“I want so bad to rate this a 5” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 149 Restaurants in Suwanee
Atlanta, GA
“I want so bad to rate this a 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place has all the bones to be a 5, the food quality has gone down a bit under the new owners, the service however, hasn't. They could use a bit more selection in the area of fine wine. The pasta is always really good. Don't go here to but a veal chop, or steak, go for the traditional italian pasta dishes.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta
“NOTHING SPECIAL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I along with another couple dined here recently and came away less than enthused about the overall experience. Overall, the food was inconsistent in terms of quality, the table service was so-so and the pricing was about to be expected. The manager, however, proved to be the highlight of the evening, which I will explain later.

We began the evening with a cocktail in the rectangular shaped bar that greets patrons just inside the front door. The bar area is spacious and the ambiance is not terribly loud. There was a large party of people in the bar when we arrived but we were able to find a spot for a drink without a problem.

So far, so good.

After 15 minutes, were were seated in the dining room. The decor is typical of a suburban Atlanta restaurant that's located in a strip mall. Tables were spaced appropriately and we had ample opportunity to hold conversation without having to shout. This was certainly a plus and welcomed by the four of us. The restaurant was about 75% occupied on a Saturday night. We also learned it had gone through an ownership change within the year.

Service was relaxed, if not slow at times. It took a while for the server (who also doubled up at Windermere Golf Club) to introduce himself. But he was nice enough and ready to get our evening underway.

I ordered the Chicken Parm and my wife had the scallops. My dinner was tasty and enjoyable as were my wife's scallops. Pretty hard to mess up Chicken Parm, right? Unfortunately, our friend's wife ordered the veal chop and it arrived tough and undercooked. I trust our friends opinion on veal chops since they grew up in NY and have had some of the finest around. Good veal chops are tough to find in the south and this night was no exception. She sent the entree back and ordered another dish that was marginally better. Her husband's entree seemed OK, but nothing great. Hence, that's why I prefaced this review by calling our experience inconsistent.

What did impress all of us was a table visit from the manager. He apologized to our friend regarding her dinner, took it off the bill and offered her a glass of complimentary wine. In terms of customer service, the manager was outstanding! He gets it, and he gave all of us a reason to consider returning for a second look in the future.

But even with his excellent customer service initiative, the restaurant fell short of expectations for the four of us. It just didn't stand out to any of us. When my wife and I left, we really couldn't come up with a reason to return. It's not that the food was horrible. It just didn't stand out in our minds as anything special.

Next time, we will likely take a pass on Quanto Basta and head over to either Bello in Cumming or Casa Nuova in Alpharetta, both of which I have reviewed in previous postings. Quanto Basta caters to the 25-45 crowd from the close by Windermere Neighborhood and will probably do fine as a convenient option for those residents. But for my wife and I, we will take a pass.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Wonderful neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I love this place.. It's such a wonderful restaurant .. It used to lack atmosphere but they redid the whole placd and really fixed it. Nice patio for outdoor dining. Love any of their risottos. Their specials are usually incredible but the katana pasta is my favorite menu item. Love the feeling that so many people are regulars.. It has a very neighborhood feel to if.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Great food, decent service, but high price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

First, the address listed is not correct. The correct address is 2990 Buford Highway, Cumming, GA. We went there on a Tuesday night, so there were only about 4 other tables there beside us. The service was good, but not great. The food was excellent, but overpriced. My husband has the shrimp and chorizo and I had the shrimp and scallops. The were both delicious and well prepared. We had dessert too - I had the mousse bomb and he had the cheesecake - house made there and excellent as well. We had some wine and drinks too. The bill for dinner, with tip was $120! No appetizer and we shared a salad. So, as you can see it's pretty pricey. I think we'd go again because the food was good, but they do need to revisit thier prices.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cumming, Georgia
“Super Neighborhood Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

WE live close by and have visited it since it opened. Except for it's breif foray into the burger world a couple of years ago (BIG Failure) they have always had great service and very good food. Some traditional Italian dishes as well as some inventive ones. They have been under new management for several months and things seem to be even better.

Visited December 2011