“Yummy sushi - order take-out” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: phone 770-985-1800
Description: phone 770-985-1800
Atlanta, GA
“Yummy sushi - order take-out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Unassuming shop located on Hwy 124 between 78 and Ronald Regan, I've had plenty of sushi in downtown Atlanta (Rusan's various locations for instance) and this is right up there with them, and much closer to my house! Fish is always fresh and prices are reasonable.

My husband and I eat here about once a month, and by eat here I mean we call it in and he picks it up, since our 2 and 5 year olds are not sushi lovers - yet! Every roll we've tried has been great - my favorites are old standbys like the Rainbow Roll and the Bagel Roll, we've also tried the tuna roll, california roll, and Decatur Roll, which we would try again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“5 star food. 2 star service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

First, the food is superb. I love the Emory roll and the Calamari Tempura roll. S.A. is easily the best sushi restaurant I've ever been to; this includes both MF's in Atlanta(now closed). Now, the service. The service is slow, it is a very cramped venue so the waitress cannot move around very fast. The last time I went, June 28th 2012, my mom and I got an appetizer of a tempura fried jalapeno stuffed with crab. It was really good but we didn't get a plate to put our pieces on, just the serving plate was given. We used the soy sauce cups next to us which worked fine as the jalapeno slices were ~1 in. in diameter. The waitress replaced the soy sauce cups but didn't apologize to us or give us real plates. Also, unless you sit at the bar, service is agonizingly slow. Pro-tip, either order take-out or sit at the bar. The food makes up for the bad service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Covington, Georgia
“When you walk in...You feel like you are back in Japan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Typical Japanese food... Good and authentic... This IS NOT a cook at your table show... Just good Japanese food and good service. good atmosphere... like the small places I use to visit in Japan.... Great Sushi

• Visited March 2012