“Great Breakfast and Dinners, Lunch not so much” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterside Restaurant

Waterside Restaurant
4021 Lakeview Drive, Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
770-879-9900
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet
Description: Indulge in a stylish Stone Mountain restaurant offering delicious buffets in a casually elegant setting, creating a unique experience for guests and colleagues. Breakfast $16.95, Lunch $18.95, Dinner $24.95 (Friday Seafood Buffet - $29.95).
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Great Breakfast and Dinners, Lunch not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast and dinner buffet is pretty awesome. A tip I would give is to arrive early around 6:30am 7am to the buffet. That way you are getting really hot and fresh food. Sometimes it can be cold at Stone Mountain, so you may want to sit in the back. The regular dinner buffet was pretty awesome as well.

WARNING; Do not eat the seafood buffet. I was really disappointing in it. Not what I was expecting at all. I thought they would have a variety of fish. They only had fried catfish bites, shrimp, and crab legs. That's pretty much it and they had some non seafood items as well. It is not worth it at all.

The coffee is very strong which I like and our waitresses every time were very nice. Arrive early for dinner as well. The lunch buffet was OK...avoid the chicken salad. My waitress even asked me if I liked the chicken salad, and when I tried hiding my disdain. She could still it was bad. I can only awesome she also had tried it.

If you get the chance to eat this beef hash based soup they have. Eat it. Also what kind of annoyed me is that the served their cornbread and sweet potatoes rolls cold? What's up with that? I hope a manager reads this and rethinks that. They should have all the breads in some sort of warmer.

Visited May 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Not the same quality as it used to be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I live in the area for over 12 years and I have gone to the Waterside Restaurant for Sunday breakfast or lunch buffet many times. However, I was disappointed when I went last Sunday for lunch buffet. I have not been here for 5 years and I found their service horrible this time around. I was one of the first three customers in the restaurant for lunch that day and my server managed to forget that I've asked for lemon wedges with my water, plus I had to wait an extra 15 minutes to get my other beverage. The food was average, cold, and dried (I went there at 12:10pm, at the start of lunch time). Main entrees were pork chops in gravy, white rice with green peas, beef loin, butterfly fried shrimp, etc. I just don't think these would have qualify to charge $18.95 for the qualify the food served at this lunch buffet. A couple that sat at the next table (came 30 minutes after me) ordered their beverages, looked around at the buffet, then decided to ask for the check and left without eating. That's disappointing as I used to LOVE this buffet. I doubt I will return again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Love the variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

On a program we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner here almost everyday.
Breakfast was: Omlette Station, turkey sausage, pancakes, waffles, fruit bar, yogurt, pastry bar, donuts, bagels,grits, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, lox, capers, onions, cereal, hashbrowns, bacon, toast, syrup, scrambled eggs, yogurt.
Lunch: Chicken, fish, steak, pork chops, tuna salad, chicken salad, macaroni and cheese, salad bar, potato bar, fresh homemade soups, sandwich station, hot pressed sandwiches, pizza, vegetables, and dessert bar
Dinner: fish, steak, pasta, mashed potatoes, vegetable medley, steamed veggies, roast beef, flatbreads, salad bar, soups, dessert bar.
Their wine selection was also decent. I recommend La Crema, so smooth!
The wait staff were very pleasant, and tentative to refills, etc

You really are able to get whatever you want. I didn't get tired of eating here 7 days in a row.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Highly pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been 5x to the seafood buffet and it was awesome, auce prime rib and crab legs, peel and eat, plenty of vegetables and a dessert bar that would send anyone into sugar overload. The server remembers me every time I come and gives me awesome service. After dinner sitting by the fireplace at the pool just tops me off. Invited friends there and now they go regularly

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“SAVE YOUR MONEY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were taking advantage of a package deal for the weekend at the Marriott Evergreen Resort, so while staying there, we decided to have dinner at Waterside Restaurant. We visited on a Saturday evening around 7:30. Upon entering the restaurant, you feel like you are going to a more upscale type establishment. The lights are fairly dim and it's decorated very nicely. It's a fairly large dining area as well. We were aware that this was a buffet type restaurant only. There are no options for ordering off the menu. However, we were advised that it was not like your traditional buffet restaurant.

We were seated and both ordered a glass of chardonnay. The drink menu didn't look extensive, but they did have your basic red or white wines. I belive I noticed others having a beer with their dinner as well.

Once our drinks arrived we were advised to help ourselves to the buffet. There were several stations and they presentation was very nice. There was a soup station, cheese section and peel and eat shrimp on ice, and a salad area with a variety of toppings. There was a carving station, then another area that on this particular evening was serving cranberry stuffed pork tenderloin, salmon, spinach ravioi with cream sauce and one or two vegetables. The pork had an odd taste and had been sitting awhile, the vegetables had a very awkward flavor and we didn't care for them at all. We both thought the ravioli was good, but certainly not worth $25 per person, which is what I believe this meal cost. We tried the shrimp and they were very mealy. I don't know if it was a bad batch, but we didn't want to finish them in the event we'd get sick. All in all the dinner buffet just wasn't good. We had to hunt down our server several times and in the end, I had to find someone to bring us our check. There was a dessert section, but we didn't try this. I just felt that the only thing that was satisfactory here was the rolls with butter and the salad we made ourselves. I guess it would be worth a second try, but I'm not willing to shell out $25 a person to risk it.

We did go back the next morning for breakfast, but this is because the meal would be free based on our weekend package. We arrived around 10:00am and there wasn't a line at the time we arrived. Again, it seemed as though the servers were all over the place and not remembering simple things. For breakfast they had a cereal section along with breakfast pastries. You could also toast your own toast with a toaster they provided. There was a variety of fresh fruit and yogurt as well. They had a section that was making omlete's to order, but there had to be 25 or more people waiting in line, so that turned us away. We opted for the hot buffet, or so we thought. The food was luke warm at best. The scrambled eggs are like the type you find that's typically a mix of some sort. Very nasty tasting and not real eggs. The hashbrowns were barely seasoned and cold. They had sausage and bacon too. The bacon was pretty good, but that was about it. We also noticed some biscuits with a container next to it reading "gravy", however, during the entire time we were there, they had not replenished the gravy. The price for this breakfast was $19, I believe. Had we not had the free breakfast, I'm certain we would not have paid $19 a person for this. We were very disappointed that the food was not only cold, but tasteless. I'm not sure why both meals were so bad, but that's my honest opinion. I would recommend if you are staying at the hotel and want lunch or dinner, go to the sports bar on the lower level and get a hot meal for less money and much more flavor. Several thumbs down for the Waterside Restaurant.

• Visited December 2012