“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really good garlic rolls. The food is more authentically Italian than many other places. Not too expensive.

Austin, TX
“Gnocchi was the highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Three of us had a good meal at the Suwanee location recently. It was early on a Friday night...parking in the shopping center was a nightmare (people circling around waiting to pounce on an opening) and the place was bustling. I don't know if they take reservations, but you could ask or be sure to go very early if you don't want to wait.

I really liked the decor. It was comfortable and attractive with a lot of crisp black and white warmed with accents of walnut wood. Our server was professional and attentive, keeping our water glasses full and checking in as he flew back and forth.

We ordered manicotti (with Caesar salad), gnocchi with creamy pesto sauce (and Caesar salad), and the Italian sub (with pasta salad). The manicotti was good. The "Caesar" salads were spoiled by what I'd call creamy parmesan dressing glopped on top in enormous quantities. No tossing to yield a light coating of eggy-rich goodness (no eggy-rich goodness period as the dressing didn't even resemble a true Caesar). Unfortunately, the pasta salad was also drenched in this creamy parmesan and consisted of only rotini with a few bits of black olive and feta cheese. Garlic rolls were good, but they seemed a little under baked. The sub was good and it was offered hot or cold. My husband ordered it hot and was surprised to discover the leaf lettuce was heated along with the rest of the sub and lay wilted under the cheese. That's a first for us.

Now for the gnocchi! I'd go back to Ippolito's just for the gnocchi! Too often restaurant gnocchis are like little lead fishing weights. Not so here. So light and fluffy...perfect! I think we'd get the regular pesto sauce next time, though the creamy pesto sauce was good.

Local craft beer and chianti rounded out the meals nicely, and we had no room for dessert.

So all in all, it was good but not great experience with the exception of the gnocchi, which was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Suwanee, Georgia
“Nice place, great surroundings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First time here and I really liked it especially the garlic rolls. Those alone will bring me back. The lasagna was perfect, even better than my wife's but don't tell her. She also thought the place was a good find and cannot wait for our return. Also in a very nice area of Suwanee which allows for you to walk off the food after you eat. Portions are a good size and the price is more than reasonable. I highly recommend Ippolitos!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Felt out of place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went for lunch and happened to be by myself (I'm a woman.) The servers and greeters acted like I was strange for eating alone. The food was ok, but pretty average. Nothing inspiring.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We found this restaurant by chance, because we were in the area and it showed on the GPS. Had the Mediterranean salad, tried the Fettucine Alfredo and eggplant Rollata. For we shared a chocolate mousse cake. The food was spectacular, and the service, excellent. I will definitely return!

• Visited September 2012