“BLOODY BLANKETS AND NASTY TOWELS” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Statesboro

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Statesboro to your Saves list
Knights Inn Statesboro
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 South Main Street, Statesboro, GA 30458 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Statesboro
Manchester, Tennessee
“BLOODY BLANKETS AND NASTY TOWELS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

my husband and I stayed here on 10/10/13 till 10/12/13. when we first got there I showed him where I had booked the room at book.com for 2 nights it cost me 120.00 here I am thinking like I was told on book.com it had a hot tube, well the long drive I did alone I thought I would relax in the hot tub so I called the front desk and he said we have no hot tub and pool only open sometimes(that was the first lie) when we walked in the room to put our stuff down I happen to look down on the spread and seen lots of BLOOD on it and the bed looked like someone had just slep in it. I called the office and he gave us the joining room 111 next door, we went inside there and it stunk and I turned the ac on and it ran all night while we went out by 4am the room was hotter inside than the outside, so I called the office the next morning and the man came down and asked us was we going out that day and we said yes he said while we were out he would get someone to come and check on it. the man not knowing we just went across the street to watch him, all he did was go back into the room and place the cover back over the ac unit. but it still didn't cool that night either or any other night. we was going to take a shower and I seen the towels and they were brown/black not white like they should have been so I sent my husband to get some more towels those looked white as cotton. ok the next night someone rented the joining room 112 that we had at first and all they did that night was beat on that joining door all night. the only thing I seen for breakfast that was good was the coffee, the waffles looked like they had been setting out all night the milk was hot as well. the carpet in the room was nasty and very smelly. and when we moved to the new rm 111 from 112 I moved the nightstand and found some drugs, now if housekeeping was cleaning the rooms like they should I should have not found someone drugs. im sorry but I will not be staying at this hotel any more and don't no one else should either. also while we stayed there I had gotten bits on my legs from something not sure what they were but that hotel will never get my business at all.

Room Tip: there is not restaurant in the hotel, nor fitness center, hot tub or swimming pool. the rooms have t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Statesboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel when we were getting our house exterminated. We got a nonsmoking room that had clearly been smoked in, but besides that, it looked clean. Until later in the night. We kept finding cockroaches, giant cockroaches, and I wouldn't let my 4 month old sleep in those conditions. Irony, huh? But we checked out at midnight and went to the Baymont up the road. The room there was much better and only 9 dollars more a night. I called the next day to get a refund but it was nearly impossible. The owner, Mr. Patel, wouldn't refund more than half, and that was after I called corporate headquarters three times. There is junk thrown on the side of the building and the pool was closed all summer. I would have hoped that for $91 a night that service would have been better. I hope they use the money they refused to give us back for a good exterminator. Do not bring your families here, you will be sleeping with cockroaches.

• Stayed September 2013
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was working in Statesboro, GA, and had the pleasure of visiting the Knights Inn. The person at the reception desk in the lobby was very helpful and considerate, and made me feel welcome and truly an appreciated guest. The rooms were tastefully decorated and CLEAN!! Definitely a place I will want to come back to when working in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Barnesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were in town to move our daughter into GSU and booked the reservation many weeks prior as we did not know how crowded the area would be. The hotel was clean, the bedding soft and clean also. The hotel was older but that was fine we were only there to sleep. The breakfast was filling and free which saved us a few dollars. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel has a well lit parking lot and was very quiet. I felt it was a good value.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JJGeorgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am a very, very picky motel/hotel person and where I stay is very important to me. I stayed at the Knights Inn on 8/16 and 8/17 while moving my son into college and it was the perfect location, right across the street from GA Southern, near many restaurants. The room was clean, there were plenty of outlets, the tv and light and air conditioner worked just fine and the bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up. There are no clocks or coffe makers in the rooms, but there is a microwave and a refrigerator. Everything worked just fine. It is in a safe place. The towels did not feel like sandpaper. The breakfast is the bare minimum (small bagels, waffles, cereal, packaged grits, juices and coffee) - but hey, it was free! Check in was fast and easy. I will stay here again when visiting my son at college.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
se ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Two of my children and I were in town for a family funeral, and wanted only sleep after 19 hours on the road. We had three hours to sleep before we had to be at the church. No time to be picky, but this place made me actually consider switching. Wish I had.

We weren't asking much. Adequate towels would have been nice. Towels without what appeared to be blood stains would have been nice. Pillows with any fluff left would have been nice. Hot water would have been nice. No bugs would have been great. The hole in the wall wasn't necessary. It would have been nice if housekeeping had actually visited the room after we left for the funeral and made up the beds and given us fresh towels.

Lamps need light bulbs to actually work. Don't think that they have figured this out.

Interestingly enough, they said when we arrived that they were not going to charge us for 2 nights, as we actually arrived very early in the morning (6:45am) for our first night, clearly having missed most of the night. Good trick. The room was prepaid for two nights, but they planned on charging us for the second night on top of the prepay.

Whoever said that this hotel was clean must have gotten the one room that housekeeping visited. It was nasty. Room smelled horrid.

For heaven's sake, stay away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE DIRT AND THE POSSIBILITY OF DEATH! I wanted to save my company money on my business trip so I decided to stay at this hotel. When I first walked in I saw stains EVERYWHERE; on the curtains on the bed on the pillows on the floor I mean everywhere. I went in and started trying to turn on lights but for some reason none but the one by the door worked, I assumed that they had bad bulbs. I promptly but my luggage on the luggage rack and stripped all the sheets and blankets off the bed. I inspected and thankfully found no bugs but based on how gross the room looked I kept my luggage on the rack far away from anything fabric. Then, I decided to do some work and take my mind off the room, I looked and looked and found NO power outlets in the room except for the outlet my microwave and TV are plugged into. So, I unplugged the microwave and stretched my computer cord to the bed (it almost didn't make it); now I know why the lights don't work- No plugs for power. When I was looking for the plug I pulled the furniture away rom the wall and found used tissues, cereal, playing cards, dirt, condom wrapper; this room was not cleaned! I was looking around and realized that the fire alarm had been removed so if the place burns down I have comfort to know I will die in my sleep. The window has no screen but the room was so HOT I had to open the window. Unfortunately when I went to open the window I realized the lock is not really a lock and can be jiggled open from the outside (with no screen this means someone can crawl in, it is a big enough hole for me to get through, I know I tried). As a summary DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It is unsafe, GROSS (I had a blanket and pillow in my car I used to sleep with), and obviously the place for degenerates and drug addicts. I travel ALOT for work and will NEVER EVRER stay here again and frankly I am never going to stay in a Windham Hotel either b/c they should never let it get this bad!

Room Tip: How to choose a good room: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Statesboro? Share your experiences!