“Feels like home!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Feels like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter and I were going to Swainsboro to participate in the Pine Tree Festival and needed a place to stay. Since my dad's family had lived there I contacted my aunt to ask her to recommend a place and she immediately suggested the Edenfield House. I contacted them directly to book a room as she suggested, and didn't go through any website. They were immediately friendly and welcoming. Even when I sent an email to tell them that our plans had changed and we would have to arrive later in the evening than planned they were still so nice about accommodating our late arrival.

As it turns out, we were able to get there before 10:00 and were greeted as we got out of the van by Aaron the owner, who then came out to the van and helped us bring in our luggage. Once we were inside we sat with him as he checked us in and inquired about our breakfast preferences. His wife joined us and we had a wonderful chat with them before we all turned if for the night.

We had to get up and leave by 5:30 a.m. the next day so we didn't see them before we left, but after setting up our booth for the festival I went back to the Inn to have breakfast. I had to walk from the festival because my vehicle was in vendor parking and I could not drive inside the festival area. Once there, Aaron and his daughter Heather prepared breakfast for me. Whatever I requested they could and did prepare and it was all very good. Knowing that it would not be likely that my daughter would be able to come back for breakfast they prepared a fabulous breakfast biscuit to send to her. They even provided me with a ride back to the festival area so I would not have to walk back. That is a kindness that was very much appreciated by me!

In summary I want to say that The Edenfield House is beautiful, much more than I expected and our room was very nice. The beds were comfortable as well, and I can't say that about many of the resorts that we stay in when we travel. Aaron and his entire family were a very warm and caring group of folks and made us feel welcome from the minute I first called to make the reservation until the time we left.

Even without any other reason to go to Swainsboro, this is a place I would consider returning to just for a relaxing weekend getaway. Lovely home and grounds and people that make it their business to make you comfortable and happy. Thanks for a great, unfortunately short, stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Miss Judy,

Your kind words are like a lullaby; affectionate and able to implant a magical feeling. As you know, it was our unyielding desire to make you and your lovely daughter feel like the queen and the princess you are. I also agree your visit was far too short; however, I am quite confident we will be seeing both of you again - perhaps for part 2 of the "Let's See How Much We Can Spoil Judy and Janie" Show. Thank you SO much for picking us to stay with; we know that you have many other choices. We will continue to work relentlessly to remain your #1 pick when it comes to taking care of you whenever you travel in or near Swainsboro, GA.

Warmly submitted,
Aaron, Amanda, and Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at the Edenfield House with other family members for the 100th birthday celebration for Jimmy Morgan, long time resident of Swainsboro. The house was originally in the family and is as beautiful as ever. Seemingly small in appearance from the outside, on the inside it is huge, with high ceilings, spacious rooms on the first and second floors, large sitting rooms, an amazing front porch and lovely decor with some original and now antique furnishings. Aaron and Heather could not have been more accommodating, helping with a birthday dinner and catering to the needs of the small children in our group. We made ourselves at home, enjoyed the backyard, baseball on the massive TV and relaxing in the morning before a made-to-order breakfast. We would love to visit again!

Room Tip: Ours was Room 6, upstairs with a four poster king bed and it was fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
John,

Thank you SO much for your most kind response. It was wonderful having you and your family with us. Honestly, we were thrilled to have the young ones with us. Sophie is such a special young lady, as evidenced by an almost instantaneous connection with Heather. I really liked the Sophie-Mena duo doing Cher Lloyd and Carly Rae songs...absolutely priceless!!! Can't wait to catch their next performance in the front parlor at the Edenfield House. We really enjoyed your visit, sir.

Warmly submitted,
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Like many others, I decided to stay at Edenfield House based on the online reviews.Pays to do your homework because I had a great time with Aaron and Heather. I was going to the Masters for a practice round visit and only had my directions printed on a piece of paper. Well, Aaron insisted I borrow his Garmin which made all the difference in my hour and a half drive. Thanks to Aaron, I had a stress free drive. Not only that, he's a great cook in the kitchen willing to make you just about anything. Good coffee too. Heather was sweet as apple pie. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was updated. Everything was great. Would I go back? Absolutely!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
David,

We really enjoyed your visit. It was great spending some time together and simply getting to know you on a more personal level. Likewise, we hope to have the opportunity to meet your lovely bride in the future, as well - so she doesn't have to worry about you while traveling with limited cell phone coverage - :-). In any event, I'm very glad the Master's created the opportunity for us to meet and serve your needs during your visit. We look forward to seeing you in the future, my friend.

