“Service was not something to talk about along with the room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn - Stone Mountain

You added Quality Inn - Stone Mountain to your Saves list
Quality Inn - Stone Mountain
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1595 East Park Place, Stone Mountain, GA 30087 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Stone Mountain
New York City, New York
“Service was not something to talk about along with the room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night as a pit stop on the way to florida. I would rather have dosed out more money for a hotel then this western that is advertised all the time around me. Stayed at couple of best westerns and they all had the same idea. Just have a room and a person to take the money nothing more matters.
Wake up call was non existened and they made a big deal when I was late 10 minutes for check out. I mean come on the hotel wasnt 1/10th full. I dont know why it was a big deal no customer service. The room had a weird odor to it. I dont know I camp a lot so when I sleep in an actual bed I want it to be much better than the ground, not just a little.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
bwstn, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. It is our policy to call all guest on date of departure at 11am. We do apologize if you felt that this was not handled in the appropriate manner. We are open to any suggestions you may give us in improving our services.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Was located 2 minutes from Stone Mountain. The older guy at the front desk, was extremely helpful, laid back, friendly. Hotel was pet friendly, so it worked out perfectly. Was your basic hotel, so if you expect more this isn't it. But it has what you need when you travel. Went into Atlanta on Sunday and it only took 20 minutes to get downtown. Staff was also helpful with Stone Mountian events and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
bwstn, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Let me start by thanking you for completing your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 770-465-1022.

deerfield beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

i booked this hotel online. I watched all of the new commercials for the best western hotel line and decided to give this hotel a shot. Worst hotel mistake i ever made. The lobby was ok, but the room smelled, was dirty, had paint peeling from the wall and was overall unacceptable for my family visit. I never checked into the room, but the manager refused to refund my deposit. don't fall into "the trap".

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
bwstn, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Let me start by thanking you for completing the Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770-465-1022.

Chatsworth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Went for two days. Chose this location because its close to our home in N. Georgia. Stayed Monday and Tuesday. Since it was not a holiday nor a weekend hotel was not crowded at all.

The manager (owner?) was polite and helpful. I spoke with them concerning a minor housekeeping issue, and they were very apologetic and said they would speak to their staff about it.

The manager offered to compensate us with some complimentary Chardoney. We are not wine drinkers, so declined. However the gesture was a nice way of showing they cared.

The pool was not very large, but was the highlight of our stay. It was exceptionaly well maintained and very clean. We went out to swim both nights at dusk.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Let me start by thanking you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was our first trip to Stone Mountain. It was a spur of the moment trip so we didn't have reservations anywhere. We called a few hotels after we got into town. Being the 4th of July weekend alot of hotels were booked. We got lucky and stayed here at the Best Western for two nights. The room was very clean w/ a king bed and a little sitting area. The bed was a bit hard for my taste. We had no problem getting extra pillows. There was coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge in the room. The grounds were beautiful. They offer a breakfast every morning of juice,milk, coffee, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, grits and make your own waffles. The staff kept the breakfast area clean during our stay. The staff were very helpful in directing us to Stone Mountain Park and area resturants. This hotel is also Pet Friendly and we saw a few guests with their pets. The Park is beautiful and a nice way to spend the day. If you go to Kroger's (grocery store) you can buy your tickets there and save a few bucks. We would stay at this hotel again. Maybe we will return this winter for a Snow Mountain visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Though this hotel was older it was clean and accommodating and in good repair. The people who worked at the hotel were friendly and healthful. There were restaurants in walking distance and it was an easy short drive to Stone Mountain. The price was fair and I would not hesitate to stay here again. We stayed 2 nights and wish we had stayed 3. If you like hiking and relaxing this the right place to be. Also has a lot of entertainment for children. My 4 year old niece and 80 year old mother hiked to the top of Stone Mountain with me.

• Stayed June 2010

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us.

KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

We booked this ahead of our Stone Mountain trip for 1 night stay. The room was really hot when we arrived-the ac once turned on did not move beyond the first bed-miserably hot--someone 2 doors down left their door open. Front sign was not on at night hard to locate it when we returned. The breakfast area was TINY and it was very HOT in the room when we went through-it was the usual fix it yourself free breakfast. The very few hotels in this area I found were all only 2 star rated. The area is not exactly the safest to be in either. Alot of run down places for it being next to a major attraction such as Stone Mountain Park. We went to a major fast food chain around the block and could not believe the condition it was in. Ceiling tiles falling out and missing tables were sticky and only 2 chairs to each table. In the hotel there were 2 toothpicks frozen in the freezer in the mini fridge not sure what that was about either. The rooms need a major remodel. The staff were nice and there was free internet access but other than that I do not have much positive to say about the actual room. Stone Mountain Park was great and a very clean nice place to visit. But next time we will probably stay outside of that area regardless of how close the few hotels were none of them looked that great for what they are charging for 1 nights stay. Stone Mountain Park was a really nice place to go visit. I do not recommend this hotel for the prices they charge unless a remodel is involved.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn - Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!