“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Once again, we were not disappointed by this hotel. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are spacious and always clean. Breakfast is plentiful . We stay here each time we are visiting our son at school, and feel like we are at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our son is a student at GSU so we have had the opportunity to stay here a few times. The staff is always pleasant. The design of the rooms is very comfortable and dependably clean. The breakfast buffet is better than most hotels serve with plenty of selections.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kris H, General Manager at Springhill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Lafayette, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

It looks like I'm in the minority with my satisfaction with this hotel, but nonetheless, my experience was below average. In my opinion, hotels get only one chance at cleanliness and good service. The worst part of my stay was that my room was not clean. When I go into a hotel room, I expect it to be clean, period. The toilet seat had drops of urine on the seat, and these wiped away with toilet tissue, which showed that they were not stains that wouldn't come off, but recent deposits. This is something I would expect in an airport or restaurant public bathroom, not a Marriott hotel private room. Furthermore, the bathroom sink was clogged to the point that you could not run the faucet for longer than a minute or so without fear of it overflowing the sink. Because of this, there were dried spit stains in the sink. Disgusting! I would reason that if the cleaning personnel had cleaned the room/bathroom properly, they would have been aware of this problem. My last complaint is that upon check-in at all of my other Marriott stays, I am always told "Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member." I was never told thank you for staying with us or anything from the desk attendant, just asked if I would like bonus points for my stay, which is standard for Platinum members; he was not rude, he just seemed to have other things on his mind other than welcoming me. This hotel was in a perfect location for my business trip to Georgia Southern University, but the next time I'm in town, I will stay elsewhere. I'm no better than any other traveler, but as a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, you would think I would not be given a room with these issues. I am an easily satisfied traveler, and almost all of my other reviews on TripAdvisor are positive. However, this time, I'd advise you to stay somewhere else that takes pride in providing a clean, welcoming stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I’m concerned about the your experience at our hotel during your visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology. I can assure you that this is not the normal standards at the SpringHill Suites and that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed and the appropriate actions have been taken. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Brasilia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Me, my husband and two kid ( 5 and 3) stayed 5 days at this hotel. The room was very large, well decorated, clean, with two queen beds, good bathroom. Ther was a separated office area, where the kids could play with all their toys, watching TV on a great sofa bed, and let the adult relax a while on the bed. Free Wi Fi, good breakfast and ver attencious staff (front desk and housekeeping).

Room Tip: If possible, ask a room near the elevator, because the corridor room is very long.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Unfortunately my family had to go last minute for a funeral. I found this hotel online and it was fabulous. Very clean, modern, free internet and close to Millhouse restaurant which was very good. I would definetly stay here again. I have gone to Statesboro many times and stayed at other hotels but this was by far the best i have stayed at so far.

Room Tip: Very Clean and Free Internet. Refrigerators & microwave in room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very nice hotel close to campus. Decent breakfast and a small "grocery" like section offering drinks, snacks and toiletries for purchase. Ice cold water available at the check in counter free of charge (not bottled water but in a beverage server)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cumming, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a great place to stay in the statesboro area near the college. Rooms are very nice, modern and have all the luxuries expected in a hotel. I could stay here for longer duration stays as There is a mini fridge and microwave, living area, office area! Very nicely appointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Springhill Suites Statesboro University Area? Share your experiences!