“good tiramisu” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“good tiramisu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Recommended to us by the hotel, we weren't sure what to expect. The food was good and staff friendly. The tiramisu was excellent!

71% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good Mussels, Bread and salad but Horrible pasta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I don't know how a so called ( AUTHENTIC ) Italian restaurant can prepare an order of mussels perfectly but their pasta sauce tastes like it can out of a tin can.

This place could be an AWESOME Classic Italian restaurant if they would just get their act together in the kitchen.

I Always go there for the Mussel marinara appetizer but the sauce they use is horrible so I just order it with the white wine sauce. My wife has the Veal cutlet and Eggplant and she was putting salt on it to get some taste to come out of it. ( AND SHE NEVER USES SALT !!! )

I also tried their 6$ ( So called cannoli )..... I have no idea how they made the filling but it was not like any real cannoli I ever had. It had a strange minty taste and the filling was not made of ricotta cheese as it should be.

I know being from Chicago has made me a bit of a food snob but I always think if your going to claim to be soooooo authentic, you should at least know what the authentic food taste like so you can at least make an attempt to achieve it.

All in All..... This place has a great atmosphere, nice bar and friendly service and some of the food is good as long as you don't order and kind of red sauce. Stop by and get your own take on it.

P.S.

I included some pic..... You must try those little garlic bread balls....if you like Garlic and butter, you cant pass these up !

Also included is a pic of the great mussel marinara I always go there for and that horrible cannoli you should avoid.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Average Itilian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We chose this based on review in Trip Advisor. The decor was nice and service adequate. The sauce was a disappointment. At best it was average. We were expecting much more flavor and it was just adequate and average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blue Jay, California
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Scalini's has been around for a long time and it has always been the best Italian food in the Atlanta area. It is amazing that a chain restaurant across the street does a good business, because Scalini's out does them in every way.
Somebody mentioned garlic in a previous post - if you don't love garlic, order your rolls dry. If you like garlic, you'll love their garlic rolls even though they're a bit messy. Hey, that's why they give you napkins. The calamari starter was more than ample for three adults and two little ones to share. It was also delicious.
I usually order lasagna when I eat Italian food at a restaurant - I know, it's boring, right? But my regular order of lasagna is rewarded at Scalini's with the best I've ever tasted, bar none.
The decor of the restaurant is a bit dark and dated and it can be noisy when crowded (it usually is crowded), but don't let that put you off. You're going to enjoy your meal at this great family restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia, United States
“33 years and still utterly delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner Saturday night. He hadn't been here in about 30 years and I hadn't been in almost 20, but we both remembered that it had been good. Shockingly, it is still excellent! The prices are great, the food is fantastic and the service was excellent. Our waitress told us that they have the same chef they started with, 33 years ago! Amazing! The only disappointing thing about the night was that the decor doesn't look like it's been touched since they opened. That's not really a big deal though. The food is really delicious and I highly recommend the mussels appetizer. We definitely won't wait long to return this time!

• Visited February 2013