“Great food, slow if polite service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 130 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: American
Statesboro, Georgia
“Great food, slow if polite service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I love Steak and Shake. They have great choices in burgers that always taste delicious. They also have great shakes. However, It always seems to take longer than it should. My daughter didn't get her kids' shake until AFTER the meal came. Why? Because the drive-through bumps the line for shakes. That's a mistake, especially in the case of kids.

This is a relatively new location. I think they may have built it a little small, and it's always a bit chaotic in there. Still, I'd go back, but I wish they'd have or man two shake stations. Otherwise, I'm going to start calling ahead to order the kids' shakes.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hazlehurst, Georgia
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We tood our baseball team here.. The staff handled our group very well with accuracy and speedy service.. The food was very good...

Visited July 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Where's the beef??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never been to a Steak and Shake restaurant but had heard that they were very good. So when one opened in our town I was anxious to try. I was VERY disappointed. The photos of the hamburgers looked like a single would be plenty. However when I got the bun I was hard pressed to find any meat in there. They press the small cube of mean into such a thin patty that it had holes in it making it look like a meat doillie!!! My advise - DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Dirty place with insane wait times and uncaring staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the way home and had good expectations from other steak and shakes we had been too .The place looked newer outside.Upon entering the floor was filthy and no one was trying to clean it.Our server pointed at a dirty table and proceeded to half way wipe it down.We hesitantly sat just hoping the food was better .after about 5 minutes we ordered and our server took the menus.We noticed a couple sitting near us that looked very unhappy .we overheard them talking and they said they had been waiting just for someone to take their order for over 30 minutes.This was crazy since the place was not crowded at all.After another 30 minutes we got our food which was ok but not great .My daughter noticed a hair on her fry plate midway into eating them and I dropped one on the floor only to notice a dead cockroach at my feet.I was so mad and wanted to complain but our server was too busy talking to check on us .She blatanly ignored us and others.We could see the cooks standing around talking too instead of working.
I think by the time the other couple got their food an hour had past.Before checkout we stopped at restrooms and it was filthy as well.No one had cleaned anything properly for awhile.Again at checkout we wanted to complain but the cashier who seemed apathetic barely wanted to give us our receipt,probably because he knew we would call the corporate office like anyone should .We have photos that the health department should see and make this place clean up their act! Disgusting ! Eat somewhere else even your family is starving.

• Visited June 2013