“What's For Breakfast, Denman?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Statesboro Inn

Statesboro Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Statesboro
Statesboro Inn
106 South Main, Statesboro, GA 30458   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“What's For Breakfast, Denman?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We've stated close to 10 times and loved each one. Rooms 41 and 42 are the favorites for us. We often bring our dog and there is a small fenced yard for her. Breakfast is great; Denman is the manager, owner, breakfast maker, and tour guide... His staff is wonderful, the grounds always clean and the rooms are old fashioned, romantic, special....

If you are there for a wedding, use the Stateboro Inn, if you are there just for an overnight trip, use the Statesbor Inn, if you are there to celebrate a special time in your live, use the Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms 41, 42 are in the house to the left of the check in. We've stated in all three of the loc...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stopped by on a wednesday evening and was given my choice of bedrooms. I took a hot shower and slept very well. I was comfortable, safe and happy. I had been riding my motorcycle for many miles so stopping here and getting in bed was all that I wanted.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious. The people are friendly and nice. it is like being at home.

Room Tip: All rooms were nice and cozy..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Lakewood Ranch, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I traveled to Statesboro for a 2 night business trip on April 19th. I researched hotels and was limited to the Federal per diem. My options looked bleak - most for this price were 2 or 3 star 3-story box hotels with no character.

The Statesboro Inn was wonderful. I had the whole house to myself which probably helped. In my room, 27, you shared the thermostat with 4 other rooms. And you are in an old house which means you probably can hear people in adjacent rooms and in other parts of the house. But like I said, I was the only one in the main house. Room 27 had a screened in porch which is really nice. I had it open for a fresh breeze and it overlooks trees. The grounds of the Inn are very nice.

Two things to note.....no ironing board but I am sure that I could get one if I asked and you can hear noise from the room, particularly for the rooms in front. In 27, not much of an issue unless the back door was open.

Both breakfasts were awesome - fresh fruit, quiche, eggs, bacon, sausage. The owner is very pleasant.

There is a nice jogging trail in town. Also, there is a nice wine and beer store on South Main on the right as you head away from the Statesboro Inn. And I ate at the Caribbean Feast two nights in a row. Great jerk chicken, rice, beans, and plantains.

All in all - I was very pleased with the Statesboro Inn for its character, great breakfast, and comfort.

Room Tip: Room 27 has a porch and sofa. Get rooms in the back to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Woodbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I loved our overnight stay here! It was our first stop in Georgia on our way to his Naval Academy "Florida Come-Around" in Jacksonville, Florida. The owner made us feel very welcomed and invited us to select our room from three large beautifully appointed quiet rooms - even one with its own private porch. Each room is very customized to a traveller's wish list for the perfect night on the road. Despite his busy day ahead with wedding guests, he opened the kitchen early and served us a delicious breakfast. Definitely want to return. Best night's sleep since leaving our Connecticut home 20 days ago. Thank you so much...Merci beaucoup! Hope to return with friends.

Room Tip: Make sure and ask him for restaurant recommendations. Sent us to the local Mexican restaurant "...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had attended a conference at the Statesboro Inn many years ago and was struck by its Victorian charm, central location, and general comfort. I highly recommend it as a B&B with the authentic air of a grand Victorian (since it is one) and the traveling conveniences of any typical, bland Interstate stop. The breakfast was solid and tasty and it had the feel of visiting a revered old Aunt's "town" home. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Statesboro Inn is a B&B in the center of town with wonderfully comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast. The host was helpful and eager to give hints about where to have dinner . There is evidently a restaurant in the house but it is not operating right now.
The building itself is a grand old Victorian, being gently cared for but not modernized out of existence. We felt fortunate to happen upon the Inn when cruising the town finding only standard issue motels, and would go out of our way to visit again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was my first visit to the Inn, but NOT my last! I was traveling alone and wanted to stay at a place where I felt the facility would be safe, comfortable and clean. The inn met all of my requirements plus some more. The historic nature of the inn and its Brannen House were interesting and the decor was very quaint. The management told me that all of the inn is being updated and refreshed and I could see that was definitely the case. My breakfast was generous and filling. The management was courteous and very attentive. I'll be back!

Room Tip: All guest rooms in the Main House and in the "Back Building" are on the second floor. If y...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Statesboro Inn? Share your experiences!