for everyone, if you require cell phone service, Wi-Fi, or a TV constantly in your face this place might not be for you.
However, if you are looking for a relaxed place to “unplug” from the world this is it! If you are looking for a place to unwind rejuvenate and chillax, this is it!
****The service at this place was out of this world! ****Currie, Chef Joey, John, Lois and Steve made our visit truly delightful! Jamie our server was wonderful. She was very personable and made our stay very accommodating and special to us! Thank you guys!!
We arrived late afternoon on a Friday in August and were very pleased to find that our room was very clean and the A/C had been switched on ahead of time so the room was nice and cool. The rooms in the lodge are very cozy and we loved the layout. Steve helped us with our luggage and we settled into our room.
Friday evening we had dinner in the dining room and the food was fantastic. I have special dietary needs and the Chef not only accommodated my request but far surpassed my expectations. Unbeknownst to me, Flat Creek grows oyster mushrooms on the property….these little guys changed my life! The culinary experience was outta sight! As we returned to our room with a full tummy and a smile, we slipped into a cozy bed and peacefully fell into a deep slumber.
Saturday morning we arose to find coffee waiting for us on our back porch. Venturing back over to the dining hall for breakfast I discovered the best grits I have ever had in my LIFE. I am a southern girl so I have had many a grit in my life and none of them prepared me for these. WOW! Paige my dear, you killed it! (in a good way of course!) Keep up the good work guys. We are looking forward to our next visit!
Summer and Herman

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
CathyFCL, General Manager at Flat Creek Lodge, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hi there! Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We love to make our guests happy at the Lodge, and I am so glad that our staff gave you that experience! I will give your best to Curry, Chef Joey and the rest of the gang… and so glad that the grits were able to 'wow' a southern girl!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope to see you again soon.

Cathy McDaniel

Been to Flat Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!