“Best guess of all time” 5 of 5 stars

Edenfield House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   426 W. Church Street, Swainsboro, GA 30401   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Swainsboro B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best guess of all time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Was attending a basketball game in nearby town and the available hotels were not an option. Picked this Inn off the internet as a shot in the dark. Best move ever. The new owners (retired military man and daughter) had been on site only two days. We were the second room he had rented. He explained they were in process of getting in operation and apologized for some things being stored in dining room during inventory. This house looked better during this project than some Four Seasons hotels I have stayed in. The military background shows. The place was immaculate, the rooms well appointed and CLEAN, and mattresses comfortable. Doesn't say on the current website but baths in each room. Some rooms on first floor. Beautiful old house with high quality woodwork, carpets and furnishings. When the innkeepers tell you they want you to consider this your home without any of the work they mean it. We spent hours sitting in the kitchen, as we do at home, feeling like we were at home. The other guest, their first, was staying two weeks and joined us and we enjoyed time getting to know a great lady. This doesn't happen at a hotel. They wont let you sit in their kitchens around the table and visit. A rare find and worth some extra miles to stay here if you are anywhere close. This one of a kind facility and the new owners go together to create an experience far above just a room for the night . I will find excuses to return whenever possible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, Just about anything you can think of at Edenfield House, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hey there Mr. Bob!

Hope you and Nancy are well.

We may have been the best guess ever, but you were the best GUEST ever (I know, I know, bad pun, but I had limited fodder to work with :p)

Anyway! Thank you so much for your stay, the review, and also for just being wonderful and we hope to hear from you again soon.

Love,
Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Wonderful stay. Incredible murals painted on the walls through the downstairs. Big rooms, high ceilings, old victorian house. Nice back garden for sitting. A couple had just bought the inn. Two rooms were being used by long term renters but they were not there the night we stayed. The breakfast needs practice. It was plain & nothing special.
But staying in this house is what made our stay special.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I needed to travel to Swainsboro on business so I looked at the various hotels in the area. Not impressed. So I decided to check out other options. I am picky about where I will stay so I was a bit skeptical about staying anywhere in Swainsboro. But the Edenfield House Inn seemed to stand out as an option so I decided to give it a shot.

And I'm glad I did! The Inn is clean, my room (King Suite) is very spacious, and they have everything I need (cable TV and wireless internet). The room provided plenty of privacy, which was a concern that I had before arriving because this was originally a house. The breakfast was great. To top it off, the owners are very personable and hospitable. They make you feel very welcome.

While in Swainsboro, I met with another person who traveled from out of town for our meeting. He stayed in a local hotel. Suffice it to say, after discussing accommodations, he wished that he had stayed at the Edenfield House Inn. It wasn't a close call.

I'm glad i stayed here and I will stay here again when I travel to Swainsboro.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Georgetown, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I have stayed at the edenfield multiple times since 2004, for family vacations, including my mother's 75th birthday party-the innkeepers without being asked prepared a gift basket of wine, cheese, and homemade chocolate strawberries--we've stayed at the Inn for christmas, thanksgiving, and sometimes for a week at time for vacation--we have famiy in the area. Could have stayed closer to our family, but always felt we were so welcome, we could relax after the family stress. The Inn is a beautiful place, with. rocking chairs and a wraparound porch, and a large garden in the back. You can use a large refrigerator and washing machines, and feel free to stay downstairs to talkto the Innkeepers(Wally, June, and Nate their son), or head up to your suite--there is no pressure either way.
Each room is different and if you can, ask to see the available rooms or have them descibed when you make a reservation--.
Clean, very comfortable, feels more like home (than my relatives home in the area).
Will stay again and again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Stockbridge, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed at the Edenfield Inn for one year before moving to Atlanta. I found the Inn quiet, homey and comfortable. The owners are lovely people. I would recommend it to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Swainsboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I moved to Swainsboro for a new job, but had no time to look for a place to stay. A friend was from the area and recommended the inn as a nice place to stay and said that they offered deals on long-term stays. A family runs the inn and it has a lived in feel...not stuffy like some other historical homes. I was given my own key for the front and back door and told to come and go as I please. Family meals were offered in the shared kitchen and the ladies of the house decided which nights we would like to do our laundry so there was no running over each other in the laundry room...yes, I said room because there are 2 washers and 3 dryers. I stayed for three months and was very pleased with the accomodations, the privacy afforded and the "at home" atmosphere!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We have stayed at The Edenfield House Inn since soon after its conversion from a private home. There have been three owners/managers, each delightful and truly accommodating to their guest. The current owners have gone the extra mile, coming to our aid and assistance on several occasions when we were there for pleasure as well as when we have had family illness and deaths in Swainsboro. We know that we can always count on them when we have a need whether for one night or longer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Edenfield House? Share your experiences!