“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Golfing, Camping, Hiking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stone Mountain Park is Georgia's most visited attraction, drawing nearly 4 million guests each year. With over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together, while experiencing an exciting variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation. It's home to the worlds largest LaserShow Spectacular, tons of attractions, two championship golf courses, a campground and two Mariott hotels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Boston, Massachusetts
38 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2005

I went camping at stone mountain. The grounds were nice, and we were right by the lake.
The "crossroads" is a bit on the cheesy side, but still fun. Kids will enjoy the Barn enormously. The 4-D theater is OK, worth going into.
The hike up stone mountain is great! If you don't think you can handle the climb, take the skylift. The views are amazing.
Oh, and dont forget the laser show!

Athens, Alabama
182 attraction reviews
“Christmas Celebration- No Big Deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2004

My family of 3 visited on 12/11/04 for the Christmas celebration. We arrived around 10:00 AM that morning and found that all the attractions and shops were open but none of the Christmas events began until 4:00 PM but that wasn't a problem since there is enough to do in the park to keep you busy for the day. The Christmas decorations were very well done with lots of lights and ornamentation. The live shows were pretty lame- even my 9 year old son didn't lke them. The 4-D theatre christmas show was pretty boring too. In fact, of all the 4-D shows like this we've seen this was the worst. We found the food and souvenir prices to be reasonable. We especially enjoyed the meal at Miss Katie's Sideboard Restaurant. My son really enjoyed playing in The Barn and it was a nice place to get in out of the cold. The Christmas laser show is no comparison to the usual summer show but it was nice and we all enjoyed it. We rode the train earlier in the day and were glad we had because the line was very long after dark but that also meant we didn't get to see the Christmas lights they had along the loop after dark. The top of the mountain is not for people who are afraid of heights but the view was not to be missed. My son and wife were very apprehensive the whole time we were on the top. According to my son the highlight of the day was the bonfire (actually a small campfire) where you could purchase smores kits and hot dogs for roasting. Beware the thick metal rods they provide for roasting and toasting as they get very hot and hold their heat a long time. We avoided any burned fingers or hands. We were cold and tired before the laser/firworks finale and left the park around 8:00 PM for a nice warm hotel room. Unfortunately we missed the petting zoo, the paddlewheel boat ride and the car museum due to a lack of time. All in all it was a pleasant experience but I'm not sure I wouldn't just as soon visit during warm weather and see the really good laser show. The Christmas celebration is an OK one time thing but we wouldn't go back.

“"wow"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2004

My husband and I just got back from stone mountain park. The lazor show was great! I would recommend a day at stone mountain for anyone.

Scottsville, Ky
“Nice place with a little cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

Stone Mountain Park is a beautiful park with two very nice championship golf courses and immaculate kept grounds. We stayed at the Evergreen Marriott and, though pricey, is a wonderful place that pampers you in many ways. The outdoor pool is large with soothing music playing and even featured some live music on Friday of our stay. It has an outdoor and indoor pool and hot tub. Evergreen is a very relaxing place.

Now to the cheese. The attractions at Stone Mountain are little on the cheesy side but are fun in their own way. They seem to target children and our son had a great time at the Tree House Challenge and the Great Barn. The 4D theater was neat but the train ride was, well, a train ride. Nothing special there. The minature golf course had not been updated since, oh, about 1975 it seemed. It was really ratty.

However, the Laser show is a must see. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

One very large word of warning: don't eat at the Georgia Railroad Burger Company. That had to be the worst hamburger I have ever eaten. Not sure it was beef but whatever it was it should be avoided at all cost.

All in all, I would recommend Stone Mountain, especially for camping although I don't have any details on this since we didn't camp. However the grounds looked very nice. If you're in the area visit this nice park and read more about it on their website.

Miami, FL
32 attraction reviews
“Don't waste more money after parking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2004

Went to this park on our last day in Atlanta last week. I had read a few brochures and been on the website so i thought I knew what to expect and see. Well to start it costs $7 to park, which I thought was a bit high at first. Then luckily there was a price break cuz of some things being closed. (Paid $28 and this was reduced price for two people) Mainly the sky lift was closed...big bummer. Anyway the Tall Tales theater was pretty nice and kool. We did the stuff that was open and it was all just ok. The best thing in this park is the Classic Car and Antique museum. If the admission was worth anything it was going into this place it was kool, i give that place a 10++. Other than that , the park itself is no big deal. What I recommned is paying the $7 to park and then walking around, because you dont need a ticket except to get into the atrractions, otherwise the place is open air. The carving itself is magnificent. Definetely not to miss carving. Also, nothing was open to eat except the burger place and with not too long of a line it took over 20 minutes to get our food. then another 5 or so to get our drinks from the very slow staff. Horrible service and VERY overpriced food. Like I said, the thing to do is pay to park (which for all the money we spent there now seems cheap) and then walk to the lawn area and look at the carving. Otherwise stay clear of the regularly $23 per adult to go into places. Also watch out for the masses of kids on fieldtrips there. Maybe we just went at a bad time of year or something. Hopefully you all have a better experience.