“Awful Thanksgiving Disappointment!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Statesboro
Beaver House Inn
Save Saved
You added Beaver House Inn to your Saves list
121 South Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Statesboro, Georgia
“Awful Thanksgiving Disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Forty five minutes after our reservation we finally were served bread/rolls. Our dinner arrived with a plateful of turkey scraps, not one single slice or drumstick! We, surprisingly, wanted gravy with our dinner. It finally arrived after four requests and, of course, our dinner was cold. To be fair, our second turkey platter had some slices on it, thank goodness. Otherwise the dinner would have been a complete bust. To add insult to injury, dessert was served without a single plate having been removed from the table! We, the paying guests, had to stack dishes to make room for dessert. The only other time we were there we attributed that to being a new waitress. Obviously, the staff has not been trained properly! As for us, new residents in Statesboro, we will never go there again and will spread the word to everyone we meet!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

Where to begin...having recently dined at the Beaver House Inns restaurant for my nephews wedding rehearsal dinner our party was held in 2 side rooms of the Inn. Disgust and disappointment sum up our experience. Dirty walls (finger prints that you could identify someone by), dirt streaked windows and dead insects lined the window sills, this was the setting for what was supposed to be a happy family event. The food was tasteless, hard to believe that it was professionally prepared. No wanting of seconds!

I e-mailed the management when I got home detailing our experience, I'm still waiting for a reply.

Locals say the Inn is haunted, all I can suggest is that maybe the staff should leave a list of chores for the
ghosts to perform overnight. Who knows, they might so a better job of keeping the place clean.

• Stayed April 2011
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I went for lunch with a group of friends and family on a cold day. The dining room was about 55 degrees. The food arrived barely warm and soon was as cold as the room. It should have been served on warmed plates. The amount of food served for 8 people was about enough for 4. I was very disappointed.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I was a bit Leery since I never eaten at a boarding house restaurant, but I am so glad we did.

I was shocked when I read a previous review about not getting enough food. When we walked into the restaurant, the 1st thing we noticed was a sign at the bottom of the white board menu stating ‘seconds were a complement’. Not only was everything wonderful, but we had more than enough food. Our server asked us repeatedly if we wanted more food. Trust me, you won't go away hungry

Most people talk about the chicken, but for me it was the pork chops. Oh, man these were Mmm Mmm good. Moist and tender with amazing light batter.

We all loved the cabbage and greens, which had a wonderful spicy flavor.

The only thing that disappointed was the Inn ran out of the peach cobbler.

Although Statesboro is out of my way, we will surly make the Beaver House Inn a traditional stop on travels to Fl.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
just peachy, georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

My husband and I went to the Beaver House Inn for lunch. We had the "family style" lunch with fried chicken... and seven side dishes. Each and every side dish was room temperature nothing was warm. All the vegatables were canned. And the wonderful fried chicken that we had read so much about... we were given 2 pieces. Then when we asked for seconds, we were given one tiny leg. Come on... This has got to be a joke, right? We would never recommend this place to eat.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Savannah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

I was here for a special event and only had time to sample the family style buffet. The fried chicken was *amazing* and I went back for thirds.

I keep meaning to go back to sample the regular menu, which looked/smelled great, but haven't had a chance yet. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about the food, which is definitely on par with Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House back in Savannah.

The property itself is worth visiting just because of the history & beauty of the home. I chatted the owner up and was surprised about his in-depth knowledge of the history of the house.

Been to Beaver House Inn? Share your experiences!