We landed a groupon deal for the spa at Evergreen and were SO excited to get the facial and hot stone or pedi and hot stone massage for such a great price. Booking was a breeze and they seemed so accommodating. HOWEVER, the ONLY reason I give this review no less than 2 stars is the price we paid via groupon. We most definitely feel that we were treated like second class/groupon customers. 30 minutes before our appointment (mind you, you're asked to show up 15 minutes prior to the appointment) we get phoned to be told "We're running 30 minutes behind, can you just show up 30 minutes later?" We stated we were already minutes out so no, we'll just wait. It did not appear that there were customers being seen prior to us, but rather that one of the service providers was running late; we can't verify the reason for the delay though, that's only an opinion. When we booked we made it abundantly clear, REPEATEDLY, via email that we wanted her facial and his pedi to be done simultaneously THEN have the massage. The lady that booked us "forgot" this detail when we changed our appointment about two weeks out so we were rudely handled and left with no choice but to have our appointment done in the opposite order we requested. Our massages were great. He was happy with his pedi, but her facial leveled out at mediocre when the SPA MANAGER/esthetician concluded by leaving several large chunks of the pumpkin mask on her face and calling it done. She left A to clean up and A was forced to find another esthetician to provide a rag to scrub off the chunks of mask left on even after cleansing and moisturizing. Because the services ended at different times J paid and went to have a drink while waiting. A handled the tipping and barely discovered J's estheticians were already tipped, per the manager's admittance that she had already been tipped for the massage and A need not tip. The same young lady that "forgot" the booking requests was content to let J's pedi esthetician take a double tip until A requested the 2nd tip back. Overall, we would NEVER recommend anyone spending their money with this spa, even if it was with groupon/at a discount. The ladies do NOT have good business practice together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort with conference center located at Stone Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Marriott Hotel Stone Mountain
- Evergreen Marriott Conference Hotel
- Marriott Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Marriott