“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Highlands Pkwy, Smyrna, GA 30082   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

The room was very dirty and disgusting and the bathroom was also disgusting. The clean towels had small hairs stuck in them. Our bathroom fan didn't work an when it was fixed the maintenance man left the toilet and the floor full of dirt from the fan when it was opened and fixed. Our bathroom sink leaked and was never fixed when the maintenance man came to fix the fan. The office closes after a certain hour and someone came about 3 in the morning for a room and the office was closed so they decided to pull the fire alarm and the alarm went off for 30 minutes straight until the fire tricks came and my husband had to call the police and the alarm woke up my 7 month old. Overall I'd never go to there again. Oh and the bed sheets and blankets looked like they were never washed there were cigarette burns in one of them and stains on the sheets. All in all the room scared me at one point bed bugs crossed my mind also with how unclean the room was.

• Stayed July 2011
sunsuitessmyrna, General Manager at Sun Suites of Smyrna-Vinings, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Jojoblue7,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We always strive to maintain a clean comfortable room and apologize if your stay was not a great one. We did our best to correct your situation and apologize as there was a miscommunication between the housekeeper and maintenance staff. We do not take these reviews lightly and your comments will be addressed with the members of our staff.

If ever during your stay at a Sun Suites Hotel and you have questions or concerns, please ask to speak to the Manager on duty so we can try to fix the problem. Again, I truly apologize and hope that sometime in the future you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Kind Regards,

Dorothy,
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maysville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff at this hotel makes the stay here well worth it ,Sonya Mary, and Dorathy work the front desk and they were always helpful when I needed anything . The grounds are cleaned everyday and maintenance staff was always busy maintaining the look of the property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
SunSuitesSmyrna, General Manager at Sun Suites of Smyrna-Vinings, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting your recent feedback regarding your stay at our Sun Suites Smyrna. Our staff is dedicated at all times to go far and beyond that extra mile to ensure quality customer service, and we are glad you were satisfied with your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Sincerely Dorothy , General Manager
Symrna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

When my job built a new office branch in Symrna Ga transpertation was a bit of a challenge But from the very first day of check in to checking out and checking back in for a restay Sun Suites Extended Stay have truely been a home away from home and I should know I have been with my job for 13yrs. and staying at the Sun Suites for 10yrs. All the staff members Miss Marry, Miss Sonya, Miss Danielle, and Mr. Keyon and the newest member of the family Miss April have been made every day an excellent stay. Honestly I could have bought a house or move into an apartment long before now. But why live any where else when you are all ready home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

We arrived around 10pm to a very clean exterior and friendly night desk person. My room looked freshly painted and was very clean. They had one of the most beautiful flower beds I have seen at a hotel. It was very comforting to pull up to this hotel late at night with my wife and kids. The elevator on sight takes away alot of pain by not having to climb the stairs in this 3 floor hotel. The front desk staff and management should be commended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

After staying at the SunSuites Extended-Stay on business for a month, I would say that they are of a high-quality for their niche. The office staff was helpful with various requests. Danielle, the manager, is a very professional and kind, which is excellent when you are at an extended-stay and may have more interaction than you would expect when staying at a hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010 via mobile

I stay in hotels throught the country about 200 nights more or less a year. I look to reviews on trip advisor to help me select. I think all the great reviews r from employees. Because this place is horriable. In thirteen years of traveling I've left a hotel twice and got a refund. This was one of the places. It smelled was dirty the first room I recieved I feel through a hole in mattress second and third rooms I was shown were filthy one have burn marks all over carpet and burrowing bugs in thoese holes. The rooms my guys were in were dirty as well I can not stress how crappy this place was. The only positive was the guy at the front desk he was great. This place was so bad I had to wite a review so fold wouldn't end up here as I did based on other reviews. We checked in next
store to the comfort inn which was a world better!!!! This place was so bad

• Stayed January 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Good experience and a great place to chill out and enjoy comforts of home. The service is absolutely amazing. I have checked in with both Sonya and Mary who make me feel right at home with wonderful attitudes and friendly smiles. I highly reccomend The Sun Suites Inn of Smyrna

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Sun Suites of Smyrna-Vinings? Share your experiences!