“Best B&B Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jasper, Georgia
“Best B&B Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were in town for a funeral for a dear friend and stayed at the Edenfield House. Aaron and Heather made an emotional time into a pleasant one. The minute that we pulled into the driveway late Friday night, Heather was there outside greeting us by name and helping with our bags. They made us feel at home the minute we walked through the door till the time we left on Sunday. They even moved us to a larger room that had just become available. Not many innkeepers want to sit down and talk to their guest, but Aaron spoke every time he saw us and even gave us a history on the house and encouraged us to walk around. The room was cozy and we felt at home. Breakfast was amazing! Heather your baked french toast was incredible. The best part is that they allow kids. Not many B&Bs allow kids under a certain age. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Jonathan and Nina,

We really enjoyed your visit and can’t wait to see you again! As we discussed, Savannah and August are both less than 2 hours away. You guys could have wonderful 2 days filled with sightseeing and shopping, plus we have a special where you get the 3rd night free. You two were quite enchanting on the conversation front; that’s why I kept stopping to by chat. You’re just too darned likeable - :-) ! Seriously, it was truly my pleasure to meet and spend some time with you. We can’t wait to see you again!

Aaron, Heather, and Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just stayed at the Edenfield House and found it to be a real hidden gem. Within the last year it has come under new management, and Aaron and his daughter are a delight to visit with. The rooms are very clean and oh so nicely appointed! They have nine rooms with a variety of bedding options. They serve a nice breakfast and can also serve dinner when arrangements are made prior to arrival.

If you are in the area (within an hour of Swainsboro) it is worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Paul and Carol,

It was SO nice to meet and spend some quality time with you “at the kitchen table”. It is amazing to me how much gets discussed at that table. I sincerely wish every kitchen table in our country could again be used as a social hotspot--to get to know each other, to remain connected, and or to exchange thoughts and ideas. You are a class act, my friend. We cannot wait to see you again. I will check any Lexus I see parked in a lot away from the crowd for a FL license. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our stay at the Edenfield House was wonderful! When we arrived we were welcomed with enthusiasm by Aaron, the owner. After settling us into our room (spectacular!) he gave us a tour. He obviously loves his inn. This not only shows in the detail of the décor and grounds, but also in how well its managed. It is very clean (I'm pretty picky about that!), run efficiently, and it is comfortable. His daughter Heather is delightful. Breakfast was always made with a smile and delicious. We chose to eat at the kitchen table and so enjoyed the food and conversation! We look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Revolution room. The furniture is gorgeous! Loved the view of the back yard. Air wa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Oh, Miss Heather, you are simply too kind. Thank very much for your kind words; you and Charles were wonderful to get to know. It was fun and very gratifying getting to treat you like a Queen. In short, you have proven--beyond any shadow of a doubt--that two Heathers in the same house are definitely more fun, spirited, and enchanting than one--especially at the Edenfield House! Again, thank you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a great time at the Inn. The Innkeepers automatically make you feel like family, the Inn is comfortable and roomy, and the breakfast is ready when you are! We loved our stay and will certainly go back if we are ever in that area again.

• Stayed May 2013
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Miss Renae,

You are very sweet! Thank you SO much for your kindness and for giving us a chance to earn your business. I'm sorry you had to be out of the house so early to attend graduation, but am thrilled you were able to be part of such an important ceremony. You even had the added benefit of spending some quality time with everyone traveling with you. Maybe next time we'll able to spend a little more time together because I really would like to learn more about you and your son (he was a hoot). Knowing the demands which are placed on real estate professionals, you are one heck of a mother for your 16 year old to be such an incredible young man! I sincerely hope our paths cross in the future.

