“Quality is the word” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Statesboro

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Statesboro to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Statesboro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 S Main St (Hwy 301), Statesboro, GA 30458-0723 (Formerly Ramada Inn Statesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Statesboro
Hurricane, West Virginia
“Quality is the word”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stay in all types of hotels and motels across the U S and have only been enticed to write a review on this place in the thirteen years I have worked on the road. The friendly professionality of all the staff at this facility is what impressed me the most. I tire at the attitude of most desk attendants that I'm bothering them, or they are doing me a favor by taking the time to check me into the hotel. I was greeted with a smile and it took barely three minutes to complete the process. Thank you for seeming to appreciate my business.

Room Tip: use Cisco internet connection instead of Quality
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were also in Statesboro for GSU Family weekend and stayed here because our "preferred" hotel was booked. There were some very nice about this place and some things that need attention. Nice things: staff very pleasant and friendly; room slightly above average size, clean; A/C worked very well; breakfast offering is very nice; the pool area was attractive and appealing although we didn't use the pool; the lobby has been refurbished in recent years and looks modern and attractive. Things that need attention: except for the lobby, breakfast room, and inside of our room, the place looks like a dump on the outside; it badly needs a scrub brush, paint and some TLC; some of the concrete walkways are crumbling and could even be considered a safety hazard. The prices were jacked way up for Family weekend but I'm sure all the hotels do this. At the normal price (which is $89 a night as I write this), it's a reasonable value but for the jacked up price ($139 during GSU Family weekend) it was a bit steep. Would I stay here again? Sure. The major stuff (cleanliness, comfort, staff attitude) was all good. But the place needs some TLC to the exterior.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our family recently stayed for two nights during GSU Family weekend. I have stayed in a few hotels in town and I knew this was an "older" property. It really was a nice stay with no problems. The rooms have been remodeled and is nothing fancy but it was clean. Beds were comfortable and the staff was very, very friendly and helpful. We had a good breakfast in the hotel on our way out of town the last day. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the courtyard and pool. There was a small fountain and it was nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sudbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for two nights for GSU Parent's Weekend. We have stayed at a few Statesboro hotels before, but this was our first time at the Quality Inn. Our first impression of the hotel was "OMG...are we really staying here?" But, despite the outside appearance as well as older TV and some fairly used pieces of furniture in this dated hotel, the room was kept very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water when you needed it. The room looked like it had been updated (carpet, tile floor, some bath fixtures, and bed) sometime recently. However, there were several holes in the walls and the flashing on the front door needed replacement. The outside stairways were quite filthy to our standards and the outside floors need to be painted or replaced. We didn't eat breakfast, so I cannot comment on that; however, we did enjoy the meal we had at Manny's restaurant. My husband was not very happy when he saw a palmetto bug (that's what we call them at our Florida home) outside of Manny's though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

It is an older property, but very clean and well maintained. That would have given it a four star in my book. But, the staff is what gets it a five. Everyone was nice, friendly, always a smile and a can do approach to servicing the guests. A great example is Chante, she checked us out, made sure our visit was pleasant and was just a joy to talk to. It is people like that, that will have me coming back and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Faiburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Cameron at front desk was especially accommodating and attentive to our concerns and needs. The room appeared to be recently remodeled and was very nice. Manny's next door was well worth with the stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Ocala, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beds very comfortable rooms nice and clean. Breakfast with waffles sausage biscuits yogurt cereal. However the train came through at 333AM and sounded like it was at my front door. (I did not even see the track when we checked in so I was surprised) This seems to be a hotel where many construction workers stay for work. They were up late drinking outside(10 pm and later). We had to ask them to quiet down and they did somewhat. Awakening in the morning they had left some beer bottles and cigarette trash by the pool which was still sitting there when we checked out about 10 or 11 am. I would stay here again but it would not be my first choice. I have not tried any of the other hotels nearby though

Room Tip: the diner also provides room service i did not try it out(open til 10PM), rooms by the pool noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christy S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Statesboro, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words regarding your breakfast experience and our room comfort and cleanliness. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the noise levels experienced on your recent visit. I am sorry fellow guests disturbed your evening hours and our staff failed to clean the area properly in a timely manner the following morning. I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. It is also rare for a train to come through during the night hours and was unfortunate that it disturbed you during the night. We sincerely value your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Statesboro.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Statesboro? Share your experiences!