“Great Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Suwanee
Dacula, Georgia
“Great Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I booked a suite that was supposed to have 2 queens and sleeper sofa as we had three ladies. When we arrived, the room only had two queens. It was a suite, but only had a chair where the sofa should have been We returned to the front desk and Eric took great care of us! He was apologetic and gave us an additional room directly across the hall at no charge. We saw him off and on throughout the night and he inquired each time to make sure we were okay with the arrangements. The only reason I gave location a "4" was because construction was going on outside the hotel which made it somewhat difficult to get in and out, but that is of no fault to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
hiexpressatljc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you so very much for taking the time to give us positive feedback. The information you have provided allows us to continue providing guest service training to our new employees. We pride ourselves in empowering our front desk agent in making the right decisions given the situation. We will share your review with Eric as he is an excellent role model for our team.

Parish Patel (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pace, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Booked it for the price and decided it was worth the drive off the interstate. Good thing I had done my homework and mapped it all out or we never would have found it since we arrived late at night. Very nice hotel, room and breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
hiexpressatljc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Athough the drive off the interstate was further than you expected, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We truly enjoy servicing our guests. We would love to accomodate you again, so definitely keep us at the top of your hotel list. Thanks sincerely, General Manger.
Dahlonega, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Fairly new hotel, but a bit isolated. Comfortable room, but not a lot of frills. No onsite restaurant, and all the local eateries were either a long drive away or only basic fastfood joints. The shuttle bus service (which we planned to use to go to get a meal) only operates in the day, not evenings.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip and I was very pleased. The staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The hotel is new and everything was nice. The bed was very comfy. There is a supermarket around the corner and there are lots of eating places nearby. I ate at the Mexican restaurant which is just beyond the supermarket. The food was excellent. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

Our whole family stayed here this weekend for my daughter's basketball tournament. We got a great group rate for the 10 rooms we needed for the other families on the team. Very clean, nice, new. Comfortable beds - good quality linens, pillows, towels, etc. I never noticed noise being an issue.

Breakfast was more than just continental but I'd say kinda average. Good cinnamon rolls; so-so eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. But hey, it was free!

Super location as far as lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. It did take us about 40 minutes to get downtown to the World of Coca-Cola, etc.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again (and I'm pretty picky).

• Liked — Clean and comfy
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

Let me first say that I travel many times each year on business. I look for the best values and place service second behind amenities, cleanliness and overall comfort.

I just want a nice, clean and quiet room with a good TV and a high-speed internet connection. I don't need an in-house restaurant or a concierge. I rarely use a pool or fitness center.

At the Holiday Inn Express in Johns Creek (McGinnis Ferry Rd), I stayed in a "Double Queen Suite - Smoking" room that amazingly did not smell of cigarette smoke. I am a smoker and may be somewhat desensitized; however, I can usually tell if the smell would be noticeable to a non-smoker. Maybe it would be here; but, definitely not overpowering.

PROS

1. Large room - larger than average and larger than the regular King room at the Hilton Garden Inn Johns Creek where I stayed the night prior

2. Very comfortable bed - soft, double-sheeted linens and comforter; choice of both firm and soft pillows (a real plus for me).

3. Excellent Air Conditioner - has a setting for continuous fan which I really like. ACs in some hotels will shutoff automatically no matter what setting you put them on.

4. Pretty good TV - still using the old tube TVs here; but, at least they offer a decent number of interesting channels. Not just news and ESPN.

5. Friendly staff that know how to smile

6. Business center with PC and printer (print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport)

7. In room high-speed internet worked flawlessly

CONS

1. Rate was a tad high ($104 with AAA discount) but still a good value for the area (sort of upscale)

2. Suite layout a bit odd with sofa and coffee table facing the work desk instead of the TV - what, so people can sit and watch you work on your PC? Weird.

3. TV placement makes viewing from the work desk difficult. I like to be able to watch the TV while I work on my PC. This weird setup is common in other hotels where the TV faces the bed unfortunately.

OVERALL

Overall, I would rate my stay as "Above Average". I would stay there again because of the very comfortable beds, decent TV and excellent air conditioning. The room rate could be a little lower though.

My reasons reflect my personal preferences in a hotel stay. While I would stay there again, others might not choose to stay at this hotel because it lacks an in-house restaurant or bar.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, high speed internet, good AC
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

I stayed here in December for 6 days between christmas and new years visiting family in the area. They had recommended the Hilton Garden Inn in the area, but after checking in there for one night, I had to check out the next day because of terrible service and rude staff.....I wont go in on the details here, since it doesnt concern this hotel review.
Needless to say I came to the Holiday Inn Express after my bad night at the Hilton....upon check in I was quickly upgraded to a suite for only $10 more and I'm glad they offered me that option since it was absloutley beautiful. It was a very large room, with a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and I can say enough about the shower...excellent!!!

The staff were also very helpful in giving me directions and also kept making sure that my stay was wonderful. They didnt have any housekeeping on Christmas day becuase they had given all the housekeepers the day off to be with their families, but I was alerted on that when I checked in, and even on the morning of the 25th, I was offered new sets of towels and when I declined them, they were still delivered to me with a note saying " just in case you need them later".

I stay in hotels at least 100 nights a year when i travel for work, and I have to say for the price I paid, this had to be one of the best stays I've had.

Overall, a great hotel, very clean and only about 3 1/2 years old. Its definitely much nicer than the Hilton, and a lot newer. The best part of my stay would definitely have to be the staff and the service I received on a daily basis. The room followed a close second, and I would definitely recommend this hotel I know that I will return here next year when I visit family again.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek? Share your experiences!