“Worth the money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Suwanee
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Yes it is a little outdated, but don't let that keep you from staying here. My room was clean and Shannon at the from desk was over the top! Very accommodating and couldn't wait to help. Too good to be true. Hey the economy is kind of slow, save a couple bucks and give it a try.

• Stayed January 2013

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This one would be at the bottom of my list.... Old fixtures, loud eelevator, and thin walls. Checked out Xmas eve and the maid knocked on our door at 8 wanting to clean the room. She then proceeded to wake up the people on one side of us (we could hear the whole conversation with the thin walls). Then she started vacuuming the room on the other side....

On the flip side it is clean and convenient. I do however recommend you drive via little further and go to the courtyard at mall of ga... Nicer and cleaner and not a huge difference in price...

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the elevator...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you've look at other reviews, you no doubt have been struck by the general observation - nothing special, but ok. That about sums it up.

If you've looked at any of my other reviews you do doubt realize that I tend to prefer the Mariott chain - consistent, clean, good service. There are exceptions and it seems that fewer and fewer really stand out. The Suwanee location needs some drastic improvement to stand out and be a good representation of the Mariott system.

The road on which the hotel is located isn't to be found on many GPS systems; I called and was very attentatively and professionally guided to the hotel. But you may want to spend a few minutes and get your directions before going!

Check in was pleasant and efficient.

The room was typical. Why Mariott can't mount their TVs on the wall, making them easier to view in bed I don't know - but the low dresser mounting is typical, so I can't blame this location. Housekeeping could be improved. There were crumbs and debris on the desk chair. There was debris inside the bathroom light fixture. Housekeeping everywhere seems to be a dying art (which is to say that management doesn't want to pay a living wage and provide adequate staff to truly clean rooms between guests).

Others have complained that the rooms were poorly maintained and outdated. My room was modern and I found no obvious problems beyond inadequate cleaning (I was on the third floor).

Windows open only a few inches and have no screens. Rooms in the back overlook the dumpster. Probably less traffic noise - at least until the dumpster is emptied.

The elevator makes the most ungodly sound as the doors open - a noise that is something you'd hear in a horror movie - so the odds are very good that you want to avoid any room in close proximity.

Breakfast was included as a Platinum member - something that I didn't see on the web site, so you may want to check before being sucked into pre-paying for breakfast. The restaurant staff was very kind and pleasant. The food was typical, although I was a little surprised that all of the muffins were in plastic bags and all of the breads had been wrapped in little food condoms. The selection wasn't huge, in fact probably a little less than I've seen at most Courtyards. But adequate.

I didn't get any sort of special price deal, but I suppose the hotel was still "average." It seems like a Mariott in such an affluent community ought to be better - just as it seems that there ought to be better options.

Room Tip: Avoid proximity to the elevator. Back rooms are likely more quiet than front, but you'll be ove...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was decent for the price I got on priceline. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The only complaints I had were one of the lights were out, the bathroom door wouldnt lock and like others have said, the walls are thin. Luckily everyone around was quite. It was in a decent location. I wouldnt pay their published rate but I got it a good bit cheaper so I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel on Priceline, so we only paid $60 a night. It was fine, for the money. The light in our bathroom went out the morning we left, so that was mildly annoying, not having a light to put makeup on. One complaint- I called the front desk on the way there for directions. She told me their address was 310 celebration blvd. so I put that into my gps; however, that address took me 40 miles in the opposite direction. I called them again and she said I should try 310 gwinco drive as their address. Well I would've liked to have known that before I drove 40 miles out of the way!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

From the moment my co-worker and I entered the building, we have had impecable service. Shannon is the most welcoming customer service person I have met! We were offered freshly baked cookies when we entered. Shannon also made popcorn and offered a bottle of water to the guests. We left and came back after dinner and worked in the lobby. Shannon came back with waters and said she would make us fresh popcorn. What a delightful person to welcome us each time we returned to the building. Feels like home.
The room: perfectly clean & comfortable. I stay in hotels many days a month for work. I get disgusted easily and there was nothing to set off any red flags at this hotel. I highly recommend the Suwanee Marriott. I will stay again when I return. - a Chicago Traveling Professional

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

To be fair, I am not a fan of Courtyards, but this one is worse. The pool was closed by health department. I was looking forward to a swim here in "hot"lanta. The walls are super thin. I assume this is the reason there is a "3 strikes and you're out" sign posted on the elevator that states you will be kicked out after 3 noise complaints. I got a strike after falling asleep with TV on at low volume! Breakfast in not included (really? $120 a night and no food??). Needs to be remodeled. On a positive note, the free wireless is much better than other hotels in the Marriott chain I have stayed in. In my opinion, a poor example in a mediocre chain.

Room Tip: Top floor so at least you only have to hear people talking in adjoining rooms and not people walking...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!