“Excellent and relaxing spa weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Golf Getaways from $189
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent and relaxing spa weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I were looking for an overnight spa/relaxation experience and decided to try the Evergreen Marriott resort's "Romance is is the Air" package - valid through Oct 4, 2009. At $329, we thought the package, which includes an upgraded room, dinner and breakfast for 2, two 50-minute massages, 4pm checkout, and champagne with strawberries was a pretty good deal. We also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that everything we needed was included in the price.

Room: We booked the King executive room (part of our package). While not as plush and upgraded as a recent stay at the Westin, I was pleased to find crisp linens, duvet covers, and pillow selection. The room had a small balcony with slight lake view (obscured with trees), but mosquitoes eventually ran us inside.

Food: We were extremely pleased with the dinner buffet which had chicken, steak, and seafood choices, salad bar, vegetables, and an ample dessert bar. Given how much we enjoyed dinner, we were a little bit disappointed with breakfast - maybe because it was more crowed. The breakfast buffet was certainly plentiful (scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, fruit, cereals) but the made-to-order items (e.g. omelets) had very long lines. The downstairs restaurant is large and never had to wait on a table.

Spa: If you book a package which includes spa-time, be sure to call ahead and book your treatment. We ended up booking their couples massage room, and had a very good experience. The set-up of the spa is a bit strange because the reception area is not connected to the treatment rooms (a short outside walk to another wing of the building). Since the treatment rooms are adjacent to the pool, it was convenient to hop in the jacuzzi and pool to relax after the massage.

During our trip, we never ventured into the main Stone Mountain park to see sights. But they're available if you're interested. Since this particular hotel always has a lot of different packages and specials, you're likely to find something to fit your needs and budget. Overall, I would highly recommend this resort (and package deal) to anyone seeking a "relaxing adventure to nowhere."

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Downstate Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

We were looking for a place to stay to split our trip from Southern Illinois to Clearwater and had been told of the Evergreen Resort by a friend. From my initial call to make reservations to the follow-up email with the final bill, everything was flawless. I spoke with a James in the group sales area and he was pleasant and helpful. The accomodations are top-notch. We had two adjoining rooms on the second floor with a view of the lake. The balcony was not large, but comfortable and the view was gorgeous. The staff was courteous, attentive and accomodating. We had dinner at the resort that consisted of a prime rib buffet. It was tasty, but not inexpensive. There was a shuttle from the resort to the Stone Mountain laser light show that ran on the hour which was very convenient. The breakfast buffet that was served the next morning was bountiful and very, very good. The waitress was quite attentive and made us feel very welcome. Check-out was speedy and simple. There are plenty of places to stay overnight, but the quality of the establishment and high level of service have earned the Evergreen a loyal return guest.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
moonflower325@yahoo.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I have to say that we really did not know what we were getting into when we found the deal for the Marriott Evergreeen. I was just searching on line for my family and I something to do on Saturday afternoon. It was late and we did not even have a lot of time I packed the family and we were gone in thirty minutes for the time we booked the reservation. I have not been anywhere with the kids in two years my job demands a lot from me. So we did it on a spere of a moment and we left. Got to the evergreen and we had the time of our lives. We went to the leaser show and came back to the room. We went to bed got up the next morning and had the buffette breakfast and the waitress was so go with my children I was amazed she took so much time out with them that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We will be back very soon and I caint wait until then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The BED was to die for best night sleepyou will ever have ...................

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Seneca, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We requested an early check-in, which I strongly suggest to avoid the long lines at the regular check-in time. The room was very nice and the bed extremely comfortable, didn't want to wake up. If you have any physical limitations, make sure that you request a room close to the elevator, they will accomodate you. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Check out ALL online "deals" and make sure you get the best "bottom line" deal. I found our best deal was directly with the resort itself, which is unusual. Check out the Stone Mountain Family Package!

That said, you MUST stay in this resort! There are two Marriott Resorts inside Stone Mountain Park, Evergreen and the other The Stone Mountain Inn. Make sure you get into THE EVERGREEN!!!

When I made the reservation, I was told that lakeview rooms were not included in the Stone Mountain Family Package. At check-in, we were offered a lakeview room. Room 582.

We paid, under the package, $149/nite for the first two nights and $127 for the 3rd nite (AAA rate). Included in this package was a breakfast buffet each morning AND two-day tickets to Stone Mountain Park. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. The breakfast buffet normally costs $52 for the 4 of us and the Stone Mt. Park ticks cost $99 for one day for the 4 of us. Those freebies alone total: 356 .... more than the price of 2 night's stay. I'm telling you, do your research before you book.

The Resort is sooooo nice. Nestled in the woods across the lake from Stone Mountain itself. Lobby was fab and the staff was great, clear down to housekeeping. No complaints.

Elevators and hall areas filled with nice carpet, mirrors, and furnishings where you can sit and talk. Room was nice. Two double beds which were almost too soft buy very comfy. Plenty of space for the 4 of us. Two beds, an upholstered chair, desk area with internet (we didn't use that) and a dresser/tv stand with drawers. BIG closet area that held all our clothes, shoes AND the suitcases. Bathroom had granite countertops and lots of space. Exhaust was slow and in 15 seconds the bathroom was too steamy to get dressed in. Also a mini fridge in the room. Housekeeping was great.

Lakeview was nice too. Our room had a lot of trees but we could still see the lake.

Pools: Indoor and outdoor. Both nice. Outdoor had more space so more space for tables and chairs. Grounds well kept.

Restaurant: We ate in the resort only during breakfast. They have a fantastic breakfast buffet. This is no Golden Coral or Ponderosa. WOW! TONS of food, hot and cold and everything you can think of including an omlet station. I had the best omlet ever. Restaurant is very elegant and from some areas you can see Stone Mountain across the lake. We ate there ever single morning. Service with a smile, great food and good experience.

Coffee Cafe: Used to be a Starbucks but no more. Still, they serve Starbucks coffee and great sweets. We recommend the brownies and the BIG cookies. And they are indeed big.

This resort offers a shuttle to St. Mt. Park and also has a special nightly shuttle that runs for the laser/fireworks show on Stone Mountain. They even have a special seating area on the lawn just for their guests. Oh la la...only it rained every night and we were unable to go. Still, check it out.

Also, check out my review of Stone Mountain Park itself on tripadvisor.com. (I'll be posting it this afternoon.) It's great.

All in all, this place gets many thumbs up from us.

Now I do want to say one thing, I read some pretty bad reviews of Marriott's Stone Mountain Inn, also located inside St. Mt. Park. Many people complained it was old and musty smelling. We heard they had a "mountain view dinner buffet" and went to check it out. I walked into the lobby and was greeted with a very musty odor. Reminded me of a musty basement. The lobby was above-ground so not sure why it smelled that way. That smell alone made me leave. If the rooms smell that way, I would not be happy staying there. I have never stayed there, but just passing that information along to anyone considering it. Read that resort's reviews on tripadvisor.com

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I was there last weekend for a girl's getaway/spa package, and was very impressed by the hotel especially all the staff. The rooms are very comfortable and the views from the rooms overlooking the lake are beautiful. What impressed me the most was the warmth and extremely friendly attitude of all the staff from the restaurant to the gift store. The Evergreen Spa is fabulous - their therapists (especially Dee) are some of the best in the area - I was thoroughly impressed and can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

My wife and I spent our first wedding anniversary here. Amazing stay. The hotel is beautiful, and our room was great. We booked the Sweetheart Escape package. We got upgraded to a suite (beautiful) with a lake view. Bottle of champagne and strawberries waiting in the room for us. Beds are comfy too.

• Liked — Our suite.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!