“Very friendly and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain

You added Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1737 Mountain Industrial Blvd, Stone Mountain, GA 30083   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Columbia, United States
“Very friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old, and I was particularly impressed with the way that the staff treated my children. We've received very cold treatment in other hotels before when traveling with the kids. From the gummy bears at check-in to the fresh popped popcorn in the lobby to the extra help at breakfast, the staff did everything possible to provide my family with a positive experience. This is in stark contrast to the Buckhead location, where they could not provide us with a room with 2 beds or even a pull-out sofa when we had booked weeks ahead of time. They left us sitting in the lobby waiting for 45 minutes for a room that never existed. We had to end up going to another hotel and paying twice as much to get a room with two beds since it was 6:00 PM on a busy Saturday.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your kind sentiments, we truly appreciate this opportunity you have provided to recognize the efforts of our staff in providing an Excellent Hospitality experience. Many of our staff have children and it appears their parental instincts were on full attention during your stay. Stone Mountain Park is a wonderful venue for children, as is the Stars and Strikes entertainment center next door. I hope you will decide to return here in the future.

We thank you for your patronage and hope you will return when next you find yourself in the metro Atlanta area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hazlehurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stay in this hotel every year, even though there are other hotels closer to my event. The staff is always friendly, and the room is always clean. The only drawback is that there are not any restaurants close to the hotel. You have to drive about 10 minutes to get to a restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your gracious remarks! Your positive feedback provides us with opportunities to recognize the efforts our staff make in trying to provide an Excellent Hospitality experience. I am also happy to inform you that the Stars and Strikes location next door has recently opened a full service restaurant inside and I can personally vouch for the quality of their food as I've had the chance to experience myself. There is also an excellent BBQ restaurant approximately 2 miles/5minutes away called the Greater Good BBQ that features outstanding bbq!

We look forward to you returning in the future and we thank you for your past patronage.

Patterson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I always enjoy staying at Hampton, however this particular one has problems with Housekeeping, if you bring your own towels, toilet paper, coffee and cleaning supplies and clean your own room, and empty your own trash, you should be alright

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I do want to apologize for the breakdown in service you experienced during your time here. I can completely understand your concern as I would feel the same myself under similar conditions.We value your loyalty to the Hampton brand and our hotel in particular and I'd like to assure you that what you experienced is not typical for our hotel. We have taken your information into account as we review and improve our Housekeeping processes. Should you return to the Atlanta area, and particularly Stone Mountain, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you that we are far more capable and desiring to provide you with an Excellent Hospitality experience.

Thank you for your past patronage, we hope to have you return.

st louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

the rooms where nice and clean...the staff was very nice and helpful to me and other customers in the hotel and on the outer section of the hotel. I like to be a long term customer with Hampton hotels because of the great service they provide .

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the kind words. Your positive feedback will be communicated to the entire staff as we strive to continually improve all of our guests' experience here at the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain.

Stone Mountain, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Desk personnel was uncooperative and has no customer service skills. We travel often and never have we experienced such poor service from the front desk. We made three different, but reasonable requests and were told "we cannot do that" on three different occasions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

keithbrooks, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Kenneth S,
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain. I would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that you may have experienced during your stay. If there were any issues or concerns that you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at (770)934-0004. Again, thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain, we hope for the chance to serve you better. Sincerely, Mike Lanoza, General Manager
Charlotte, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Free parking, free breakfast, internet complimentary, outdoor pool. But the desk called me at 8:30am when they knew I had my do not disturb sign on the door. That was my only negative. And as a side note, I felt like my matress needed to be flipped. Uncomfortable sleep, since my head rested lower than my torso.

DearJohn A,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain. I would like to apologize to you for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. If there were any issues or concerns that you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at (770)934-0004. Again, thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain. Sincerely, Mike Lanoza, General Manager
Virginia Beach, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great hotel! Very clean and well maintained. Breakfast very good. Staff friendly and helpful. Stone Mountain only a few minutes away. Not much close by as far as places to eat however. Other then that, I had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
keithbrooks, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear BeachRydr,
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at this property. We do want all of our guest to have an exceptional visit, and I am elated to know that yours was. Thank you for choosing the Hampton inn Stone Mountain, we do hope to serve you again. Sincerely, Mike Lanoza, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!