“Great rooms comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
“Great rooms comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed for one night before a visit to GSU, especially liked the very comfortable queen beds. The hotel is located a short distance from the school but just across the street from several places to eat - Olive Garden and Panera Bread were some options. I'll stay again -very nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gilmer, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok first off, very nice hotel. But 3 things that bugged me. First, I kept losing wifi about every 15mins. Then I had to log back in with a password and all that. Second, they had one of those single cup coffee pots in the room that only accepted that tiny, hotel brand coffee, which was nasty. And holiday inn doesn't have good "downstairs" coffee either. I had to buy a coffee pot. Third, the side doors will let you out, but you can't get back in, even with a card. So not ideal for a long stay. Other than that, pretty nice. Good breakfast, nice bar and resturaunt. Plus close distance to Walmart and good resturaunts.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Statesboro South, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear jeremy g,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased that you liked our breakfast and our convenient location.

However, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort our internet service has caused you. I am also sorry if you didn't find our coffee to your liking.

Thank you very much for your feedback and rest assured it will be used to improve our guest services. We are looking forward to be of service to you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were not staying at the hotel, but were taken here by relatives. We were completely shocked at Emma's Restaurant in the Hotel. This is high quality cuisine and sensational food. The scallops in green foam and fried kale was outrageous. I had the roasted salmon. There were eight of us and every meal selected was fabulous. This is the quality of food you might find in Atlanta or Savannah. The service was also great, as were the prices. By all means try this fine establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

First and foremost, I felt the staff did a good job for a busy weekend (Ga Southern spring commencement Sat, Mother's Day Sun).
That said, I was decidedly unhappy with the reservation terms. This hotel required a 2-night minimum for the weekend, the prices were nearly double the normal rate AND it was pre-pay with no cancellation options. Completely unacceptable business practices in this modern day and age.
Again, this was not the fault of the staff who were professional and polite.
Shame on the management of this hotel for allowing such unsavory business tactics to happen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Statesboro South, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Ashley_Sr,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are sorry you found our reservation restrictions less than satisfactory. We are pleased our staff was able to off set this dissatisfaction with great service. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is very well maintained, clean. I had a problem with key to my room. The young lady at the desk went above and beyond to resolve the problem and upgraded my room. Food at both breakfast and dinner was excellent.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Room location was fairly close to the elevator. That was the only positive point. The shower lacked the proper ADA specified fixtures and there was not even an attempt to provide alternatives. The rate charged was totally out of line for the product provided.
If you are staying in Statesboro, and you need a handicap room DO NOT SELECT THIS PROPERTY. Personally I would not stay there again regardless of room type. There are too many alternative properties nearby.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Statesboro South, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear gulftane,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for 3 nights on business. For a very long time, I avoided Holiday Inns as they seemed rather tired and in need of renovation. However, I have had to stay in a couple of HI properties recently and have noticed that they have improved greatly. This one is no exception. The facilities were clean and comfortable. I had a nice-sized room in the corner and the bed was very comfortable. The desk staff I encountered were very friendly and did everything possible to accomodate whatever I needed. Our meetings were catered by Emma's, the hotel restaurant, and were very, very good. I think the only thing that I would change is that even with the shades and curtains drawn, the room was still too bright for sleeping (but I think that is true in many hotels). I enjoyed my stay there, and I would stay there again if my journeys ever took me back to the "Boro".

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, away from the elevator.