“Expected Pub Food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Expected Pub Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went with some friends for drinks and a bite to eat. Our waitress was friendly. The place was fairly empty when we went so we didnt get to experience the full swing of things. Food was average and drinks ok.

Smyrna, Georgia
“Typical pub fare, nice open dining room, large bar with televisions...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We usually go to Varner's on Friday night for Kids Eat Free night. The onion rings and fried okra are delicious, the sandwiches are average, my kid loves the tater tots. The salads are nothing special. The service is average; nice folks, but never above and beyond. Great having a pub in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Varner's Visit Garners Praise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

There are three dining areas at Varner's. You can dine outside in a patio courtyard. This is OK, but it faces the parking lot so there's not a very good view, unless you really like automobiles. You can sit in the noisy bar area (which is closed off so it doesn't interfere with the other diners). There you can watch television and cheer on your favorite teams. Or, you can sit in the quieter dining area (there are televisions sprinkled around so you won't miss your game) and enjoy some fabulous burgers. First of all, one burger can easily feed two people or someone with a very healthy appetite. They offer a $5 Classic Cheeseburger Monday-Friday 11-4.; Wednesday all burgers are just $5.95; Monday BOGO Bone In Wings; Tuesday BOGO Boneless Wings; Sunday Brunch 11-1. They offer a wide variety of food, but we only had two types of Burgers, both of which were delicious and HUGE. Our server was friendly and kept a watchful eye on us and filled our drinks regularly. It was a good dining experience (we were on the quiet side) and everyone around us seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Worst chicken wrap ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

When I first sat down the waitress gave me a drink with a big chip out of the glass. When my chicken wrap came there was little to no dressing on it. I asked about it, and she said she would be right back to check on me but she never came back. I did eat have the wrap but left the chicken from the other half on the plate because it was so hard and dried out you couldn't bite into it and could barely cut it. When I told the waitress she said they must have cooked it too long and she would let the kitchen know for the next time. Didn't care about this time. Haven't been in a long time and won't go back for a long time. I suggest no one else go either. There was something wrong with the table because it was sticky all over and I don't believe it was from not being clean.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Don't go late”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Visited a few times for lunch when it first opened, it wasn't bad. Be careful if you go late, though. I sat at a table with 5 people (closer to 10:30pm) and got completely ignore. Saw the bartender staring at us. After 20 minutes, I walked up to the counter to ask the bartender if we were getting a waiter. She said yes (no apology) and a guy ran up, said he was on his way out, but he would get our drink orders (we were ready to order but he didn't have time for that) and then never saw him again, our drinks, or another waiter. Left 20 minutes later. I won't be returning. I should have poured ketchup all over the table so they might have noticed they had a customer at one point, but too busy flirting with the men at the bar.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Varner's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Varner's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.