“I wouldn't recommend it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain

You added Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5355 Stone Mountain Hwy, Hwy 78, Stone Mountain, GA 30087   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“I wouldn't recommend it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I hate to criticize any property, but this one I have a hard time finding much good to say. Based on some of the other reviews I had read about this motel, I asked to see a room first. The very nice young man at the desk was happy to show me one; only problem is, he showed me a ground floor room instead of the one we were to have. He said our room would be "just like it". What he showed us didn't appear to be bad at all, so we said ok and asked for a 3rd floor room so we wouldn't have to listen to anyone tromping around above us. We specified that we wanted one of their rooms that had been renovated, and that it would be really clean, and most especially would be non-smoking room. The young man assured us we definitely get all that. My husband specifically told him that the smell of smoke really bothers us, and we did not want to be anywhere near a room that smelled. As it turned out, the hallway on the third floor positively reeked of stale cigarette smoke, and while our room did not, we did get a strong whiff of it when the AC kicked on. I'm guessing this whole place was at one time a smoking facility, and the AC units were not replaced when the property was renovated. The room was not exactly what I call "really clean" either. The toilet actually had a moldy green ring around it denoting it had not seen a toilet brush in quite some time. There was a stain on one of the bed sheets - you could tell the sheet was clean, but if it's got a permanent stain on it, in my opinion, it needs to be used for a cleaning rag, not for a guest to sleep on. The renovations in this room consisted of farily new furniture and a nice granite vanity in the bathroom with an open shelf underneath for storage, but the exposed pipes were positively nasty looking. The carpet appeared to be new, but that's about all we could see was "renovated". The bedding didn't look updated at all - I immediately took the bedspreads off the beds as they looked old and worn; the blanket I found underneath didn't look any better, and we were very reluctant to sleep under them. The handle on the closet door was broken and one of the curtains was hanging loose, which made the whole place look shabby. All I can say is "yuk" - for the first time out of a 16 day trip, and numerous motels and hotels, I had an all around dirty feeling staying here. The cheap Super 8 we stayed at in Macon, GA was cleaner and nicer than this.

Room Tip: Go to another property!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortInnStnMtn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear vkreed,

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Check In on April 23rd, 2013 because the web gave it 5 Stars - not even close! Walked into the lobby, no one was around, and waited, waited, and waited, hollered for someone. Had my husband call the front desk on his cell phone. Finally, some one came. Must have been more than 5 minutes. The front desk guy was super nice and apologized, he was folding towels. Got our 2 rooms, and the room I was staying in had these issues; 1 towel, top drawer had coins and garbage, bottom drawer had a bandage (yuck), Bed squeaked (sounded like it would break), same bed LOOKED USED, closet door broken, garbage on coffee tray, bath room lights flickered on and off on the "off" position, no plastic for ice bucket, no tissue in vanity. We stopped looking for other issues, and requested another room (mind you this was one room, didn't even mention our second room). In our new room; was what appeared to be a very large bloody booger (probably just a piece of bbq meat) on the wall above the garbage can (how housekeeping neglected that is beyond me?), we threw away the writing pen (I am still grossed out as to what was on that), the knob for the A/C was broken, and the shower knob was loose. I called Comfort Inn to complain and weren't too impressed with their one-eight hundred customer service rep. She requested me to call back after our stay, we'll see how that goes. Breakfast the next morning; no eggs, no meat (don't know if it was bacon or sausage), very limited choice of cereal, in other words I grab something at the neighboring gas station.

Dear Wladimir P,
Thank you for taking the time to wright a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Lakeland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel because of proximity to where I was working. The only problem I really experienced was the hotel has a single entrance and exit onto a one way road. No clear signs and you can't get on main highway without going back around in a huge circle. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013
GMComfortInnStnMtn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, April 29, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Comfort Inn & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Land O Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is very close to Stone Mountain Park which is the reason my family and another stayed in this hotel and location. The price was also very reasonable since it includes hot breakfast and Wi-Fi. It was a bit of a challenge to find the hotel at first since it is not quite visible from the main road and the GPS (we used 3) was not able to precisely locate it. As another reviewer mentioned the front of the hotel faces a one-way street and the entrance right after an "exit" that curves which makes it hard to spot. Our initial impression was good with the lobby and parking lot being clean. The room we got was in the second floor facing almost directly to the lobby with stairs to the right and backs to the back of the hotel. We thought that it will be a noisy spot but it turned out ok. The room was clean and smell was fine. There was a little noise in the A/C and the reception on the cable TV was terrible. Because of this, my wife and I tried to find a different room. The other room they showed us was also in the second floor - it didn't work out because it smelled bad (like a curry smell). Then my wife noticed food stains in both bed covers. So, we asked to see another room. The next room was on the 3rd floor. The hallway already smelled like cigarette smoke. We were not told that it was a smoking floor. So that didn't work out either. Since the receptionist was already looking annoyed, we just stayed in our original room. The only reason we are not giving a "below average" rating was because of the breakfast. It was very good. The pool was a plus for the kids but they did complain of eyes hurting right away.

Room Tip: It's really a hit and miss. If you are given a clean room, wherever you are then it should be a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
On behalf of our entire staff at Comfort Inn & Suites, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I will be addressing these issue(s) with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Bristol, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Upon arriving we were a bit upset, however we made the most of it and actually would come back. This location is on an off ramp of a hwy which is what freaked us out to begin with. But, once you figure it out is not that bad. You see, it could be considered a one way turn. Yes, you can only go right out of the hotel, but it does not take 30min. Like the other review said. And if you are on the hwy and the hotel is on the left, best thing to do is make a U turn (doesn't say not to) and you will be right there. Staff very nice. Breakfast was ok,they kept it resupplied fast. Traffic noise is bad, so if you don't like that bring a sound machine or ask to be in back rms. I was on first floor and smelled smoke in hall badly also. Need to make it smoke free. Pool nice. Great location to visit Atlanta not too close. And believe me think about that. Our truck was broken into a hotel in sandy springs. Drive not bad into Atlanta. If going to zoo go straight on memorial and it will take you right there. Stone mt is worth it and German rest. Is great and authentic. Pizza cafe across rd is good also.

Room Tip: Traffic noise could be issue in front rooms,
Knoxville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

1. Requested for a non smoking room NOT to be put on the smoking floor but we were given a room on the 3rd floor with 2 of their smoking rooms. The smoke smell in the hallway is bad enough to make us to request for change of room. Receptionist did change our room right away. Thank you!
2. Both bathroom handles from the 3rd floor and the one that we were transferred were broken.
3. Hotel has free wifi - that was why we chose this hotel in the first place. VERY disappointed with connection. POOR CONNECTION. My children had to stand by the door to try to get wifi reception.
4. TV in the room - bad reception. The images keeps breaking up.
5. Bathroom: When I put the toilet lid down, I saw black spots on the front of the toilet tank.
We have stayed in other comfort inn & suits before but this location was the most disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Rest assured that I will be taking a closer look at the issue and will try to address it right away. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It's been over four years the last time I stayed in this hotel and I noticed a few changes. First, the ownership changed. Next, back in the day the lobby and my old room looked worn down. Now, since they renovated the lobby and a lot of the rooms, it looked modern and brand new. We were also happy about the competitive price and the location is close to a shopping center and many restaurants. BTW, the reconstruction has finished and so now it went back to being a quiet hotel :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMComfortInnStnMtn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear MrEdnWilbur,

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!