McLean, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Spent the weekend at the Edenfield House and joined my high school class of '58 for a great reunion. Aaron, our Inn Keeper was very attentive and our rooms were comfortable and spotless.
'the food and service were uniformly excellent and the grits were never lumpy. I look forward to next year's get together. Same time, same great meeting place!
Col Bill Sanders

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and comfortable with large screen TVs and large windows with good vistas of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
To the "real" Colonel Sanders,
(not the Kentucky fella with the fried chicken)

It was truly an honor to host your visit, as well as the Reunion Dinner for the Class of '52. You folks are truly an amazing group of people. Thank you very much for you kind words and for staying with us. You are a class act, sir, and I can't wait until we meet again. Looking forward to hear more of your colorful "war stories", my friend. Again, thank you, sir.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter and I were going to Swainsboro to participate in the Pine Tree Festival and needed a place to stay. Since my dad's family had lived there I contacted my aunt to ask her to recommend a place and she immediately suggested the Edenfield House. I contacted them directly to book a room as she suggested, and didn't go through any website. They were immediately friendly and welcoming. Even when I sent an email to tell them that our plans had changed and we would have to arrive later in the evening than planned they were still so nice about accommodating our late arrival.

As it turns out, we were able to get there before 10:00 and were greeted as we got out of the van by Aaron the owner, who then came out to the van and helped us bring in our luggage. Once we were inside we sat with him as he checked us in and inquired about our breakfast preferences. His wife joined us and we had a wonderful chat with them before we all turned if for the night.

We had to get up and leave by 5:30 a.m. the next day so we didn't see them before we left, but after setting up our booth for the festival I went back to the Inn to have breakfast. I had to walk from the festival because my vehicle was in vendor parking and I could not drive inside the festival area. Once there, Aaron and his daughter Heather prepared breakfast for me. Whatever I requested they could and did prepare and it was all very good. Knowing that it would not be likely that my daughter would be able to come back for breakfast they prepared a fabulous breakfast biscuit to send to her. They even provided me with a ride back to the festival area so I would not have to walk back. That is a kindness that was very much appreciated by me!

In summary I want to say that The Edenfield House is beautiful, much more than I expected and our room was very nice. The beds were comfortable as well, and I can't say that about many of the resorts that we stay in when we travel. Aaron and his entire family were a very warm and caring group of folks and made us feel welcome from the minute I first called to make the reservation until the time we left.

Even without any other reason to go to Swainsboro, this is a place I would consider returning to just for a relaxing weekend getaway. Lovely home and grounds and people that make it their business to make you comfortable and happy. Thanks for a great, unfortunately short, stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Miss Judy,

Your kind words are like a lullaby; affectionate and able to implant a magical feeling. As you know, it was our unyielding desire to make you and your lovely daughter feel like the queen and the princess you are. I also agree your visit was far too short; however, I am quite confident we will be seeing both of you again - perhaps for part 2 of the "Let's See How Much We Can Spoil Judy and Janie" Show. Thank you SO much for picking us to stay with; we know that you have many other choices. We will continue to work relentlessly to remain your #1 pick when it comes to taking care of you whenever you travel in or near Swainsboro, GA.

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at the Edenfield House with other family members for the 100th birthday celebration for Jimmy Morgan, long time resident of Swainsboro. The house was originally in the family and is as beautiful as ever. Seemingly small in appearance from the outside, on the inside it is huge, with high ceilings, spacious rooms on the first and second floors, large sitting rooms, an amazing front porch and lovely decor with some original and now antique furnishings. Aaron and Heather could not have been more accommodating, helping with a birthday dinner and catering to the needs of the small children in our group. We made ourselves at home, enjoyed the backyard, baseball on the massive TV and relaxing in the morning before a made-to-order breakfast. We would love to visit again!

Room Tip: Ours was Room 6, upstairs with a four poster king bed and it was fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
John,

Thank you SO much for your most kind response. It was wonderful having you and your family with us. Honestly, we were thrilled to have the young ones with us. Sophie is such a special young lady, as evidenced by an almost instantaneous connection with Heather. I really liked the Sophie-Mena duo doing Cher Lloyd and Carly Rae songs...absolutely priceless!!! Can't wait to catch their next performance in the front parlor at the Edenfield House. We really enjoyed your visit, sir.

Aaron and Heather

Been to Edenfield House? Share your experiences!