“Peaceful retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Peaceful retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited stone mountain for the weekend and stayed at this Marriott. It was a peaceful retreat with wonderful views and many activities. The rooms are average size but as usual the beds were very comfortable. The restaurant serves an excellent breakfast buffet. The sports bar had mediocre service but was busy with Christmas party members who kept coming in for drinks and actually did a round of shots at one point. The front desk employee informed us that the restaurant stayed open until 11 however it does close at 10 so if you have kids, eat earlier or grab something so you don't have to be in the sports bar. Not kid friendly in my opinion. Overall the hotel, grounds, and staff were all very nice. I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here on the night before and of Thanksgiving 2012. The hotel is very nice - high level of service for the price. Our room was good - not big but definitely clean and well furnished. We swam and did some hot tubbing, also - very pleasant. The breakfast at the restaurant was really good, as was our Thanksgiving dinner. The only complaint is lack of free wifi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chapin, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The family visited Stone Mountain Nov. 30 through Dec. 2. The Evergreen was very nice, particularly in the public areas. We had a nice view of the lake (every room has a balcony/veranda), and the staff were kind and helpful.

We scored a deal on Priceline, but I can honestly say that the published rates seem about right for this property. I also commend the staff at the Evergreen for not treating us differently since we had booked through Priceline. We have seen that at other properties.

On the negative side, the layout of the Stone Mountain park made it is a little difficult to get to/from the resort from town, but the management of the hotel have nothing to do with that. On-site dining was available, but we avoided it due to the extra expense. I can only imagine that the food would be good as well. Everything else seemed to be well done.

I would highly recommend the Evergreen to others.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the Stone Mountain side, but even the lake view is nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I actually arrived on Nov 30 & stayed the entire weekend. There were a tremendous amount of people staying there on this weekend, but it didn't interfere with my plans. From the time I drove through Stone Mountain entrance until I reached my room, I was in awe...not what I expected, but pleased. The staff was very friendly & eager to make my stay enjoyable. I felt welcomed & warm. There's soooo many things to do, I was unable to engage in it all, but I got the rest I so desperately needed. That just means I have to go back & finish my vacation. Yes, I will return to this location anytime I'm in the area & suggest everyone have @least 1 experience. The only down side was that I had to check out. Hahahaa. My sincere thanks to ALL the staff...from the door men to the front desk, the housekeeping staff, waiters & all who worked in every restaurant. OMGOODNESS...THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks again & see you soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of the lake & very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family met here for Thanksgiving because it was centrally located between all of us and offered a lot of attractions for the weather. We had 14 all together: 3 married couples (in 30s's and 40's) with children (ages 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 14, 22) and one grandfather in his 60's. The facility is gorgeous, extremely clean, friendly service and high quality. We stayed in suite 202 where we all gathered in the family room before outings/evenings. My family of 5 slept in the back bedroom comfortably, it was very spacious. The pack-n-play fit in the bathroom it was so big and offered quiet, dark sleeping. Grandfather stayed in an adjoining room and my two brothers stayed just a couple of rooms down to give them privacy. During the day we swam in the pools (heated nicely), visited Stone Mountain (reviews posted for the attractions separately) explored outside and in the evenings we enjoyed the fire pits, swam more (mostly in the 3 hot tubs) and played life-sized chess/checkers. We purchased a movie package so we rented movies and ordered room-service. The food for room service was very cost-effective and great quality.
For service, the bellhops (mandatory) were very respectful, knowledgeable and friendly. The front staff was always available and friendly (and I was picky about our accommodations).The operator was a joy every time I called with questions.
For room service, we ordered and would recommend: pizza (pepperoni was better than the plain cheese), chicken fingers, penne pasta, big chef salad, homemade chips/dip, artichoke dip/chips, and fries.
For Thanksgiving, we ate at the hotel buffet and while the lack of (being told we needed) reservations almost left us stranded, the manager worked it out for us and it was an amazing, delicious meal with SUPER service from Ying.
There are two inconveniences to be aware of with this hotel:
- One of them isn't their fault, but there are no places to purchase drinks or food within a reasonable distance from the hotel. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing bottled waters, drinks, breakfast foods and snacks for your stay. All the rooms have a small refrigerator and the suites had small microwaves. We ran out of quarters for the drink machine and I refused to pay $3 for the bottled water in the room. There is a wal-mart about 15 mins away that had the essentials, but we should have gone there before checking into the hotel.
- The second inconvenience was the hotel room doors. They would slam shut automatically and you could hear them many rooms away. We opted to leave a shoe in our door during the day so the children couldn't slam the doors. Especially with a napping toddler, it became a real nuisance.

Overall, this hotel was beautiful, clean, trustworthy, and personable and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a long weekend getaway. My sister-in-law and nephew went to the spa for massages and raved about the service, so I rated it excellent below. The reflection of the lake's blue waters, shimmering beneath the tree tops was a view I won't forget for decades!!

Room Tip: even rooms have a better view, even the second floor is gorgeous overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Absolutely brilliant hotel in wonderful surroundings with very attentive and observant staff. We have been staying there for the past fifteen years - always for a few days, it is so peaceful and relaxing, you just do not want to leave!! Also, the breakfast buffet is superb, the servers very friendly and efficient and it is always a pleasure to return to this oasis, just 45 minutes away from Atlanta airport!! If you enjoy golf, the facilities are great, two superb golf courses and the clubhouse has a very good restaurant!

Room Tip: Try to get a rooms with lake view!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I attended a retreat here on Nov.9th-11th,2012. The resort is amazing. It's location in Stone Mountain Park is an area of seclusion, If you want a little Get A Way, this is the place to be.
I had a room with a lake view from my balcony (sweet) . The staff was very helpful and friendly.
For you Starbucks fan, there is a Starbucks in the lobby. The views from the hall ways over
looks the courtyards were you will see a large cheese game, whirlpool (that is heated) , pool and
a fire pit. The fire pit at night is lovely to look at , it adds a little touch of romance to the courtyard
at night. I enjoyed my nice comfortable bed. In the bathroom you will find Bath N Body Works
Aromatherapy Orange Ginger energizing items. :)
My meals at The Waterside restaurant was great.
Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!