“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bogart, Georgia
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I regularly visit Statesboro for Georgia Southern Football and a child at GA Southern. I have never stayed at this facility. I was here recently on a business visit to the schools in the area, The hotel is new so it was very nice. It is located right off the by-pass with easy access to businesses and the University. The room was large and comfortable and very, very clean. The room was so comfortable I really wish I had that bed at home! The breakfast area was larger than most hotels in the area and offered a good selection. I don't stay here for football but with early reservations and my government (teacher) discount I just might. The young man at the front desk was very personable and knowledgeable. Looked to be a GA Southern student. You cannot go wrong staying here, Even if you need a meeting room they can provide that for you as well.

The only thing I could not get to work was my Internet, I was too tired to keep working at it so just gave up---used my Blackberry---until the next stop!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor in a room facing the highway, The noise from traffic was not a problem.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was home in Statesboro for my mother's 87th Birthday Party and stayed at this hotel. The hotel is immaculate, and the staff is great. Enjoyed the Continental Breakfast, and the room was very clean and perfect. Will definitely stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We usually stay at the Statesboro Inn because we like that it's family run, but since it was booked for a wedding, we made alternative arrangements here. We really loved this place. The room was clean and quiet (we were lucky to be on the end away from the main road), the bathroom was roomy and the mattress and pillows were very soft and comfy.

The room we stayed in wasn't really a suite. It was a larger than average hotel room with two queen beds, a work area and a pullout sofa.

There were hot & cold breakfast choices (nothing fancy, but still good) and a place to get snacks, drinks and even some microwaveable meals at the front desk.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Clean, easy and near everything if you have a car. Great to stay when you visit Georgia Southern. It has streets on three sides so noise can be an issue. Breakfast is nothing great, but it is fast and easy. Gym is small, but has nice basics. Water and towels provided, nice touch. Rooms are modern and new.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

This property seems relatively new. The room was very spacious with a large room divided by a desk and partial partition. A large curved sofa bed was in the living area, as well as a refrigerator and microwave in a "kitchen" area; the bed was on the other side. The large flat screen TV was viewable from either side. One negative was no TV channel identification. We spent 10 minutes trying to find NBC to view the end of a golf tournament. A call to the front desk was of no help. (We later obtained a list from the front desk.) There was a coffee pot, but the coffee provided was not good. I like the commode and tub in a separate area from the vanity and sink area. The mirror over the sink was quite attractive, but there is not nearly enough light provided by the fluorescent bulb behind the mirror. The high tech combo radio, alarm, ipod charger looked great, but the time was way off and there was no way to reset the time. (I am sure there was, but there was no time identification on any button and no instructions.)
The room was very clean and well appointed. The decor was very attractive. The bed very comfortable.
We did not use the pool or exercise room.
Since we needed to leave at the 6:30 am opening time for breakfast, we brought our own. They did actually open the breakfast early as most people were leaving early to drive to Augusta.

Room Tip: Avoid a room by the ice machine-very noisy
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Evans, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

My only issue here was that it seemed like we could hear everything outside of our room both inside and out. If someone was talking when they walked by it sounded like they were inside with us. Otherwise a great stay

• Stayed February 2011
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is a hotel that Marriott should be very proud of. It is very well designed, maintained and managed. I love these Springhill Suites and always look for them when I am traveling. I will stay here again whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Springhill Suites Statesboro University Area? Share your experiences!