“Delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The 40 East Grill continues to provide Statesboro with excellent food and service while offering our guests a clean and relaxing atmosphere with a flair of southern charm. Our restaurant was designed to give our customers the sense of being in downtown Savannah without having to drive 50 minutes south. With frequent live music, nightly food specials, and happy hour specials, the 40 East Grill provides a refreshing get away from the ordinary. The 40 East Grill menu contains a fusion of local products and high quality ingredients. The Lunch and Dinner menu offers selections that can accommodate a wide variety of needs and expectations. Join us at the 40 East Grill downtown for the best that Statesboro has to offer.
Acworth
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had the ribeye & it was a little salty & fatty but very good. My husband had the low country boil which he said was delicious but it was kind of a small bowl, he definitely could've eaten another bowl. They were out of 3 different beers my husband ordered which seemed odd, 1 being Stella in the bottle, another Yeungling draft. The waitress said they had a busy night the previous night. You'd think they'd restock for a Saturday night. Nice atmosphere. Calamari yummy so were the sides!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hinesville, Georgia
“Nice Atmosphere - Poor Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by my hotel. The atmosphere was casual and quaint, but the food was not good at all. Ordered the she crab soup that claimed it had crab meat on top. It ended up a thick paste like attempt with no crab. Ordered then a Caprese salad which is supposed to have fresh mozzerella with balsamic dressing. The cheese used was a mystery as it was hard in texture and didn't even closely resemble mozzerlla. Sat at the bar where service was rushed and not attentive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Georgia
“Cute downtown restaurant, average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Visited Friday afternoon for a late lunch with two friends. Service was friendly, decor was cute, menus and silverware are held together by clothespins. I ordered strawberry salad with crab cake added (based on trip advisor review of the crab cakes). The salad was very good. The crab cake was fried black on the bottom and made of heavily spiced claw meat. I was disappointed. My friends both ordered the special, shrimp po' boys. Bread was good, shrimp were fried hard as little rocks. One friend ordered the she crab soup and deemed it creamy with adequate amounts of crab ~Not the best, not the worst.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Statesboro, Georgia
“Best in the Boro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had dinner here just the other night and it was amazing! I had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and they were delicious and a very large portion. My wife had the Chicken Pot Pie and the pastry on top was warm and freshly baked. Everybody in our group of six were very pleased with their meal. Our server was very knowledgeable about wine and really had great recommendations. We will definitely be back!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stephen M, General Manager at 40 East Grill, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for supporting our great downtown restaurant. Please tell all of your friends about your great experience and we hope to see you in again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Stephen Maenpaa
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had heard great things about this place. My husband and I went for our 24th anniversary and were very disappointed. Neither of our over priced dinners had much flavor. I had crab cakes (the $26 special of the day). There was no flavor or crunch!! My husband had the low country boil. It was like a can of tomato soup with 3 shrimp and 3 scallop added. The service was poor as well. Just a bunch of college kids that spent more time in the kitchen talking to each other than checking on their customers. We will NOT be back.

• Visited July 2013