“Better than your average local Mexican Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 97 restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Atlanta, Georgia
“Better than your average local Mexican Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

While there are some of the same old same old menu items, there are many more unique, and uniquely flavorful items that Put this several cuts above. The Carne asada is especially delicious .

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decor is the only authentic thing about this place...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I rarely give poor reviews unless the establishment really deserved it. Rico's in Stockbridge, Georgia is one of those deserving ones. I've eaten here a total of four times. The first time, it was a new experience so I overlooked all of the issues this place had. The second and third time I came to dine and was disappointed with the quality of food and service. The fourth time I visited this establishment was my last.

I order a very pricey jalepeno cheese dip, only to recieve regular cheese dip with HUGE chunks of jalepenos poorly chopped into it. When I say chunks, I mean CHUNKS... seeds, white casings, the works. I was highly disappointed, and the nice waiter could see my displeasure! But did he offer me anything in replace of this distastful dip? Absolutely not! I feel that if you're a waiter/waitress and you see noticiable displeasure on your customer's face, you should do whatever you need to do to rectify the situation. But I wasn't given the pleasure...

That was just the chips and dip. I ordered an entree, which was OK. Nothing to be excited about. I ate, and vowed never to return. Never!

It seems that the only thing that Rico's Stockbridge Georgia is good for is the bar.

Oh, and another thing... If you are going to have just ONE bathroom per gender, make sure that the bathrooms are CLEANED around the clock. It was absolutely disgusting in the women's bathroom, I would hate to think what the men's bathroom looked like.

That was the deal breaker. I'm sorry but, I feel that if an establishment can't keep their bathrooms clean, I wonder what the kitchen looks like!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta GA
“Consistently Crappy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very simple interior and friendly employees; however, this is where the pleasantries end. We dined at Rico's in 2005 and found it not worthy of a return visit. Because there are plenty of cars in the lot, in 2013 we decided to return in the hope that the food improved. Our table ordered salmon tacos, steak and chicken fajitas, and cheese nachos. The salmon was beyond dry, and the steak and chicken were absolutely flavorless. The nachos were fine—then again, how hard is it to please a 12 year old? Our waitress did abandon our table for a large beer-drinking party that would, no doubt, offer a larger tip. We called over a replacement waiter who was very friendly, and we did not skimp on his tip. When the cashier asked if we enjoyed our meal, I told her the truth. Fool me once, shame on you—fool me twice, Rico's still sucks!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Best service I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Been going there for five years now, but we were made to feel like family from the very first visit. Food is good and, sometimes, they will ask you if you'd mind trying something special that they're working on in the kitchen. The margaritas are the best in the area, in my opinion.

I understand that Mexican restaurants get stereotyped as all being the same. Rico's is different.

• Visited February 2013