“This place is amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 133 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The 40 East Grill continues to provide Statesboro with excellent food and service while offering our guests a clean and relaxing atmosphere with a flair of southern charm. Our restaurant was designed to give our customers the sense of being in downtown Savannah without having to drive 50 minutes south. With frequent live music, nightly food specials, and happy hour specials, the 40 East Grill provides a refreshing get away from the ordinary. The 40 East Grill menu contains a fusion of local products and high quality ingredients. The Lunch and Dinner menu offers selections that can accommodate a wide variety of needs and expectations. Join us at the 40 East Grill downtown for the best that Statesboro has to offer.
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
“This place is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We especially like the bar area in the back, where you can get all the regular food on the menu. Try the mushroom bruschetta and the shrimp! Great cocktails, bartenders, and atmosphere. We go every chance we get.

• Visited December 2012

Saxapahaw, North Carolina
“Terrific dinner and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I found myself on a Monday night in Statesboro, GA in early Nov 2012. There was a new restaurant in town and it was open on a Monday night: 40 East Grill. Really good chicken pot pie is not an easy-to-do dish, so I ordered it as a "test." It was truly excellent, as was the "small house salad," the service, the wine. The sauce in the pot pie was flavorful, soft and creamy, smooth; lots of chicken (even a few pieces of dark meat, which I prefer); the veggies were "al dente," the puff pastry was very flaky and flavorful. I quite enjoyed myself and if I return to Statesboro, I shall return to 40 East Grill.

• Visited November 2012
Brooklet, Georgia
“Pleasant and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Enjoyed very courteous service in the evening. Family oriented with 2 tables that did have small children and that was good to see. I ordered the shrimp appetizer as my meal and the crab soup to accompany that. They were both excellent. I LOVED the bread that came before the meal. Very tasty and decently priced! My daughter ordered the burger (gluten free-no bun) and fries and enjoyed that very much!

• Visited November 2012
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I dropped $100 and I felt like I got robbed. Not a good sign when the food comes out in less than 10 minutes. We ate one bite of Tuna Tartar appetizer and it was awful. My steak was okay. Vegetable and other sides all terrible. Crusted snapper, fair at best. Best item was the wine and they didn't make that. It would be a good idea for the cooks to sample the food they are serving.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great for dinner or lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Went with the hubby and a friend on Friday night. Excellent service, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Food is good and fresh, I had the ribeye and it was very tender and well seasoned. Lose the country music, it was blaring loud and doesn't quite fit with the atmosphere, that is really my only complaint!

• 4 of 5 stars Food