“What a bargain” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
Charlotte, North Carolina
“What a bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place is a great bargain for the price. The service and rooms are great. the front desk folks are so friendly they make you feel welcome and at home. I stumbled upon this place and will highly recommend staying here for the price and service.

Room Tip: Please stay in either the suite or delux rooms.. The price is not that different...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

i love this hotel. i come here everytime im in town. the staff is wonderful and they really know how to make you feel like your at home. rooms are clean and they also serve breakfast. the manager angela is so sweet. mrs angela really makes me wanna keep coming back to this hotel.. beside the clean rooms and theres never any problems with the guest.

Room Tip: rooms on the 3rd floor are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I would stay at this place again and again. The rooms and bathrooms are amazingly clean. You would have to go a long way to find a motel this clean. Gladys and Kelvin are great owners. There was not enough they could do for you without being over the top. We will always stay here when in Whakatane. Nothing but great comments.

Room Tip: We had a look around and all the rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a travellers nightmare. We checked in and noticed they had humidifiers running in the lobby. Should have realized what was going on and run then, but we didn't. Got to our room(s).. we had two of them.. The carpet was stained, smelly and sticky. NOT vacuumed or clean. The sheets looked used and slept in, the bathroom was not clean and very disgusting. But the worst (yes it gets worse) part was the smoke detectors in BOTH rooms were non functional and not useable. Also, we were in "non smoking rooms" yet both rooms reeked of stale smoke and one of them had cigarette ashes piled up under the night stand and under the bed. We did call the health department and the building/codes department to report this, my hope is they take care of the situation... BULL DOZE THE BUILDINGS

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010 via mobile

This place was a nightmare! There were pubic hairs in 'clean' (I use this term loosely) bedding, towels, bathroom sink, floor and shower. No ventilation fan in bathroom so entire hotel room was a sauna. Mold in bathroom at ceiling. Drywall shavings on carpet because floor boards were nonexistent. Exposed wires. Need I say more?! Very unsafe for anyone traveling with children or women/young girls due to unflavorful clientele. Seemed to be more of a pay by the hour motel. We checked out and went down the road to country inn & suites--awesome! Moral of the story: Expedia is the devil and don't stay here!

• Stayed March 2010
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

They were rude and usually engaged with conversations with other staff and when they ran out of breakfast at 8am it was the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. There was staff sitting at the desk and watching guest enter the breakfast area and knew they were out of pretty much out of everything including milk. We just assumed that she would automatically go replenish things but we were mistaken. When someone asked her she said well...we are out, but I will go get some juice. This was included in the cost of the hotel and we certainly did not receive it. She acted like we were all bothering her. I guess you really do get what you pay for but I really thought that this would be ok for one night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

A good nights stay was literally a nightmare!
I booked Microtel on-line in advance and chose this inn for its proximity to my business meeting.
I arrived and there was a blue tarp hanging over the entry. That should have been a red flag. The entry had a security check-in desk in the anteroom. That should have been a red flag.
The reception room was dirty with carpet, door handles, walls, and amenities all showing serious signs of deferred maintenance and GRIME. Needless to say, I was tired upon arrival so I took a chance. WOW! The room was suffering from serious fatigue, the bedding looked like it had been slept in without being changed with pillows that were void of any signs of life. It took all 3 pillows just to keep my head off the mattress. There was a strong odor of a cheap,sweet , carpet cleaner which kept me up all night and was worse than the lingering cigarette smoke in a non smoking area.
The noise began when other guests checked in and my neighbors had a conversation most the night that I could dictate word for word since they sometimes appeared to be right in my room when I frequently woke from the constant noise.
This motel could provide a great venue for a Chevy Chase vacation movie, unfortunately, I was Chevy Chase and it was not a comedy!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Rite4us Inn & Suites - Smyrna? Share your experiences!