My husband and I were looking for an overnight spa/relaxation experience and decided to try the Evergreen Marriott resort's "Romance is is the Air" package - valid through Oct 4, 2009. At $329, we thought the package, which includes an upgraded room, dinner and breakfast for 2, two 50-minute massages, 4pm checkout, and champagne with strawberries was a pretty good deal. We also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that everything we needed was included in the price.
Room: We booked the King executive room (part of our package). While not as plush and upgraded as a recent stay at the Westin, I was pleased to find crisp linens, duvet covers, and pillow selection. The room had a small balcony with slight lake view (obscured with trees), but mosquitoes eventually ran us inside.
Food: We were extremely pleased with the dinner buffet which had chicken, steak, and seafood choices, salad bar, vegetables, and an ample dessert bar. Given how much we enjoyed dinner, we were a little bit disappointed with breakfast - maybe because it was more crowed. The breakfast buffet was certainly plentiful (scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, fruit, cereals) but the made-to-order items (e.g. omelets) had very long lines. The downstairs restaurant is large and never had to wait on a table.
Spa: If you book a package which includes spa-time, be sure to call ahead and book your treatment. We ended up booking their couples massage room, and had a very good experience. The set-up of the spa is a bit strange because the reception area is not connected to the treatment rooms (a short outside walk to another wing of the building). Since the treatment rooms are adjacent to the pool, it was convenient to hop in the jacuzzi and pool to relax after the massage.
During our trip, we never ventured into the main Stone Mountain park to see sights. But they're available if you're interested. Since this particular hotel always has a lot of different packages and specials, you're likely to find something to fit your needs and budget. Overall, I would highly recommend this resort (and package deal) to anyone seeking a "relaxing adventure to nowhere."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort with conference center located at Stone Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Marriott Hotel Stone Mountain
- Evergreen Marriott Conference Hotel
- Marriott Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Marriott