“Different..............” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Different..............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I usually would o to comfort Inn but my husband wanted to try this place out while I had to stay weeks do to business. This hotel is very very different and with everything I been through here, you would think I would of got at least a few days free from management but no and lol not even a refund was offered. I been through a lot here from manager yelling at me like I was his child or worker because I had to wait for money to be sent to me to keep room and where I am from time is 2 hours behind. I did let staff know in advance but manager yelled that this was his place and I had to remove everything out room by a certain time, even the fact they knew I had no family or no where to go without a car than a staff worker told me same day if I didn't check back in by a certain time that management did not want me on property and this story goes on and on because after I checked out room totally. They gave me the same room when I checked back in same day and lol the room was the way I left it early before owner demanded me to get out room by a certain time and been here days already spending money do to getting stranded in Smyrna, Georgia after losing $5000.00 to a fake property manager which I was here to go to court to try to get money back.

My first room here had a lumpy bed in it but nothing was done and my 2nd room that I stayed in for almost a month had a big giant cobweb in ceiling and staff came down to knock down for me, toilet leaked for over a week and it took for me to report a 2nd time before it was fixed. I have pictures showing the black mold and a video of the leak.Also, told owners wife about a black bug in bed and she said she needed proof but who would just let bugs run around to find management(not me). Than I seen A bug crawling on my laptop while lights was off. I jumped up and turned lights on to see a baby roach(YUK) I reported this to manager and all I got was a man to come see roach and spray my room with bug spray. All other mangers that cares would of gave a refund plus some free nights.

The owners wife is very rude and do not care about the guests at all. Seems like she is all about the money that's being made. Also, she went into my room without permission. I did not know until another Guest showed me a picture which I now have for proof. This is against the law but will handle the right way. I already reached out to guest relations department.

I must say for the record here is that Forrest is a very great man that cares about all the guest, knows his job well and does it very well, and will do what ever it takes to fix a problem and make your stay worthwhile. He is a great man and should own this establishment but since he doesn't he should at least get a raise for all the work he does. Also, Pamela front desk and Jeff the repair man are great people to and deserves raises too....

Do not get me wrong because once my room was sprayed and toilet repaired my room was enjoyably even the fact I was treated badly from owner in time of need and from his wife. Honesty the wife should not be there working because she makes people stay away from how she acts and the things she does. I still have some problems now that I have left because they debited my card after they took cash from me but I have bank and lawyer working on this because owner promised me he would call me back but never did.

This hotel would be great if they throw out old beds, make housekeeping to clean rooms thoroughly and check for leaks and spider webs instead of rushing the rooms, the wife to show respect to paying guests, and stop people for having weekend come and goes in the rooms. The only way I would ever stay here again if the owner apologizes for treating me like dirt and yelling at me and that I get the room I left and it is still clean and bug free plus offered a least 2-3 nights free there for all my problems.

I never been treated so bad in my life until my stay here and all I needed was some understanding of my situation and time to get money sent western union that one day, and showed respect from owner and his wife. I am hurt because I thought this place was great and owner was nice guy until I needed some extra time to get cash for room. I spent over $500.00 in room and still was treated like this. People anything can change so check it out because price is nice but always ask for rooms close to office to get a clean room.

Room Tip: Always ask to see room in advance and ask for rooms on first floor close to office. The first buildi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta North, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I appreciate your response regarding staying at Smyrna Red roof inn.I am writing to express my deep apology your difficult experience at our hotel.I can see why you are disappointed and i will improve. It will not happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were in town for business this summer, traveling with a truck and storage trailer when we suddenly had to go home due to an illness in the family. We had stayed at the motel for several days and when we left we had to leave the trailer parked there. We found it miraculous when we returned to find that our trailer was still intact, right where we left it. We give credit to the management for keeping an eye out and taking care that it did not get stolen or towed, at the very least. Once again thank you for thoughtfully caring, without asking for anything in return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bob P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta North, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I appreciate your response and thank you again for sharing your experience,I hope your next visit
will be a pleasant one.
Belfry, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place is far from clean, I have read other reviews and I don't understand how anyone can say that. Please trust my review the only good thing about this place is the low price, but it was not worth it. We left and went to Hyatt place MUCH better. When we arrived we went into the room and the smell knocked us back out the door. The sheets and ....well all the bed clothes were dirty or stained. Mold on the bathtub, carpet looked dirty . This place needs a upgrade bad. And now about the people that live at the motel, there were kids playing in the parking lot, throwing a football over the cars, our car was almost hit 3 times in the hour that we were there. Kids were playing around the cars the whole time we were there. Grow ups screaming at the kids to get in the room and lock the doors. We could not even close our door because the smell was so bad. We decided to leave because we didn't feel safe here and could not handle the smell. Or risking damage to our car. We were charged for one night at the motel that we didn't stay, and couldn't stay. My nose and throat was burning from the smell in the room. The kids that live in the motel need a place to play so they don't have to play in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bob P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta North, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I am writing to express my deep apology for stay at the Smyrna Red roof inn.We are going to start renovation very soon. We are changing all Mattresses and carpet .
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a great experience staying at this location....The room was very clean and easy to sleep. I just relocated to Atlanta so it was important to me to have a place to stay where I felt at home. Forest (Front Desk Staff) made my stay a sweet, and at home. He was very professional....People Person. There were times where I just needed to communicate with some one in the states so I can get that extra boost. He made me laugh. He also made sure that our stay was pleasant. He is a keeper for Red Roof Inn. He needs a raise. He is a multi-tasker... and not there just to do his job but to impact his job. The housekeeper Zade....SO awesome.....She made sure our room was spic and span.....Clean smell...She made sure we were ok with bed changing and cup supplies.....She is a keeper....... Red Roof Inn has a very nice Lobby supplied with hot tea and coffee 24 hr assess... Very close to everything....walking distance. I will suggest this hotel to my relatives when they come in town to visit me....

Room Tip: Lower Level Zades rooms.....:)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at Red roof Atlanta north and thank you for your sharing your experience.
Indialantic, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked the Red Roof Inn to be near some friends we were meeting in the morning for breakfast. The room was clean but not in terrific shape. We stayed in a different place on our return as we didn't really want to go back to that one. the staff was very nice but not the greatest location nor facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this dump the weekend of August 10-11, 2013 and this was the worst experience ever. The first room we enter had a smell of smoke and mildew; my husband then began to check out the bed. There was a spider crawling across the pillows. When I moved the pillows; I noticed that the bedding was dirty and make-up was on the sheets. My husband then went down to the front Desk to inform them of this problem; the first thing that was stated was there was "NO REFUND"; They never asked was there something that they could do in order to make this situation better. When my husband return to the room; the owner Bob Patel entered and states "let me see the sheets"; he never acknowledge the spider or the smell. He then gives us another room and upon looking around and checking the bed there was pubic hair on the bedding. I will never suggest that anyone stay at this filthy hotel with poor customer service. I am sending the health department this information so that they can go out and check out this trap for a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience and i apology for your difficult experience at our hotel. We order all new bed linen and change to all room.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night while I travelled across country to Florida with my husband, infant and dog. It seemed fine - nothing great - pretty much you get what you pay for. Furniture in the room was outdated and all the towels had someone else's hair on them. Sick. There were prostitutes at a couple doors too. Around midnight we heard loud yelling and looked out our window. Seven (yes seven!) cop cars were directly in front of our room and were arresting someone as a prostitute stood 5 feet from our window. It was hard to sleep to say the least. The only security I felt was the fact our dog was with us. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta North? Share your experiences!