“Illigal- Marriott sold our guaranteed reservation to someone else.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort

Special Offer
ATL Spring Rates from $79
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Illigal- Marriott sold our guaranteed reservation to someone else.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We made reservations months ago, for 4 nights. I called later to book a room for my parents and they said they were booked, but there was another Marriott 6 miles away, I booked it. On the 5 hour trip to the resort, we had car trouble, and had to have sears repair the car. I called evergreen, and they said no problem, our room would be waiting. When we got there, at 11 pm, they informed us our guaranteed room, booked months ago , with our visa, through Mariott, had been sold to someone else. They put us in the same hotel as my parents, which turned out to be 20 minutes away from the Evergreen resort. Mariott not only acted illegally in regards to our room, they lied about the distance to the other hotel. I have never felt so deceived! They had no regard for our family, our time, our vacation, or the $1000 we were to spend on their room. Do NOT trust Mariott! My husband has promised to contact our attorney in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here during a business retreat. The rooms were lovely with a wonderful view of the lake. We were treated to a hour massage. Let me tell you that was the best massage I have ever had. The staff are friendly and attentive. I would recommend this place to anyone especially the spa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Evergreen Marriott is beautiful. Upon entering the property, you see a very well maintained, nicely landscaped entrance. We noticed workers outside busy keeping things nice. The property looked very clean on the outside, so first impression here was great! We took advantage of a weekend getaway package which included our room, two day entrance tickets to Stone Mountain park and breakfast in the hotel. We arrived fairly early so we could take advantage of the park for most of the day. Upon entering the lobby you are greeted by bell hops waiting to anxiously assist you in any way. The lobby was beautifully decorated with several Christmas trees and a nice fire going in the fire place. The lobby is extremely impressive. The staff behind the counter were very professional and friendly. Even though it was so early, they said our room was ready and the weekend package with the tickets, etc., worked smoothly. We had requested a King size bed, but unfortunately there wasn't anymore available. We setteled for two double beds, which worked out okay. The hallways leading to the rooms are wide and very clean. Our room was beautifully decorated and very clean. The two double beds had upgraded linens and a comforter. The room consisted of a nice size desk and a comfy chair in the corner. We also had a large flat screen television. The dresser under the tv had plenty of storage space for clothing, etc., along with a safe in the cabinet. The room also consisted of a small bar area that included a coffee pot and fridge. The closet had two double floor to ceiling mirrors along with an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was large and had plenty of vanity space. The tub and shower were a good size and the toiletries given were very fragrant bath and body works products. Our room had a balcony with two chairs and a table outside. What a breathtaking view of the trees and lake. You could sit on the balcony for hours and let your cares drift away. If there was one flaw in the room it was that the balcony door made a large squeek when opened or closed. This wasn't just the case with our door, we could hear other doors around us. The balcony is very private and you can't see your neighbors from any angle. Very nice for sitting out in the morning in your robe with your coffee. During the winter months the hotel does not offer a shuttle to Stone Mountain, but it's a short drive over to the park. There also is a $10 fee upon entering the park that is required by everyone, even if you are just staying at the hotel. Hotel parking is free. I'm not sure if internet service is free, but they did provide computers in the lobby complete with printers, that helped us for the following days directions.

The hotel is very large. It also consists of a starbucks coffee shop that sells coffee, bagels, danish and lite lunch items that are pre-made. We only purchased a coffee here and the service was excellent, as well as the coffee.

There's a full size restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. These are all done buffet style and I'll write a separate review on this location. It's called "Waterside", I believe. There's also a sports bar on the lower level that serves lunch and dinner and evening snacks. I believe they sell a variety of sandwhiches and entrees much like bar type food. The bar has two billard tables and several televisions throughout to watch your favorite game.

The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool. Both are heated. We saw many people utilizing the outdoor pool well into the evening and you could see steam coming off the water, so I'm sure it was plenty warm enough. There were 3 or 4 firepits with comfy chairs around each one. You could take your cocktail outside and enjoy the firepit in the evening.

There is also a spa at this hotel, but we didn't use this service.

This is a great hotel for a weekend getaway. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I visited stone mountain for the weekend and stayed at this Marriott. It was a peaceful retreat with wonderful views and many activities. The rooms are average size but as usual the beds were very comfortable. The restaurant serves an excellent breakfast buffet. The sports bar had mediocre service but was busy with Christmas party members who kept coming in for drinks and actually did a round of shots at one point. The front desk employee informed us that the restaurant stayed open until 11 however it does close at 10 so if you have kids, eat earlier or grab something so you don't have to be in the sports bar. Not kid friendly in my opinion. Overall the hotel, grounds, and staff were all very nice. I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed December 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here on the night before and of Thanksgiving 2012. The hotel is very nice - high level of service for the price. Our room was good - not big but definitely clean and well furnished. We swam and did some hot tubbing, also - very pleasant. The breakfast at the restaurant was really good, as was our Thanksgiving dinner. The only complaint is lack of free wifi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chapin, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The family visited Stone Mountain Nov. 30 through Dec. 2. The Evergreen was very nice, particularly in the public areas. We had a nice view of the lake (every room has a balcony/veranda), and the staff were kind and helpful.

We scored a deal on Priceline, but I can honestly say that the published rates seem about right for this property. I also commend the staff at the Evergreen for not treating us differently since we had booked through Priceline. We have seen that at other properties.

On the negative side, the layout of the Stone Mountain park made it is a little difficult to get to/from the resort from town, but the management of the hotel have nothing to do with that. On-site dining was available, but we avoided it due to the extra expense. I can only imagine that the food would be good as well. Everything else seemed to be well done.

I would highly recommend the Evergreen to others.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the Stone Mountain side, but even the lake view is nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I actually arrived on Nov 30 & stayed the entire weekend. There were a tremendous amount of people staying there on this weekend, but it didn't interfere with my plans. From the time I drove through Stone Mountain entrance until I reached my room, I was in awe...not what I expected, but pleased. The staff was very friendly & eager to make my stay enjoyable. I felt welcomed & warm. There's soooo many things to do, I was unable to engage in it all, but I got the rest I so desperately needed. That just means I have to go back & finish my vacation. Yes, I will return to this location anytime I'm in the area & suggest everyone have @least 1 experience. The only down side was that I had to check out. Hahahaa. My sincere thanks to ALL the staff...from the door men to the front desk, the housekeeping staff, waiters & all who worked in every restaurant. OMGOODNESS...THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks again & see you soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of the lake & very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!