Very Warmly,
Ludenscheid, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Thank you for a nice weekend. I have really enjoyed my time at the Edenfield House. The breakfirst is perfect (you can choose and Aron will cook it :) Everybody who has the chance to stay in the Edenfield House should use the chance to make a new and good experience of B&B.

Best Regards from Germany,
Björn

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Edenfield H, Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Bjorn,

As our first and clearly the best International guest, you impressed Heather and I beyond belief! We always enjoy our customers; particularly when they share their life stories with us. But I have to say, learning more about you and your family was very rewarding; largely because it is striking how truly similar so many of our cultures really are. When we take time to listen...really listen...it is amazing how much you can learn about someone and create sincere, meaningful human connections. Thank you for staying with us and we wish you the absolute best in your future efforts, sir.

Warmly,
Wentworth, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

"You can go home again!" I had the privilege of staying in this beautiful Bed and Breakfast in October, 2012 for two weeks. The website had captivated my interest and I couldn't wait to see if it could be as good as described. I was overwhelmed with the charm of the house and even more overwhelmed and charmed by the owners, Aaron, Amanda and Heather. We became friends and stayed in touch after I returned home.

I made plans to return to the Edenfield Inn in February, 2013 for two weeks. The Correll's had been busy rearranging rooms and adding many antique furniture pieces. The changes were all perfect and kept with the 1895 circa of the house.

Aaron and Heather are very much at home in the kitchen and it shows in the delicious meals they serve. Every guest is treated like family, making every stay at the Edenfield Inn very special.

I grew up in Emanuel County so going back is going home again for me. The Edenfield Inn is the bonus when I go back! Check it out if your travels take you to this area.

• Stayed February 2013
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Oh. Miss Kasey--you are such an incredible lady! It was SO wonderful to see you and share so many laughs together. You are like a ray of sunshine on a cold and dreary day. We enjoyed your visit tremendously and miss you very much. As always, thank you for your wisdom, compassion, empathy, and friendship. We love you, Kasey!

Love,
Aaron, Amanda, Heather, and Megan
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for a week for a business trip and had a great time with Aaron and Heather. The first morning they invited me into the kitchen to eat breakfast and that's where I stayed all week. They made me feel like we'd been friends for ages and I'm glad to say I'll be coming back in a few weeks on business again. Thanks again. I'll never find as cool of a place to stay ever again :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Scott, you are far too kind! It was such a pleasure hosting your visit. We truly appreciate your patronage and can't wait to see you again--very soon. When you return in March, the local kayaking place will be open at the George L. Smith State Park and its 412-acre pond! Maybe you and Heather can pull away for a couple of hours and do some local exporing. The newly created "Revolution" room--along with its king-sized bed and amazing furnishings--awaits your arrival, my friend. Again, thank you very much for your kind words, sir.
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

In Dec. 2011 a group planned to meet and have lunch at this B&B on Dec. 1, 2012. When new owners arrived November, 2012, we were concerned about overnight accommodations as well as our event. It was perfect; we couldn't have asked for more if the owners had been involved in the planning a year earlier. Rooms were ready, clean, comfortable, reasonable, and our host and hostess could not have been any more gracious to the overnight guest or to the luncheon guest. Our early morning breakfast was very good, and the luncheon for 22 was excellent. I highly recommend Edenfield House B&B for overnight stays as well as for private events. They get a 'thumbs-up" from me.

Room Tip: I selected a room on the ground floor to avoid handling my luggage on the stairway. But some of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Miss Peggy,

You are wonderful beyond words. Having your group of lady friends was truly an incredible experience. Of course we enjoyed you staying and dining with us, but honestly, watching your group of life-long friends absolutely galvanizes the importance of the "human" connection in life itself. Social media and email are great for enabling us to remain connected, but nothing replaces the magical glow which surrounds face-to-face conversations at the dinner table. The warmth and depth of the personalities of within your group of friends highlight the poise and grace each of you to Swainsboro, GA on every trip. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Love,
Aaron and Heather

Been to Edenfield House? Share your experiences!